George Floyd Statues Vandilized in Brooklyn, Newark

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 1:11 am

auntblabby wrote:
yeh, those bipartisan types are like soft pet dogs that meet up with wolves, not realizing they are on the wolf's menu.

:lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 1:12 am

those naive bipartisans are our neville chamberlains who believe in "peace with the right in our time." they're killin' us!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 1:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
those naive bipartisans are our neville chamberlains who believe in "peace with the right in our time." they're killin' us!

Yes I think its called having no spine.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 1:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes I think its called having no spine.

or the 3 pounds of wetware on the top of the spine.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 9:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
amuuurican right wingers seem to think they can fool the rest of the world into believing their own right-wing propaganda.

It's interesting that two of the most evil racists (the Nazis and white South African government) learned how to treat jews and blacks in their country by observing the United States.

The US were trailblazers when it came to genocide, scientific racism and segregation. They made it into both a science and an art.

Not familiar with the South Africans, I have to research that.

The Nazis felt they could go much further then the Americans which says something, I am not exactly sure what.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 9:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
No I mean what I said. Racism is not peculiar to the United States or to white people. It is part of human nature. The US has done much to try to compensate for that.
But hating America is incredibly popular these days.

America does have a peculiar treatment of 15% of its population where they were subject to 300 years of slavery/bondage followed by 100 years of segregation.

No other country in the world (even South Africa which is often cited as the most racist place in the world) has ever done that to one group of people.

Do you honestly think the legacy of that type/level of racism can be forgotten overnight? do you honestly (in you heart of hearts) think white americans embrace black people with open arms? you must be dreaming.

False.
Not all of the ancestors of the entire black population of the United States were slaves.
Not all blacks in the US were slaves in the antebellum era. Some were even slave-owners themselves.
Many more blacks than were slaves have immigrated to the United States since emancipation.
The United States fought a war to free slaves and end slavery.
The United States has legislation to ensure equal rights of persons of every color.
Like I said; Hating America is very fashionable nowadays, people don't want to look at the facts they just want to look cool to their leftist Karens.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 2:21 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
amuuurican right wingers seem to think they can fool the rest of the world into believing their own right-wing propaganda.

It's interesting that two of the most evil racists (the Nazis and white South African government) learned how to treat jews and blacks in their country by observing the United States.

The US were trailblazers when it came to genocide, scientific racism and segregation. They made it into both a science and an art.

Not familiar with the South Africans, I have to research that.

The Nazis felt they could go much further then the Americans which says something, I am not exactly sure what.

The eugenics movement founded and popularised in the US influenced early Nazism. But it was in fact, the British, led by Irish-born Field Marshal Lord Kitchener, who made concentration camps bywords for suffering and disease. The camp system was first copied by the Ottomans in their genocide of armenians and then the Nazis.

Jim Crow type laws used against blacks were applied against Jews.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 2:31 am

and the poor Spaniards targeted by the Franco people, their only sins were in not being financially talented [and unwilling to be put-upon slaves forever], so they were locked up, systematically starved and/or outright exterminated.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 2:31 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
No I mean what I said. Racism is not peculiar to the United States or to white people. It is part of human nature. The US has done much to try to compensate for that.

America does have a peculiar treatment of 15% of its population where they were subject to 300 years of slavery/bondage followed by 100 years of segregation.

No other country in the world (even South Africa which is often cited as the most racist place in the world) has ever done that to one group of people.

Do you honestly think the legacy of that type/level of racism can be forgotten overnight? do you honestly (in you heart of hearts) think white americans embrace black people with open arms? you must be dreaming.

False.
Not all of the ancestors of the entire black population of the United States were slaves.
Not all blacks in the US were slaves in the antebellum era. Some were even slave-owners themselves.
Many more blacks than were slaves have immigrated to the United States since emancipation.
The United States has legislation to ensure equal rights of persons of every color.
Like I said; Hating America is very fashionable nowadays, people don't want to look at the facts they just want to look cool to their leftist Karens.

I mean seriously?? you are dragging outliers in the first three dot points to bolster your claims.

The US was forced to legislate in the 1960s because it was a bit little embarrassing when they accused the Soviet Union of depriving their citizens of individual freedoms that they themselves were treating 15% of their population as sub-humans over the past 400 years.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 2:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
and the poor Spaniards targeted by the Franco people, their only sins were in not being financially talented [and unwilling to be put-upon slaves forever], so they were locked up, systematically starved and/or outright exterminated.

Pinochet and Peron carried on that wonderful tradition started by Franco in Chile and Argentina.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 2:34 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Pinochet and Peron carried that wonderful tradition started by Franco in Chile and Argentina.

which our right wing was behind, and which our right wing would institute here if only they could, and they're getting closer and closer to that goal.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 2:38 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Pinochet and Peron carried that wonderful tradition started by Franco in Chile and Argentina.

which our right wing was behind, and which our right wing would institute here if only they could, and they're getting closer and closer to that goal.

Yes who could forget good old Ollie North.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 2:42 am

that full-of-himself psalm-singin' hypocrite.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 12:42 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

False.

I mean seriously?? you are dragging outliers in the first three dot points to bolster your claims.

The US was forced to legislate in the 1960s because it was a bit little embarrassing when they accused the Soviet Union of depriving their citizens of individual freedoms that they themselves were treating 15% of their population as sub-humans over the past 400 years.

That is ridiculous. The Civil Rights Act was not passed to keep up with the Soviets.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 6:10 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
That is ridiculous. The Civil Rights Act was not passed to keep up with the Soviets.

There was pressure from the UN where former colonial states were asking the US why they should join their alliance in their cold war against the Soviets when;
1) The US had racist immigration laws that prevented people in member states from becoming naturalised US citizens
2) The US maintained Jim Crow laws that perpetuated an unequal segregation which was hypocritical for a so-called bastion of democracy

The above were significant reasons why many developing member countries in the UN chose to be non-aligned during the cold war as America was simply viewed as another neo-colonial state.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 10:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes who could forget good old Ollie North.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!