26 Jun 2021, 4:55 pm

Who pays the bills?

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2021, 5:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
She’s stole from you?

My mom thinks she stole 500 dollars of graduation money from me when we first started dating, but I’m not sure if that’s true. My money was stolen nonetheless, and it was only family, close friends, and her. I still don’t know who did it. What I was mentioning mainly was when we first got together she had a habit of stealing from department stores.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2021, 5:35 pm

You could always come up with a payment system where you both pay in equally but then get paid based on what gets done. Make up a list of chores that need done and give them a price, add 'em up and split the total cost. As things get accomplished they get checked off and the person who did it takes their fee.

If one person is doing way more cleaning they'll take most of the pot every week.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2021, 2:39 pm

If your gf wants to do it, then pay her. I pay my wife over $30k a year to keep my house clean. #nofreeloaders #noparasites

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Jun 2021, 11:57 am

Brainiac42 wrote:
I appreciate all of the advice everyone. I decided that I am going to try and make time to clean around the house. I told her that I did not want to pay her, as I don’t want her to be a maid, and that I will start helping more. I took badRobot’s advice of her not meaning it literally. I still am not sure if she meant it literally or not... but she seemed happy with that response.

Sometimes she is very money oriented, and has a habit or theft and stealing in the past, and with what IsabellaLinton has said about her past relationships, I am thinking about things a little differently now. Not her, because I trust her and I’ve been with her for almost 7 years.. but I am now trying to be more aware or certain behaviors of hers when it comes to money.
I like this plan. Helping out more but being careful/watchful is the best way to play it safe.

I personally would either help out more or pay her or spend money on something for both of us that would help her out in some way. I would probably chose one or more of those options even if I was the only one going to work. I would be happy to have somebody to come home to & spend time with even if others would feel she wasn't pulling her weight financially or with stuff around the house. Just having someone in my corner & some support & affection at home could make working a sh!tty job much easier to deal with. As the saying goes~ "Happy wife, happy life"
I just had a thought that doing chores together might could make things much easier for both of you. Seeing each other doing some work while you are is much less likely to fuel resentment. Plus you'd both be spending time together & you two can talk & listen to music or something while doing the chores to make things more fun & seem less like work.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition