Was it destined for the white race to rule the world?

Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

salad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,226

29 Jun 2021, 10:25 am

funeralxempire wrote:
No, it was most likely to be a group from a coastal area in Eurasia but I don't believe there's anything special about people from Western Europe, but also why should other Europeans ride on the coattails of their neighbours?


Whether we like it or not the world of strongmen, bodybuilding and especially powerlifting is heavily dominated by Europeans owing to superior physical strength. Robert Oberst, Eddie Hall, Hafthor Bjornson, Grizzly Kariokos, several Lithuanian and Russian powerlifters I forgot their names, Lillybridge, etc are all white and there's a reason why.


_________________
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."

Master Oogway


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,412
Location: I'm right here

29 Jun 2021, 10:27 am

salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
No, it was most likely to be a group from a coastal area in Eurasia but I don't believe there's anything special about people from Western Europe, but also why should other Europeans ride on the coattails of their neighbours?


Whether we like it or not the world of strongmen, bodybuilding and especially powerlifting is heavily dominated by Europeans owing to superior physical strength. Robert Oberst, Eddie Hall, Hafthor Bjornson, Grizzly Kariokos, several Lithuanian and Russian powerlifters I forgot their names, Lillybridge, etc are all white and there's a reason why.


I fail to see what that's supposed to prove, except for maybe that those sports are popular there.


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


salad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,226

29 Jun 2021, 10:36 am

funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
No, it was most likely to be a group from a coastal area in Eurasia but I don't believe there's anything special about people from Western Europe, but also why should other Europeans ride on the coattails of their neighbours?


Whether we like it or not the world of strongmen, bodybuilding and especially powerlifting is heavily dominated by Europeans owing to superior physical strength. Robert Oberst, Eddie Hall, Hafthor Bjornson, Grizzly Kariokos, several Lithuanian and Russian powerlifters I forgot their names, Lillybridge, etc are all white and there's a reason why.


I fail to see what that's supposed to prove, except for maybe that those sports are popular there.


I've been weight lifting since I was 12 and have frequented many gyms in my lifetime, from Arnold Powerlifting Gym, Gold Gym, Equinox, Muscle Beach, and well known franchises such as Lifetime Fitness, LA Fitness, and gyms local and well known. In my many years of weight lifting and frequenting gyms it was understood by all gym goers that the group that had the best physical stats were the white lifters with some black lifters in that pool too, but predominantly white lifters were the strongest

Historically the superior strength of the whites was something noticed by many groups. A famous Muslim historian of the Crusades, I forgot his name but I remember him explicitly mentioning how the Crusaders were massively built and tenacious fighters, and this description btw was made by a Muslim historian with a history of hating the Crusaders. Roman sources talked about the massive size and strength of Germanic tribes they fought, and the fact that when the Europeans colonized the world they generally referred to their subjects as being small , short, weak kind of reinforces the point

Even my grandfather, a Palestinian nationalistic professor used to rant to me about how broken the Crusaders' superior physical genetics made them unfairly OP fighting the Muslim knights


_________________
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."

Master Oogway


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,412
Location: I'm right here

29 Jun 2021, 10:43 am

salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
No, it was most likely to be a group from a coastal area in Eurasia but I don't believe there's anything special about people from Western Europe, but also why should other Europeans ride on the coattails of their neighbours?


Whether we like it or not the world of strongmen, bodybuilding and especially powerlifting is heavily dominated by Europeans owing to superior physical strength. Robert Oberst, Eddie Hall, Hafthor Bjornson, Grizzly Kariokos, several Lithuanian and Russian powerlifters I forgot their names, Lillybridge, etc are all white and there's a reason why.


I fail to see what that's supposed to prove, except for maybe that those sports are popular there.


