Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 10:19 am

Reading this stuff was so interesting though! And this is my mother's side, my dad's side idk much about!! ! I'm thinking of doing ansectory test!! !

Edit: I like how one of my cousins did Ancectory's test and it actually said "Central Appalachian Settler"!

Some of my cousins in fact turned to their Celtic roots and became Celtic pagans...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 12:32 pm

Angnix wrote:
... I like how one of my cousins did Ancectory's test and it actually said "Central Appalachian Settler"! ...
I googled "Central Appalachian Settler" and this link was at the top of the list.

Central Appalachian Settler 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 1:02 pm

That IS surprising to me that this commercial DNA test you took lists "Central Appalachian Settler" as a distinct entity. As if hillbillies were a race unto themselves- even distinct from other Whites. And actually - in a way they ARE that- because the White exploration and settlement of the Appalachians was indeed spearheaded by one European ethnic group more than others- namely the Scotch-Irish. So for that reason I would think that your test would say "Scotch-Irish", rather than "central Appalachian Settler".

To make a long complicated story short: the Catholic Irish in Ireland are simply "the Irish", and the Protestants of northern Ireland are "the Scotch Irish" who settled there from Scotland when Ireland was subjugated by England in the 1600s. And then some of these Scotch settlers of Ireland moved on, and crossed the Atlantic to America, and ventured into the mountains of the Eastern US and ...invented our whole modern redneck culture.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 5:23 pm

White Supremacy is a way of thinking and acting. The race of the person thinking that way is not part of the definition. There are people of color who are white supremacists, there are Autistic NT supremacists.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 6:58 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
There are people of color who are white supremacists, there are Autistic NT supremacists.

The connection between these is closer than what people suspect. Normalisation of a hierarchical society is all pervasive. Just go to any organisation, there is always a pecking order.

If you can deconstruct the mind block in one you can fix the other.