Does anyone around here like The Hu?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2021, 3:14 am

They are a great Mongolian band who have incorporated some more traditional Mongolian sort of music into rock kind of music and well it works really well.

I was listening to these guys when they only had two songs put out on youtube, and I thought it was great and hoped it would grow...well seems like it did. These guys have even gone on concert tours now, which I would absolutely love to go to a concert of these guys. But yeah they started out with just a couple music videos they put out on youtube....which I saw quite a while ago. So Idk it was even a suprise to me when they got bigger, cause I thought they were awesome but I wasn't sure if they would actually catch on as in people getting into their music but people did and they are at least quite popular amoung people who listen to metal at least. But I mean they aren't 'metal' per say, its really just good music like I don't think one would have to be a metal fan to enjoy it per say.

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2021, 3:38 am

Just listened to Yule Yuve Yu. I think it may be stuck in my head at random times for the rest of my life now.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2021, 3:45 am

Brainiac42 wrote:
Just listened to Yule Yuve Yu. I think it may be stuck in my head at random times for the rest of my life now.

I mean that is the idea, I'd like to get that song stuck in my head to such an extreme that if people were saying BS or trying to bully me I'd just have that song going on in my head and would not give a crap It would be like well 'oh yea well yule yuve Yu to you." Lol also I got slightly drunk so I asked my family over text of what they all think of The Hu, not sure I would have bothered with all that if I hadn't been drinking a little, but either way I guess all I can do now is wait and see if any of them listen to The Hu and see if they are willing to say what they think about them. I know my one brother, likes them well enough because me and him have listened to them together, but not sure what the rest of my family members would think about their music but I wanted to know.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2021, 4:15 am

Not that it matters but I posted some video clips of the Hu on the "metal thread" a few weeks ago.

Wolf totem pays homage to the pre-battle chants from Genghis Khan's warbands.

You might like New Zealand Moari thrash metal band "Alien Weaponry". They also did a tribal war song called "Kai Tanga"
Kick's ass....

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 7:01 pm

I do like a few songs from this band. The Gereg for example. There is a song with Papa Roach's singer as well. I'm not sure what the introduction to the band was for me, I mean, it was another nice song and video but I forgot the title.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 8:55 pm

Haven't listened to very much but I like what I've heard. I like throat singing in general.