I've been weight lifting since I was 12 and have frequented many gyms in my lifetime, from Arnold Powerlifting Gym, Gold Gym, Equinox, Muscle Beach, and well known franchises such as Lifetime Fitness, LA Fitness, and gyms local and well known. In my many years of weight lifting and frequenting gyms it was understood by all gym goers that the group that had the best physical stats were the white lifters with some black lifters in that pool too, but predominantly white lifters were the strongest

Historically the superior strength of the whites was something noticed by many groups. A famous Muslim historian of the Crusades, I forgot his name but I remember him explicitly mentioning how the Crusaders were massively built and tenacious fighters, and this description btw was made by a Muslim historian with a history of hating the Crusaders. Roman sources talked about the massive size and strength of Germanic tribes they fought, and the fact that when the Europeans colonized the world they generally referred to their subjects as being small , short, weak kind of reinforces the point

Even my grandfather, a Palestinian nationalistic professor used to rant to me about how broken the Crusaders' superior physical genetics made them unfairly OP fighting the Muslim knights


If physical size was the relevant factor why wasn't it Dutch and Danes and Serbians and Croats taking over the world? Are the French, English or Spanish known for being large relative to other Europeans?


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,450
Location: Keshron, Super-Zakhyria

29 Jun 2021, 10:52 am

It may be true what you say about muscle mass and power but generally speaking, blacks have better running genes than whites and amazingly speedy middle and long distance athletes. Take Usain Bolt on a track, or someone like Eliud Kipchoge over the marathon distance. So it evens out. All folks have their stronger and weaker points. Of course, being physically strong or fast doesn't have much to do with "ruling the world" but more with sports. It's not always the physically fit or strong, who often are merely there to act as dogsbodies for those whose strength is under their hair, who rule the coop!


_________________
Why is a trailer behind a car but ahead of a movie?


my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,900
Location: temperate zone

29 Jun 2021, 11:01 am

salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
No, it was most likely to be a group from a coastal area in Eurasia but I don't believe there's anything special about people from Western Europe, but also why should other Europeans ride on the coattails of their neighbours?


Whether we like it or not the world of strongmen, bodybuilding and especially powerlifting is heavily dominated by Europeans owing to superior physical strength. Robert Oberst, Eddie Hall, Hafthor Bjornson, Grizzly Kariokos, several Lithuanian and Russian powerlifters I forgot their names, Lillybridge, etc are all white and there's a reason why.


I fail to see what that's supposed to prove, except for maybe that those sports are popular there.


I've been weight lifting since I was 12 and have frequented many gyms in my lifetime, from Arnold Powerlifting Gym, Gold Gym, Equinox, Muscle Beach, and well known franchises such as Lifetime Fitness, LA Fitness, and gyms local and well known. In my many years of weight lifting and frequenting gyms it was understood by all gym goers that the group that had the best physical stats were the white lifters with some black lifters in that pool too, but predominantly white lifters were the strongest

Historically the superior strength of the whites was something noticed by many groups. A famous Muslim historian of the Crusades, I forgot his name but I remember him explicitly mentioning how the Crusaders were massively built and tenacious fighters, and this description btw was made by a Muslim historian with a history of hating the Crusaders. Roman sources talked about the massive size and strength of Germanic tribes they fought, and the fact that when the Europeans colonized the world they generally referred to their subjects as being small , short, weak kind of reinforces the point

Even my grandfather, a Palestinian nationalistic professor used to rant to me about how broken the Crusaders' superior physical genetics made them unfairly OP fighting the Muslim knights


8O If you say so.

In the long run the Crusaders got kicked out of the Holy Land and lost.

But to me the existence of the modern Black population of north and south America, and the Caribbean disproves your point.

That population is descended from African slaves brought over by the European colonizers of the New World.

The first thing (after fruitlessly looking for gold) that the Spanish and Portugese did after Columbus discovered the place -was to set up sugarcane plantations in the tropics of the Americas. The local Indians they had conquered were useless when enslaved because they all just died like flies on these plantations, and White European indentured servants ( kind of temporary slaves) couldnt survive the work either. But Africans turned out to be perfect. They survived both the middle passage from Africa, and did fine as sugarcane slaves, and later on as rice, tobacco, and cotton picking slaves as well. And they made good brawny beasts of burden as well. Survived the lash.

