Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 9:49 am

Usually around summer solstice (June 21st) I get seasonal depression because it means the nights are going to become longer and I hate the dark. I work evenings outside and although we have lights I still prefer working in the natural daylight. Once September comes the cold, dark winter months just drag on and on and it feels like an eternity until spring.

Why can't the summer solstice be in September? The nights should be getting shorter all summer, not getting longer as soon as summer begins. Why does the stupid planet have to tilt at all? I just want it to be May all year round (late spring, short nights, warm weather).

Also the stores start clearing space for Christmas stuff in August and that is really offensive to people who suffer with seasonal depression. I can't bear it. :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 6:00 pm

I usually get somewhat depressed, actually, in the winter because of the short days.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 6:07 pm

I have the opposite seasonal depression from December to June, because I don't like longer days.

I always celebrate the summer solstice because it's my birthday, but mostly because I'm excited for less sunlight.

Do you take extra Vitamin D in winter, or have you tried a UV light made for SAD?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 6:12 pm

I used to get depressed at the end of summer/early fall, continuing on through the winter. I'm doing pretty well on my antidepressant though and I sure don't miss that late summer blues thing.