Page 5 of 46 [ 725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 46  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm

:chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 10:40 am

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 12:02 am

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 8:14 am

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 8:41 pm

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 12:49 pm

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 2:56 am

desmond tutu death (90)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 4:40 pm

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DmitriNicholaev
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2021, 6:32 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

I disagree slightly with both your images. I agree that tax cuts and lobbying by the wealthy is a major problem and needs to be tackled, but to say the wealthy only hoard is wrong. they technically are the ones who create the jobs that employ millions.

Also police, for all their corruption and even brutality, do prevent crime. Their presence alone is enough to keep the gangs scared s**tless and notice how when the police decrease their presence in certain areas crime skyrocket

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 6:43 pm

DmitriNicholaev wrote:

I disagree slightly with both your images. I agree that tax cuts and lobbying by the wealthy is a major problem and needs to be tackled, but to say the wealthy only hoard is wrong. they technically are the ones who create the jobs that employ millions.

Also police, for all their corruption and even brutality, do prevent crime. Their presence alone is enough to keep the gangs scared s**tless and notice how when the police decrease their presence in certain areas crime skyrocket

'Job creators' is a cute meme but it has no relevance to real life. I'm more concerned about the wealth creator who actually perform productive labour.

As for cops, if you think organized crime is scared s**tless of them you haven't been much paying attention.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 12:38 pm

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 3:13 pm

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 3:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

My relative in the pokey is fixing to be leased out in Mississippi county.They call it work release.Soon he will be planting and picking cotton.Better than where he’s at.It’s so bad they are gambling for soap with homemade dice.It’s worth a dollar a bar.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:40 pm

And Babies

Quote:
And babies (December 26, 1969) is an iconic anti-Vietnam War poster. It is a famous example of "propaganda art" from the Vietnam War, that uses a color photograph of the My Lai Massacre taken by U.S. combat photographer Ronald L. Haeberle on March 16, 1968. It shows about a dozen dead and partly naked South Vietnamese women and babies in contorted positions stacked together on a dirt road, killed by U.S. forces. The picture is overlaid in semi-transparent blood-red lettering that asks along the top "Q. And babies?", and at the bottom answers "A. And babies." The quote is from a Mike Wallace CBS News television interview with U.S. soldier Paul Meadlo, who participated in the massacre. The lettering was sourced from The New York Times,which printed a transcript of the Meadlo interview the day after.

According to cultural historian M. Paul Holsinger, And babies was "easily the most successful poster to vent the outrage that so many felt about the conflict in Southeast Asia."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:49 pm

Suddenly I understand where Discharge got their song title from:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 10:31 pm

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う