The descendants of these folks, brought over to do work that killed off folks of every other color and geographic origin, are still alive and kicking here in the Americas.

So....by your logic Black Africans are the biggest and baddest race, and would thus be destined to be the master race.



browneyedgirlslowingdown
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Joined: 2 May 2021
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 191

29 Jun 2021, 11:19 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
browneyedgirlslowingdown wrote:
Whiteness is a social construct, it's not real.
Since when is the color of my skin not real?

Race is not a social construct. "Race" is to "People" as "Breed" is to "Cat". "Race" is genetic.


Whiteness isn't describing being pale, it's describing the social construct of being viewed as a white person.


This. Thanks for explaining it funeralxempire.


_________________
Diagnosed ASD 5/17/21
AQ 40/50
Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 153 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52


browneyedgirlslowingdown
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Joined: 2 May 2021
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 191

29 Jun 2021, 11:21 am

Fnord wrote:
browneyedgirlslowingdown wrote:
Whiteness is a social construct, it's not real.
Since when is the color of my skin not real?

Race is not a social construct. "Race" is to "People" as "Breed" is to "Cat". "Race" is genetic.


Race is a social construct. It's not real. Sorry. We will have to agree to disagree.


_________________
Diagnosed ASD 5/17/21
AQ 40/50
Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 153 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52


salad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,226

29 Jun 2021, 11:25 am

naturalplastic wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
No, it was most likely to be a group from a coastal area in Eurasia but I don't believe there's anything special about people from Western Europe, but also why should other Europeans ride on the coattails of their neighbours?


Whether we like it or not the world of strongmen, bodybuilding and especially powerlifting is heavily dominated by Europeans owing to superior physical strength. Robert Oberst, Eddie Hall, Hafthor Bjornson, Grizzly Kariokos, several Lithuanian and Russian powerlifters I forgot their names, Lillybridge, etc are all white and there's a reason why.


I fail to see what that's supposed to prove, except for maybe that those sports are popular there.


I've been weight lifting since I was 12 and have frequented many gyms in my lifetime, from Arnold Powerlifting Gym, Gold Gym, Equinox, Muscle Beach, and well known franchises such as Lifetime Fitness, LA Fitness, and gyms local and well known. In my many years of weight lifting and frequenting gyms it was understood by all gym goers that the group that had the best physical stats were the white lifters with some black lifters in that pool too, but predominantly white lifters were the strongest

Historically the superior strength of the whites was something noticed by many groups. A famous Muslim historian of the Crusades, I forgot his name but I remember him explicitly mentioning how the Crusaders were massively built and tenacious fighters, and this description btw was made by a Muslim historian with a history of hating the Crusaders. Roman sources talked about the massive size and strength of Germanic tribes they fought, and the fact that when the Europeans colonized the world they generally referred to their subjects as being small , short, weak kind of reinforces the point

Even my grandfather, a Palestinian nationalistic professor used to rant to me about how broken the Crusaders' superior physical genetics made them unfairly OP fighting the Muslim knights


8O If you say so.

In the long run the Crusaders got kicked out of the Holy Land and lost.

But to me the existence of the modern Black population of north and south America, and the Caribbean disproves your point.

That population is descended from African slaves brought over by the European colonizers of the New World.

The first thing (after fruitlessly looking for gold) that the Spanish and Portugese did after Columbus discovered the place -was to set up sugarcane plantations in the tropics of the Americas. The local Indians they had conquered were useless when enslaved because they all just died like flies on these plantations, and White European indentured servants ( kind of temporary slaves) couldnt survive the work either. But Africans turned out to be perfect. They survived both the middle passage from Africa, and did fine as sugarcane slaves, and later on as rice, tobacco, and cotton picking slaves as well. And they made good brawny beasts of burden as well. Survived the lash.

