Post an inspirational/badass scene from a movie/show

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

salad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2021, 4:34 pm

Something that will make you want to run up a mountain, or stop procrastinating and start getting stuff done.

As someone currently injured this is my most motivational video I've been watching while in recovery:

Master Oogway

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2021, 10:10 pm

salad wrote:
Something that will make you want to run up a mountain, or stop procrastinating and start getting stuff done.

As someone currently injured this is my most motivational video I've been watching while in recovery:

That's a good one! Rock Lee is the best. If we're going on anime. Luffy from one piece. Pretty much anything he does motivates me, Luffy heals my soul. And whenever he gets knocked down he always gets back up. Even when you think he shouldn't be able to stand anymore, he finds a way and finds the will to get back up and push forward.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

salad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2021, 10:29 pm

Spunge42 wrote:
salad wrote:

That's a good one! Rock Lee is the best. If we're going on anime. Luffy from one piece. Pretty much anything he does motivates me, Luffy heals my soul. And whenever he gets knocked down he always gets back up. Even when you think he shouldn't be able to stand anymore, he finds a way and finds the will to get back up and push forward.

If we're doing anime the list would never end since anime for all of its flaws is saturated with motivation that puts 99% of motivational speakers to shame. I sometimes even wonder if most of these mangaka and anime creators are themselves motivational speakers using the medium of anime as a way to inspire the youth since anime did a better job of inspiring me than 99% of all motivational speakers ever did

I may not be the biggest One Piece stan around here since im more of a Naruto guy but I will say that the protagonist Luffy has many badass moments and scenes from what my cousin, who's a huge One Piece fan, showed me. Ive never watched a single episode of One Piece (I can be really lazy when it comes to starting new anime, especially long ones like OP) but there were scenes my cousin used to watch that I would overhear that I found motivational, like this one scene that I dont remember too well but IIRC one of the character's took an entire day's worth of torture and pain in the form of a bubble to protect his captain. Stuff like that felt so hype and badass at the time first hearing it

Master Oogway

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2021, 12:09 am

salad wrote:

I may not be the biggest One Piece stan around here since im more of a Naruto guy but I will say that the protagonist Luffy has many badass moments and scenes from what my cousin, who's a huge One Piece fan, showed me. Ive never watched a single episode of One Piece (I can be really lazy when it comes to starting new anime, especially long ones like OP) but there were scenes my cousin used to watch that I would overhear that I found motivational, like this one scene that I dont remember too well but IIRC one of the character's took an entire day's worth of torture and pain in the form of a bubble to protect his captain. Stuff like that felt so hype and badass at the time first hearing it

I think you're mind reader. :lol: I almost mentioned that scene when Zoro protected Luffy. Lol. It was epic and an amazing show of loyalty and bravery. But I decided to just go for Luffy's usual behavior because even his amusing shenanigans motivate me sometimes. He's a character that truly knows how to enjoy life.

Also, I'm big fan of Naruto, he's adorable and rock Lee and Guy sensei are the most motivated characters I've ever seen!

You said you were injured, I hope you get better soon.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 12:22 am

Spunge42 wrote:
salad wrote:

I think you're mind reader. :lol: I almost mentioned that scene when Zoro protected Luffy. Lol. It was epic and an amazing show of loyalty and bravery. But I decided to just go for Luffy's usual behavior because even his amusing shenanigans motivate me sometimes. He's a character that truly knows how to enjoy life.

Also, I'm big fan of Naruto, he's adorable and rock Lee and Guy sensei are the most motivated characters I've ever seen!

You said you were injured, I hope you get better soon.

Zoro, I think that was the guy's name. It rings a bell. I just remember that the guy had green hair and took a lot of pain to protect his captain.

You're a fan of Naruto too?? Aye, I found another friend on this forum :D

I love Naruto and yes Guy and lee are insanely motivational. Like Lee I was born an underdog with genetics that can only be described as garbage: asthma, weak bones, flat feet, and a weak body. I used to train relentlessly every single day while watching Naruto episodes of Lee training just to keep me driven to train harder and longer. Heck im heading to the gym after this post for a 1.5 hour workout on the bike machine where yes I will be watching scenes of Rock Lee training on my phone while biking

Also like Rock Lee we both suffered injuries that were told by doctors to end our ability to ever be a shinobi/Martial artist.

Watching scenes like this while in rehab used to make me cry so much because of how much it resonated with me:

Master Oogway

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 12:26 am

Since this is still the thread to post motivational scenes this one perfectly fits:

Master Oogway

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 12:36 am

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 11:18 am

Gets me every time.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 9:34 pm

Master Oogway

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 9:48 pm

As quoted by:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 9:54 pm

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 10:08 pm

:heart: :heart: :heart: still crying

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 10:26 pm

Best movie scene ever.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 10:34 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Best movie scene ever.

This movie scene is my life :heart: :heart:

I read the book as a kid and fell in love with this jewel. Too bad Harper Lee's caretaker s**t all over this gem when she forced convinced a dementia ridden Harper Lee to retcon everything legendary about the "To Kill a Mockingbird" with that trash fanfiction prequel "Go Set a Watchman"

Master Oogway

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 10:36 pm

I now present to you the most badass training montage in film history. Anyone who disagrees with me can fight me RIGHT NOW!!

Master Oogway

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 10:58 pm

salad wrote:

This movie scene is my life :heart: :heart:

I read the book as a kid and fell in love with this jewel. Too bad Harper Lee's caretaker s**t all over this gem when she forced convinced a dementia ridden Harper Lee to retcon everything legendary about the "To Kill a Mockingbird" with that trash fanfiction prequel "Go Set a Watchman"

Agreed, sadly.

I was going to boycott the book out of respect to Ms Lee, but I couldn't contain my curiosity.

Epic fail.