Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,177

23 Jun 2021, 2:20 pm

As we all know, wearing or not wearing a mask is a political statement: wearing a mask means you are Democrat, not wearing the mask means you are Republican. So its weird when people that were vaccinated stopped wearing the masks. Getting vaccinated is a Democrat thing to do, so since they are Democrats, they should wear them.

In any case, I think we should come up with a game where there is a Democrat team and a Republican team. It is common in games for teams to be visually distinguished. Typically they do it by the color of the jacket or something. But I, instead, suggest them to separate by means of masks: people on Democrat team have a mask and people on Republican team don't.

Since people on BOTH teams are interested in the rules of the game being followed, you will get some funny situations, such as a Democrat reminding the Republican to take the mask off, or a Republican reminding the Democrat to put it on :)



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,694
Location: Stendec

23 Jun 2021, 2:21 pm

QFT wrote:
As we all know, wearing or not wearing a mask is a political statement: wearing a mask means you are Democrat, not wearing the mask means you are Republican...
Says who?  Trump?

:roll:


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,177

23 Jun 2021, 2:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
As we all know, wearing or not wearing a mask is a political statement: wearing a mask means you are Democrat, not wearing the mask means you are Republican...
Says who?  Trump?

:roll:


Thats what their actions show. When Pence distanced himself from Trump, he famously put the mask on :)



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,694
Location: Stendec

23 Jun 2021, 2:29 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
As we all know, wearing or not wearing a mask is a political statement: wearing a mask means you are Democrat, not wearing the mask means you are Republican...
Says who?  Trump?
Thats what their actions show. When Pence distanced himself from Trump, he famously put the mask on.
Never trust politicians, religious leaders, or their followers.  Trust science instead.

People wear masks because they want to stay healthy.  People do not wear masks because they either received the necessary vaccines or because they are under-age, incapacitated, or stupid.

In Trump's case, he does not wear a mask because he received the vaccine -- even HE trusts science...

:roll: ... in spite of being stupid.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,177

23 Jun 2021, 2:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
In Trump's case, he does not wear a mask because he received the vaccine -- even HE trusts science...


Are you saying he received a vaccine a lot sooner than he said about it? I mean he was without the mask from the get go, but he only received vaccine in 2021 as far as I know.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,694
Location: Stendec

23 Jun 2021, 2:46 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
In Trump's case, he does not wear a mask because he received the vaccine -- even HE trusts science...
Are you saying he received a vaccine a lot sooner than he said about it? I mean he was without the mask from the get go, but he only received vaccine in 2021 as far as I know.
Am I?  Find out for yourself.

Anyway, your OP fails on false premises.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,177

23 Jun 2021, 4:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
In Trump's case, he does not wear a mask because he received the vaccine -- even HE trusts science...
Are you saying he received a vaccine a lot sooner than he said about it? I mean he was without the mask from the get go, but he only received vaccine in 2021 as far as I know.
Am I?  Find out for yourself.


The website here https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/01/politics ... index.html says they received it in January 2021. Yet Trump was without a mask much much earlier than that.

Fnord wrote:
Anyway, your OP fails on false premises.


Actions speak louder than words. This is what it looks like across the party lines.



SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,048
Location: Michigan

23 Jun 2021, 10:27 pm

QFT wrote:
So its weird when people that were vaccinated stopped wearing the masks.

Vaccinated people can still contract and spread COVID, so I'm still going to wear a mask.
Not to mention, it's all on "the honor system", so there's no way that I'm going to trust that some maskless stranger is actually vaccinated and not just a "patriot".


_________________
he had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say
we'll miss him