The descendants of these folks, brought over to do work that killed off folks of every other color and geographic origin, are still alive and kicking here in the Americas.

So....by your logic Black Africans are the biggest and baddest race, and would thus be destined to be the master race.


The Crusaders got kicked out of the Holy Land for plethoras of reasons none of which diminishes my thesis of physical superiority of European fighters over non-European fighters being a major advantage. For starters the internal division among the European Crusaders. For another reason the Europeans had a massive disadvantage terrain wise since these men who originated from colder climates were fighting in scorching deserts where the worn plate armor of the Europeans was terrible for this climate, a fact that Saladin exploited to his advantage when he forced the Crusaders into an open battle in the July desert heat at Hattin. Also the Europeans were vastly inferior to the Muslims in medical knowledge, something really keystone to the military success of an army in the 12th century when plague was rampant, which is why one of the reasons the Christians had to sign a truce ending the 3rd Crusade was due to Richard the Lionheart growing ill

Having Africans farm the land meant that they could adapt to that kind of climate. The natives were dropping like flies because of European diseases, something Africans would have had more immunity to since these diseases were common in the "Old World".


_________________
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."

Master Oogway


2007kid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 35
Location: United States

29 Jun 2021, 11:33 am

This would directly tie into religion, since "destiny" and "fate" are two different ideas. They both tell of the future, but destiny is predestined, meaning some sort of spiritual being is around to make sure that it happens according to Their plan.



salad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,226

29 Jun 2021, 11:40 am

funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
No, it was most likely to be a group from a coastal area in Eurasia but I don't believe there's anything special about people from Western Europe, but also why should other Europeans ride on the coattails of their neighbours?


Whether we like it or not the world of strongmen, bodybuilding and especially powerlifting is heavily dominated by Europeans owing to superior physical strength. Robert Oberst, Eddie Hall, Hafthor Bjornson, Grizzly Kariokos, several Lithuanian and Russian powerlifters I forgot their names, Lillybridge, etc are all white and there's a reason why.


I fail to see what that's supposed to prove, except for maybe that those sports are popular there.


I've been weight lifting since I was 12 and have frequented many gyms in my lifetime, from Arnold Powerlifting Gym, Gold Gym, Equinox, Muscle Beach, and well known franchises such as Lifetime Fitness, LA Fitness, and gyms local and well known. In my many years of weight lifting and frequenting gyms it was understood by all gym goers that the group that had the best physical stats were the white lifters with some black lifters in that pool too, but predominantly white lifters were the strongest

Historically the superior strength of the whites was something noticed by many groups. A famous Muslim historian of the Crusades, I forgot his name but I remember him explicitly mentioning how the Crusaders were massively built and tenacious fighters, and this description btw was made by a Muslim historian with a history of hating the Crusaders. Roman sources talked about the massive size and strength of Germanic tribes they fought, and the fact that when the Europeans colonized the world they generally referred to their subjects as being small , short, weak kind of reinforces the point

Even my grandfather, a Palestinian nationalistic professor used to rant to me about how broken the Crusaders' superior physical genetics made them unfairly OP fighting the Muslim knights


If physical size was the relevant factor why wasn't it Dutch and Danes and Serbians and Croats taking over the world? Are the French, English or Spanish known for being large relative to other Europeans?


The Dutch actually were an imperial power, see their colonies in Indonesia.

While physical strength is definitely necessary for imperial expansion in the age of melee weapons it isnt sufficient. Internal unification, efficient government, military superiority, technological advancements, great strategies and geographic borders that favor defense and offense are also important. I posit that when controlled for all the other factors which many nations have enjoyed success in, the physical advantage of the North Europeans which they have a monopoly on was what gave them an edge over their opponents

The Serbians were terrifyingly great fighters, like super badass, and they actually held off the Ottomans for a long ass time. In fact in 1 battle the Serbians kicked so much ass they even charged the Ottoman front, smashed it, advanced up to the Sultan's tent, and some say they even killed him despite being heavily guarded. However the Serbians had several issues holding them from being imperial powers:

