Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SandWitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jun 2021, 1:42 am

I began on Wednesday with my first shot of estrogen and have been taking my testosterone blockers every day since, and it's been going quite well, so far.

My mind feels clearer and my asexuality is in full force. I have experienced a difference in my demisexual attraction, when it arises; it's a different feeling with estrogen compared to testosterone fueled arousal. I really enjoy the "pureness" of it.. it's a whole body sensation and different mentality of "romance" and "awe" compared to pure lust on testosterone that I can't explain.

I'm also less easier to piss off and I think before I act on feelings (for the most part, I think).. I feel "lighter"..

That what I can report on changes, so far. I do worry about blood clots, but everything has it's risk. Not transitioning also has it's risks and suicide is not on my to-do list.

I'm excited for this new chapter in my life, no matter how secret I must be about it.. it takes about a year to see any pyshical results, so I can mentally prepare for my "coming out" to my family and friends.

Time to prepare for the loss off many, but hopeful the ones that count will stay by my side, no matter what.

Tomgirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jun 2021, 5:59 am

If your estrogen is bioidentical estradiol taken in a transdermal way, there is no increased risk of blood clot. Just stay aware that any testosterone blocker have its own adverse effects.

SandWitch

26 Jun 2021, 1:02 pm

Tomgirl wrote:
If your estrogen is bioidentical estradiol taken in a transdermal way, there is no increased risk of blood clot. Just stay aware that any testosterone blocker have its own adverse effects.

Unfortunately, my insurance only covers intramuscular injections of estrogen (not sure if it's bioidentical, I'd assume it would be).

And thanks for the input :)

The testosterone blockers I take have MANY side effects along with the estradiol injections.

I read thoroughly and signed informed consent forms, with all of the scary details.