Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Fnord wrote:
With all of these technological wonders of modern warfare, nothing beats a single, well-planned assassination for changing the course of history.  Assassination is one of the oldest tools of power politics.  It dates back at least as far as recorded history, and is still in use today; from gangland drive-by shootings to the disappearances of highly-place North Korean officials.
The problem is that sometimes someone gets killed and it is often a countries leader.
As I said, nothing beats a single, well-planned assassination for changing the course of history.

That does not change the course of a countries history. That changes the course of a countries future. I don't know how one can change the course of a countries history though it has been tried.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 27 Jul 2021, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:23 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
The problem is that sometimes someone gets killed and it is often a countries leader.

It's not a very effective assassination without those two things being true, now is it? :chin:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:25 pm

I do get the point though. Dead people are not usually very good as leaders. :D

I apologize for my funny humour.