For starters no matter how strong they were physically they were still going up against an already established and militaristic juggernaut in the form of the Ottoman Empire, that heavily outnumbered them

It's worth pointing out that the Serbians actually did in a sense have imperial power visa vis the Jainessaires. Remember, the Ottomans had a nasty habit of enslaving Christian's and forcing their sons to become Muslim and serve as elite special force fighters in the Ottoman Jainessaries. So when the Ottomans were expanding they had most if not all of their military success come from the Jainessaries who themselves comprised Balkan soldiers, such as the Serbs

Not only that but Serbia at one point was even a Vassal State of the Ottomans and helped them during their expansion. When the Ottomans went to war against the Timurids under Timur the Lane you know who did the most damage against the Timurids in that battle? The Serbian knights who were described as "fighting like lions"

Also Serbia is landlocked, and considering they were landlocked amongst other equally badass European nations such as Croatia imperial expansion isnt as likely

France, Spain and England had the entire Atlantic Ocean as a buffer so they weren't landlocked. England went a step further with the English Channel guarding their south. And with the era of absolute divine rights of Kings in all 3 countries the sort of internal unification and proto-Nationalism to embark upon national conquest was there. Add in the right naval technology to cross such a buffer all the pieces were put in place for a much stronger people to expand and conquer


_________________
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."

Master Oogway


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,644
Location: Stendec

29 Jun 2021, 11:55 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
browneyedgirlslowingdown wrote:
Whiteness is a social construct, it's not real.
Since when is the color of my skin not real?  Race is not a social construct. "Race" is to "People" as "Breed" is to "Cat". "Race" is genetic.
Whiteness isn't describing being pale, it's describing the social construct of being viewed as a white person.
And the difference is ... ?


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,948

29 Jun 2021, 12:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
browneyedgirlslowingdown wrote:
Whiteness is a social construct, it's not real.
Since when is the color of my skin not real?  Race is not a social construct. "Race" is to "People" as "Breed" is to "Cat". "Race" is genetic.
Whiteness isn't describing being pale, it's describing the social construct of being viewed as a white person.
And the difference is ... ?





Perhaps Better Put, What is 'Human';

Whatever Happened to Research

And Links Around 'Here' [/Sarcasm]

Race is a Social Construct;

Often Ignorant of Facts,

And Dangerous to

Humans As A Social
Construct of Systematic Racism;

Yet Biology Does not Support

The Myth That Race Is Genetic at Core;

Blah, Blah, Blah; Epigenetic in Effect it's

Worth Noting Again Blah, Blah, Blah, The Weakest White Dude
As A Youth Will Become The Strongest Leg Pressing
Dude in A Military Gym at age 61; Why? Cause as

Science Shows, Homo Sapiens Sapiens, Still

Has the Epigenetic Potential to Be Literally
Strong/Ger As/Than Orangutans For Those Who 'Pick Up the Ball And

'Just Do It'... Barefoot Too; Increasing Greater Balance That Way too...

Generally Speaking, Humans Are Increasingly Becoming Couch Potatoes,
Stuck to Screens, Day in Day Out Night In Night Out; Go Figure, This Strength

Thingie

Has

Gone Very
Soft For the

Human Species

Overall Globe-Wide

Or Have 'We' Noticed How

Fit All the 'White Folks' And All

The Species IS No Matter How its 'Colored'

On the Outside At Walmart Lately; We Are

A World Increasingly Out of Human Potential;

That's A Real Problem Attached to A Machine Without 'Sea Legs'...

For Stuff Like The Fastest Way to Increase Measures of Standard
IQ on A Test And Reduce The Potential of Dementia Is Strength Building Exercise....

Very Rarely on Discussion Boards Do We See Even Dudes Brave Enough to Show Their Real Face And Body...

That's Okay;

Yet Avatar

Life

Is Most Definitely

A 'Sign' of 'the Times'....

