Britney Spears just wants her life back

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

What should be done about Britney's conservatorship
She needs a conservator. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
She needs a conservator but not her father. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
If she doesn't want a conservator, she shouldn't be forced to have one. 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
Let her ruin her own life and burn through her fortune, she earned it. 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 11

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2021, 1:23 pm

It seems to me that a stop-gap measure between "fly free, little bird" and "you need your daddy's strictness" would be a probationary period under a DIFFERENT conservator who is not her dad - maybe a social worker. If as she is gradually given more freedom, she can stay stable and manage her affairs, I'm all for dropping the conservatorship. (This is a process that typically happens in adolescence - gradual assumption of responsibilities).

I do think if you are in a constant power struggle with your conservator, it's reasonable to ask the court to appoint someone else. Parents and their adult offspring have conflicting interests, often.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2021, 1:31 pm

I don't like to speculate, but if this is how the man controls his daughter now (as an adult) (out of the limelight), I can only imagine what it was like for her growing up. She was so pretty and talented, but even as an adolescent I could see a look of terror and / or dissociation in her eyes. She never looked happy and even as a teen singing love songs, she didn't have that "dreamy" or "romantic" look in her eyes. It's like she was kind of in a trance. It reeks of CPTSD in my opinion, but of course I'm no expert. I just worry about her!

If she requires a new conservator I'd think it should be a woman, a friend of the family, her own mother, or of course a social worker / lawyer. It doesn't seem right that it's her father, because we know he has a vested interest in her financial assets.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 10:42 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't like to speculate, but if this is how the man controls his daughter now (as an adult) (out of the limelight), I can only imagine what it was like for her growing up. She was so pretty and talented, but even as an adolescent I could see a look of terror and / or dissociation in her eyes. She never looked happy and even as a teen singing love songs, she didn't have that "dreamy" or "romantic" look in her eyes. It's like she was kind of in a trance. It reeks of CPTSD in my opinion, but of course I'm no expert. I just worry about her!

If she requires a new conservator I'd think it should be a woman, a friend of the family, her own mother, or of course a social worker / lawyer. It doesn't seem right that it's her father, because we know he has a vested interest in her financial assets.

Well...James Spears is known to have struggled with substance abuse in the past and he’s not in the greatest health. His full-time job ever since Britney became famous seems to be pretty much taking care of her. I can’t really figure out where the family comes from, but getting the connections she had leading up to her teenage years ain’t cheap. The best I can figure out is that James “married up” and has no intention to let any cash cows go. He’s never been her sole conservator for very long. I think Britney legit does have mental issues. I also am ok with the idea that your parents can pretty much own you for life if you truly are incapable of taking care of yourself. But since her dad doesn’t seem to actually DO anything else and is living off her wealth, well...I think that’s wrong. No child owes parents anything for sperm donation or squeezing them out of a womb. If kids choose to support their parents, that’s wonderful. The only thing her father did was be lucky to have talented children, and being a musician myself and pushing music on my own kids, I can honestly say that any parent playing the long game can do this to their children and win. What James is doing is unhealthy. He should let her go.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 11:46 am

If she does need one it shouldn't be her father, seems he's more after control and syphoning off her wealth acquired from the stardom.

But yeah people do recover from mental breakdowns and can learn to better manage their mental issues if they have them. And she is still fairly young, she's not elderly with dementia so seems rather extreme to keep her under such restrictions when seems there is plenty of time she could recover and manage her mental ailments, and be able to take on more responsibility over time.

One thing that does not help is being stuck in a toxic kind of environment, which having someone in control of your money and affairs who's not really interested in what's best for you could certainly create.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 4:35 pm

ASAN along with other disability rights organizations signed a statement of support for her fight

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 4:37 pm

Her petition was denied by the court.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 8:38 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Her petition was denied by the court.

That is disappointing, I was hoping the would at least get her a different conservator.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 8:30 pm

I don't give a crap , celebs live in a fantasy world , hell Wesley Snipes thought he was entitled to not pay taxes - think again

I told Burt Ward about the forger Piece of Past but he couldn't give less of a crap , after all its not him that gets scammed so it doesn't matter to him - me me me , that's celebs in a nut shell

I've a buddy that's hung up about Steven Seagal , SS is just a phony and he has also sexually harassed several women