Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:31 pm

Michigan has lifted covid restrictions... But I'm seeing everything from people that don't believe in covid in the first place, so they never got vaccinated or wore masks in the first place, basically saying "good!" To one of my neighbors who's so deathly afraid of covid, she's fully vaccinated, but she says she's still gonna wear masks for now on, afraid she'll still get it and die... Wow to both extremes.. I mean ummm... Yeah... Your guys views on this?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:35 pm

I still wear a mask in public places because of all the stubborn, ignorant fools who refuse to be vaccinated.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
I still wear a mask in public places because of all the stubborn, ignorant fools around me who refuse to be vaccinated.

I just cancelled a comment about how the people who are going to stay masking are mostly motivated by fear of catching it from the folks who never took it seriously in the first place. :lol:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ArtsyFarsty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2021, 3:39 pm

Angnix wrote:
Michigan has lifted covid restrictions... But I'm seeing everything from people that don't believe in covid in the first place, so they never got vaccinated or wore masks in the first place, basically saying "good!" To one of my neighbors who's so deathly afraid of covid, she's fully vaccinated, but she says she's still gonna wear masks for now on, afraid she'll still get it and die... Wow to both extremes.. I mean ummm... Yeah... Your guys views on this?

That has been my experience as well. Myself, if am not certain of the vaccination status of those in close proximity, I’m still masking-up. After 18 months on whinging, I don’t trust that those who are unmasked are actually vaccinated.

Motivated by fear? You betcha. I recently buried someone very dear to me because of covid, and I worry about the newest variant and my youngest child potentially catching it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:51 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I still wear a mask in public places because of all the stubborn, ignorant fools around me who refuse to be vaccinated.
I just cancelled a comment about how the people who are going to stay masking are mostly motivated by fear of catching it from the folks who never took it seriously in the first place.
At least those of us who received the vaccines are not afraid of a prick or two.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 4:19 pm

Sorry for your loss, Artsy.

I don't wear a mask when I don't have to. I had a mild case of COVID----but it's still no joke!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 7:37 pm

The restrictions have been for the most part lifted here. I will still mask up when indoors unless I know everybody else has been vaccinated despite having touch sensitivities from the neck up. I have a preexisting condition that involves difficulties with speech and swallow so COVID-19 is more problematic for me then most. I am resentful that those who refuse to vaccinate(except for legitimate medical reasons) makes me feel I have to mask up longer then necessary if not for the rest of my life.

The good news is that rates are so low and still cratering that herd immunity seems to have occurred, so if this continues it is probably time to unmask. I never would want masking and looking at others masking to be the normal for the remainder of my life. There will always be risk and some degree of risk taking will always be needed to do things. But it is summer and rates last summer were almost as low sans vaccinations so who knows.

Less but a considerable amount of people mask outdoors. Masking in indoor public spaces is nearly universal.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jun 2021, 2:46 am

I'm fully vaccinated and I wear mask in public indoor areas like shops or public transport.
I also wore a mask on a protest I recently attended because of the crowd there.
Generally, my mask-wearing and hand-washing standards remained the same as pre-vaccine but I go to more places now.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 3:30 am

Where I live, mask requirements have been gone for quite a while -- well before the state officially removed them. The only exception is that of health care related businesses like the hospital, the pharmacy, and doctor's offices.

I'm having a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks in a distant city. What do you bet I have to wear a face mask while on the table with they run a scope through my intestines?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 3:54 am

Where I am fully vaccinated people don't have to wear masks anymore. I'm getting my second shot tomorrow, but I'm still going to wear masks indoors and practice social distancing the best I can. I haven't had to deal with any of the usual illnesses that I am constantly bombarded with because of these things, so I'm not going to give them up that easy. lol

I also like people not being able to see a good portion of my face. I am more comfortable in public like that since I don't have to monitor my facial expressions as much.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 10:14 am

I'm still in lockdown. Nothing has changed yet except I think we're allowed to visit one or two people outdoors. Still no haircuts, restaurants, cinemas, non-essential shopping, or visiting anyone indoors.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 1:26 pm

i LiVE iN Florida With

'Florida Men' Trump And

(And Holy CR8P Matt Gaetz too)

DeSantis THAT Says It All;

Most of the Way Through

Half The Folks or So Have Taken

The State Given Option in Local

Areas Like Mine of Acting Like the Pandemic

Was Never Real At All; Sadly Folks Still Died As

Covid-19 Pays No Attention to Human Ignorance;

34 Percent of the Population is Fully Vaccinated in this

County That Voted For Trump In Numbers Close to 70 Percent...
Go Figure So God Dam Predictable The Numbers of Fully Vaccinated Are...

The Church i Visit Has Lifted All Covid-19 Social Distancing And Masking

Restrictions and Of Course The Church is the Place Where Ignorance Runs

Most Rampant in the County Where i Live; Not Likely More than 20 Percent

of the Congregation Now Sandwiched Together As the Priests Applauds Children

Non-Vaccinated Have Returned to Unmasked Non-Social Distancing Church Again...

True, Just Like the Beginning of Last June the Numbers of Infections are Close to Zero

Yet of Course Then At Least There Was Social Distancing In Effect; Now the Delta Variant

Is Provided An Environment to Breed to Its Greater Satisfaction As Reports From South Florida

And Some Other Places of Ignorance Shows the Predictable of Nature is Exercising Reality Again...

Which of

Course

Includes

Face Palm

Thick Human Ignorance

Who Can't See Further than

The Next 3 Seconds of Reality it seems...

i Feel Safe Enough With The Vaccinations

And Am Happy Not to Spread Any Infections to Kill Ignorant Folks...

Sadly This Go Around, It's Gonna Be Through Their Own Group Think Effort

That Kill's 'em Dead;

Or Long

Hauling

A Bit of

Disease Along

With A Side of

Ever More Ignorance Still to Come...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 10:43 pm

Angnix wrote:
...but she says she's still gonna wear masks for now on, afraid she'll still get it and die... Wow to both extremes.. I mean ummm... Yeah... Your guys views on this?

I didn't know we were opening.
But yeah, I'm still going to mask. I didn't trust people before 2020, and I sure as HECK don't trust human beings after 2020. What a terrible lot we are.

I know it's prejudice, but every time I see someone without a mask, I automatically assume what kind of person they are.

kokopelli wrote:
I'm having a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks in a distant city. What do you bet I have to wear a face mask while on the table with they run a scope through my intestines?

Hospitals are taking the pandemic very seriously, so I would say there's a very good chance you'll be masked.
We were just at the hospital the other day, and the sign on the door said you have to wear a mask, regardless of whether or not you've been vaccinated.

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I haven't had to deal with any of the usual illnesses that I am constantly bombarded with because of these things, so I'm not going to give them up that easy. lol

I also like people not being able to see a good portion of my face. I am more comfortable in public like that since I don't have to monitor my facial expressions as much.

This and this, too. Definitely.

I just hate that Long COVID causes shortness of breath, anxiety in public, etc...so it makes it a little more difficult than usual to breathe through a mask.
But it's preferable to the risk of catching it again.