Covid hits nursing home. 52 of 55 infected were vaccinated

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Jun 2021, 10:54 am

I don't know the ability to sue thing because I'm living in a different legal system but NHS seems to generally use cover-each-other's-ass politics when it comes to sueing them. I remember it from an old story of an autistic boy dying from psychiatric mismedication.

How do you know which scientists are "not compromised"?
What are the alternatives you'd like to discuss?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 11:24 am

magz wrote:
I don't know the ability to sue thing because I'm living in a different legal system but NHS seems to generally use cover-each-other's-ass politics when it comes to sueing them. I remember it from an old story of an autistic boy dying from psychiatric mismedication.

How do you know which scientists are "not compromised"?
What are the alternatives you'd like to discuss?

They have been forced to pay compensation over vaccines in the past, but they changed a law, or introduced one to circumvent a similar scenario over this one. It might not just be the UK who have taken such steps, it's not the sort of thing that gets reported in the current climate.

By not compromised, I mean they are not at risk of losing their job/livelihood for speaking out and have nothing to gain but abuse and smear campaigns from those trying to shut them down.
The man who invented the mRNA technology was censored by YouTube for sharing his concerns on the vaccines.

Ivermectin is now gaining some momentum as a viable treatment. In fact it has been used in some countries with great success but the powers that be refuse to recognise this. I was listening to a doctor who has testified to the senate about it (youtube took that video down also, they block any positive discussion of it), he said something like 60 trials have now been done with it in relation to Covid with overwhelmingly positive results, but they still refuse to accept it. Big tech fact checkers falsely claim it's ineffective or unsafe based on incorrect dosage, which can be claimed for any drug.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Jun 2021, 11:43 am

No such legislation in my country but we generally have different legal system.

So, you basically cross out all professionally active researchers as "corrupted" but leave a lot of room for those who dropped out of the system for their simple incompetence or who got bought into agendas from outside the scientific community?

Ivermeticin is just one of countless existing drugs tested for possible usefullness in covid. It showed promising results in-vitro but not in clinical trials. Their manufacturer points this out https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statem ... -pandemic/

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 11:59 am

Quote:
She stressed that vaccination does not necessarily prevent catching or transmitting the illness.

I knew that all along, which is why I don't see why I should be forced to have the vaccine. I'm sure the top headline on the news isn't going to be "everybody's going to die from COVID because a minority of people haven't been vaccinated".

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 12:22 pm

magz wrote:
No such legislation in my country but we generally have different legal system.

So, you basically cross out all professionally active researchers as "corrupted" but leave a lot of room for those who dropped out of the system for their simple incompetence or who got bought into agendas from outside the scientific community?

Ivermeticin is just one of countless existing drugs tested for possible usefullness in covid. It showed promising results in-vitro but not in clinical trials. Their manufacturer points this out https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statem ... -pandemic/

These issues have been dealt with in detail by the people arguing for its' use. The patent has run out, which should tell you a lot about what is going on behind the scenes, but it won't because IIRC you've said you are very keen to have your own children vaccinated as soon as possible, which would place you on the very extreme end of this debate and if you're going to conflate people who have spent their whole lives pro-vaccine and working for vaccine companies at a very high level of office and have now retired with "those who dropped out of the system for their simple incompetence", then there isn't really any point engaging further.
Members of my own family have been vaccinated, so I'm very much hoping side effects - short and long term - turn out to be minimal and I hope the decisions you take work out for you and your family. Good luck.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 12:29 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I'm sure the top headline on the news isn't going to be "everybody's going to die from COVID because a minority of people haven't been vaccinated".

It's highly likely that the unvaccinated are going to be blamed for a rise in cases and deaths this coming winter, should that occur, regardless of how much vaccinated people are contributing to mutations and spread. I'm bracing myself for it.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Jun 2021, 12:31 pm

I understand vaccinated people contribute to mutations and spread of other diseases, too? Including the near-eradicated ones? :roll:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 12:46 pm

Viruses spread and mutate. The longer they are allowed to spread, the greater the likelihood is of that happening.

Got my vaccine. There may be long-term consequences, but the same can be said of catching COVID.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 12:59 pm

People are making this into a "civil liberties" issue-----when it really should be a "public health" issue.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Jun 2021, 1:02 pm

lostproperty wrote:
Oh, and by the way, I did not misquote Fnord earlier, he changed the wording of his post after I had replied to it.
My apologies - that was how it was reported, but I see now that the post timings show you could have simply had an edit window open at the time Ford changed his post which when submitted, would not have shown the change.
If he'd made a change after you'd posted it would have been flagged automatically on his post by the forum software.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 1:51 pm

Cornflake wrote:
lostproperty wrote:
Oh, and by the way, I did not misquote Fnord earlier, he changed the wording of his post after I had replied to it.
My apologies - that was how it was reported, but I see now that the post timings show you could have simply had an edit window open at the time Ford changed his post which when submitted, would not have shown the change.
If he'd made a change after you'd posted it would have been flagged automatically on his post by the forum software.

No worries. He's changed it to say basically the same thing, so I'm at a loss as to why he's become so defensive about it. I often have to edit mine because of mild dyslexia. No big deal.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 4:57 pm

lostproperty wrote:
If I had edited my post after your reply, there would be a note at the bottom of my post saying it had been edited.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 5:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
lostproperty wrote:
If I had edited my post after your reply, there would be a note at the bottom of my post saying it had been edited.

We've established that. You changed it between me pressing quote and posting the reply. Then, bizarrely, you've accused me of changing your words when it was you.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2021, 12:18 am

Quote:
Got my vaccine. There may be long-term consequences, but the same can be said of catching COVID.

What's that supposed to mean?

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2021, 6:35 am

Daily Mail yesterday

Pupils are using FRUIT JUICE to get false positive Covid test results
Droplets of orange juice can break lateral flow tests and show a positive result
Viral videos on TikTok have encouraged children across the UK to try the trend
Schools have warned parents to be 'vigilant' when their children are tested

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... sults.html

robischult
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Oct 2021, 5:43 pm

I think that in this case, the vaccine has an important solution because nurses come into contact with people who have various diseases. That's why it's worth being extremely careful about this kind of thing.