Court Suspends Giuliani’s Law License, Citing Trump Lies

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2021, 9:24 pm

Rudolph W. Giuliani, a former top federal prosecutor, New York City mayor and lawyer to a president, had his law license suspended after a New York court ruled on Thursday that he made “demonstrably false and misleading statements” while fighting the results of the 2020 election on behalf of Donald J. Trump.

The move was a humbling blow to a man who was once known as a law-and-order crusader and whose political ambitions and creative courtroom tactics against mob bosses turned him into a fixture on national television.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/nyre ... trump.html

The NY court is also sending a message to the 74 million idiots who pretended not to notice they were voting for a liar to lead their country. You have to excuse me when republicans claim they are true patriots when they are willing to put their country at risk because they hate the left,

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2021, 10:21 pm

Well, I'm not entirely sure we in Aus should be the ones to comment on this.
Hope the Americans here will forgive us weighing in.

My take, from what I've seen of the Giuliani in recent years, is this seems like an excellent move - and as you said, it sends an important message.
Hopefully this might lead to a discussion on whether lies should ever be tolerated in the name of getting things done.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 8:27 am

Giuliani's disbarment bolsters every case against the lies he and his boss (#45) spoke or tweeted.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 2:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Rudolph W. Giuliani, a former top federal prosecutor, New York City mayor and lawyer to a president, had his law license suspended after a New York court ruled on Thursday that he made “demonstrably false and misleading statements” while fighting the results of the 2020 election on behalf of Donald J. Trump.

The move was a humbling blow to a man who was once known as a law-and-order crusader and whose political ambitions and creative courtroom tactics against mob bosses turned him into a fixture on national television.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/nyre ... trump.html

The NY court is also sending a message to the 74 million idiots who pretended not to notice they were voting for a liar to lead their country. You have to excuse me when republicans claim they are true patriots when they are willing to put their country at risk because they hate the left,

Giuliani humbled??????

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 3:25 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Giuliani humbled??????
If Trump's own "Mini-Me" can be humbled, then there is hope for humbling Trump himself.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 4:30 pm

Giuliani, for some unknown reason, fell under the influence of Trump.

He was a brilliant prosecutor in the 1980s. He was sort of an indifferent, vengeful sort of Mayor in the 90s and early 2000s. Nowadays, he appears like he is off his rocker.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 9:48 pm

Can’t anybody put him away already? He needs a straight jacket.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 10:21 pm

At least some New Yorkers understood Giuliani was terrible back in '99.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う