Got a diploma for Executive Secretary

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2021, 2:19 am

I haven't been for a long while, but now I had a signficant success. I have a diploma from the course Executive Secretary. I got this at 13th of February this year, but after that I haven't been on this forum anymore.

The course consists of 4 exams and a Final Assignment. Three of those exams consist of multiple choice questions with 3 possible answers. One of them consists of open questions where you must type answers or correct given texts with errors. All of the exams are digital.

The easiest exam for me is Business Correspondence. The hardest exam (that I failed twice) is Management and Organisation. This is not only the hardest, but also the most interesting.

Now I am trying to find a job, although it is unusual that a man wants to be an Executive Secretary, because usually it is a typical femal job: 99 % of the Executive Secretaries are women, just 1 % of them is men.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 2:25 am

congratulations

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 2:42 am

What country are you from? What is an executive secretary and what do they do? Where do they work?

Lady Strange
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jul 2021, 9:34 pm

Congratulations on your accomplishment, that sounds like it took a lot of work to get. Best of luck in getting a good job with good people to work with!

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Aug 2021, 3:44 pm

starkid wrote:
congratulations

Thanks!

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Aug 2021, 3:52 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
What country are you from? What is an executive secretary and what do they do? Where do they work?

I am from the Netherlands. An executive secretary gives support to a manager or to an organization. The most important tasks he/she has is: making a report of meetings, managing a calendar of managers, aranging meetings, reports them. He arranges incoming and sent mails, letters. He arranges business lunches, dinners, arranging hotels, flying tickets when there are meetings abroad. He is extremely good in Dutch, sometimes in English, German and/or French (listed from most important to less important). He has a good knowledge about Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook. Those office applications should no longer have secrets for the secretary. I think, I love things like that.

An executive secretary works in many types of companies. I prefer to work as a secretary at school, because I have done a lot of administrative work at school, but there are also other possible interests: a computer company, a hotel a travel organisation. In case of a hotel or travel organisation, this is close to my hobbies: I like traveling and I may be interested in hotel management.

An executive secretary is a female job, at least in the Netherlands. 99 % of secretaries are women, 1 % are men. It doesn't mean I could not do it, because I am a man, not a woman. But it may be unusual that a man is interested in a job like this.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Aug 2021, 2:37 am

Lady Strange wrote:
Congratulations on your accomplishment, that sounds like it took a lot of work to get. Best of luck in getting a good job with good people to work with!

Some parts of the course was tough (management and organisation) but other parts are very easy (business correspondence). I could have done it in one year, but it took a bit longer, also because of an issue I had in december 2019 and the corona pandemic which slowed a few things down.

But I managed to do it. Although most of the executive secretaries are women, it was an awesome course. Management and organisation is the toughest part, but also the most interesting part. It was a high level course, almost at college or university level.

I hope to find a job, but I won't mention that autism thing. That and its stigma caused me a lot of frustration, and it won't help me any further. It is about my skills and positive traits, not about autism, disability, and that stuff. It blocks me from progressing. I am someone that likes to make progresses, even to an extreme level, that even NT's daren't try or do.