4 Catholic Churches burned down (so far!) in BC

Page 10 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 12:48 am

Lightning can do some strange stuff.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... burns-down

When it starts lightning around here I come inside.It can do some serious damage.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 12:50 am

Misslizard wrote:

When it starts lightning around here I come inside.It can do some serious damage.

When I was in about grade 7 a lightning strike caused a massive tree in this one girl's yard to explode while we were parked one stop from her house. One minute it was a tree, the next it was debris.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 1:03 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

When I was in about grade 7 a lightning strike caused a massive tree in this one girl's yard to explode while we were parked one stop from her house. One minute it was a tree, the next it was debris.

It struck the corner of the roof on the house next to my Aunt and Uncles, there was a huge boom and the house was on fire.It’s not unusual for livestock to get killed under trees.They say the meat is no good, that it will be too tough to eat.
Sometimes it rattles the windows here.
An old timer told me about seeing ball lightning,not sure if I want to,

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 2:32 am

My late aunt was chased by ball lightning in her home

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 8:03 am

cyberdad wrote:

That would be terrifying.

Demonique
Raven
Raven

11 Jul 2021, 8:57 am

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The people that attend those churches today didn’t commit the crimes.
Churches used to burn across the South.
It’s never a good thing.
What if homeless were sheltering inside?
What if they caught other structures on fire?
Go after the church another way, financially.That would hurt them more.

There's a big difference between when churches burned in the south and this.
For starters, those were black churches being burned by white supremacist terrorists.

This is people within a community turning on their own churches due to rage over the abuse those churches either inflicted or enabled or turned a blind eye to.
Please don't impose flawed analogies on this situation because the comparison is misinformed.

When buildings burn people die inside.Is that ok with you?Arson is never the answer and it’s still fueled by hate.It’s also stupid to set fires right now, they could burn down a whole community.
So would it be ok to drag the priest out and murder him even though he wasn’t around when it happened?
Was it ok to burn mosques after 9/11?
Is it ok to torch a synagogue because you think Jews control the world finances?
I suffered abuse at a group home when I was a teen, is it ok for me to set it on fire?
Violence is never the answer, taking legal action is.

Demonique
Raven
Raven

11 Jul 2021, 3:20 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\So every Catholic is bad?What about the Baptist churches, should we burn them also? Hell, let’s just burn down every institution that’s guilty of crimes and abuse.Gonna be lots of fires.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_ ... t_churches

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Does anyone actually give a damm about the first responders and and firemen that show up to fight the fires or are they just collateral damage if they get injured ?
I think forum rules don’t allow for condoning violence.

Anyone who still supported the church after the child sex abuse scandals in several countries is an as*hole

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 4:06 pm

Demonique wrote:
Anyone who still supported the church after the child sex abuse scandals in several countries is an as*hole

Those scandals aren't limited to the Catholic Church though. Would you feel the same way about any Protestant sects that have had similar scandals?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 4:31 pm

Demonique wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
/\So every Catholic is bad?What about the Baptist churches, should we burn them also? Hell, let’s just burn down every institution that’s guilty of crimes and abuse.Gonna be lots of fires.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_ ... t_churches

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Does anyone actually give a damm about the first responders and and firemen that show up to fight the fires or are they just collateral damage if they get injured ?
I think forum rules don’t allow for condoning violence.

I’m not Catholic or Christian.I don’t support any Church denomination.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 4:34 pm

Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Off topic, but it was for her. She said it kind of apparated in her house and was able to somehow move between walls. and seemed to be interested in her, following her around in the house as she ran from one room to another (according to her) Happened to her in the 1960s. She called it ball lightning, some people today might call it a glowing orb.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 4:46 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Off topic, but it was for her. She said it kind of apparated in her house and was able to somehow move between walls. and seemed to be interested in her, following her around in the house as she ran from one room to another (according to her) Happened to her in the 1960s. She called it ball lightning, some people today might call it a glowing orb.

My friend said it came down the chimney and rolled around then just vanished.No thanky.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 12:41 pm

And now this one in the city I live in:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... rning-fire

My GUESS is arson and that it’s related to all of this. That neighborhood is.. rough (but also being gentrified as a new downtown core) & has a lot of homeless drug addicted people. Wouldn’t surprise me if there are victims of residential schools amongst them and one of them decided to seek vengeance on any church building/symbol.

It’s also possible it was an accident or electrical fire etc who knows, but I doubt it seeing as so many churches have been torched lately.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 12:55 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
WTF?

A religious war breaking out within a First Nations tribe in Canada?

it happens without fail anywhere on earth when your Church makes secret racist death camps then gets called out for it.

autims in action [since I cannot speak] I was going to varg meme here then got my head together in time..

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 1:57 pm

The_Znof wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
WTF?

it happens without fail anywhere on earth when your Church makes secret racist death camps then gets called out for it.

autims in action [since I cannot speak] I was going to varg meme here then got my head together in time..

It wasn't just the Catholics. Canada encouraged their creation by several churches. Every church that operated them is guilty for their role, but so are the governments that encouraged it because their goal was to make indigenous people cease to exist in any distinct sense.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 7:33 pm

yes, the United Church was huge in this as well.

What I find strange is they start digging now, when the BS has been known for at least a decade.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 2:28 am

funeralxempire wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
WTF?

It wasn't just the Catholics. Canada encouraged their creation by several churches. Every church that operated them is guilty for their role, but so are the governments that encouraged it because their goal was to make indigenous people cease to exist in any distinct sense.

Would this contain a reasonable explanation of the subject?