Fear, Fear, And More Asleep Weak Fear...

To Even Stand Up to Who We aRe AS Human Being...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, i Lived The Avatar Life Thingie For Several Years too online....

i Hid In my Bedroom Weak And Run Down with 19 Disorders From Stress Took

my Wife to the Walmart Place And Stayed in the Car With the AC Running Inside

Two Words, Now, At Least

i Ain't Scared;

Actually That's
One Word 'No' to Fear Now;

Yes, Strength Brings Privilege

And Free Brings Life Same As Usual...

However, We Don't Do Wars at 'This Level' Now

Anymore With Hand-to-Hand Combat; Push Button Soldiers is a New Rave Everywhere Now

And The War at Hand, is One of Basic Human Survival in ReCognition of What Human Even is Now...

In 'Trump Town USA', Huge Four Wheel Drive Exoskeletons; Soft ExtraTerrestrials, Hobbling Out of That Avatar too...

That's A Most Ironic Part Humans Are Becoming The Machines They Create ExtraTerrestrial to Even FlesH And Blood;

Yes, NDD Same As GDD, Now;
Nature Deficit Disorder/God Deficit Disorder, Now;

It's A 'Brave New World' of 'Aliens Born on Earth' With

Room Still to Become Reborn As Nature HeAR AGAiN..:)

https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/race-is-real-but-its-not-genetic



_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,412
Location: I'm right here

29 Jun 2021, 1:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
browneyedgirlslowingdown wrote:
Whiteness is a social construct, it's not real.
Since when is the color of my skin not real?  Race is not a social construct. "Race" is to "People" as "Breed" is to "Cat". "Race" is genetic.
Whiteness isn't describing being pale, it's describing the social construct of being viewed as a white person.
And the difference is ... ?


...the reason recent immigrants from Lebanon aren't typically viewed as white but Casey Kasem was.


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,412
Location: I'm right here

29 Jun 2021, 1:21 pm

salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
No, it was most likely to be a group from a coastal area in Eurasia but I don't believe there's anything special about people from Western Europe, but also why should other Europeans ride on the coattails of their neighbours?


Whether we like it or not the world of strongmen, bodybuilding and especially powerlifting is heavily dominated by Europeans owing to superior physical strength. Robert Oberst, Eddie Hall, Hafthor Bjornson, Grizzly Kariokos, several Lithuanian and Russian powerlifters I forgot their names, Lillybridge, etc are all white and there's a reason why.


I fail to see what that's supposed to prove, except for maybe that those sports are popular there.


I've been weight lifting since I was 12 and have frequented many gyms in my lifetime, from Arnold Powerlifting Gym, Gold Gym, Equinox, Muscle Beach, and well known franchises such as Lifetime Fitness, LA Fitness, and gyms local and well known. In my many years of weight lifting and frequenting gyms it was understood by all gym goers that the group that had the best physical stats were the white lifters with some black lifters in that pool too, but predominantly white lifters were the strongest

Historically the superior strength of the whites was something noticed by many groups. A famous Muslim historian of the Crusades, I forgot his name but I remember him explicitly mentioning how the Crusaders were massively built and tenacious fighters, and this description btw was made by a Muslim historian with a history of hating the Crusaders. Roman sources talked about the massive size and strength of Germanic tribes they fought, and the fact that when the Europeans colonized the world they generally referred to their subjects as being small , short, weak kind of reinforces the point

Even my grandfather, a Palestinian nationalistic professor used to rant to me about how broken the Crusaders' superior physical genetics made them unfairly OP fighting the Muslim knights


If physical size was the relevant factor why wasn't it Dutch and Danes and Serbians and Croats taking over the world? Are the French, English or Spanish known for being large relative to other Europeans?


The Dutch actually were an imperial power, see their colonies in Indonesia.

While physical strength is definitely necessary for imperial expansion in the age of melee weapons it isnt sufficient. Internal unification, efficient government, military superiority, technological advancements, great strategies and geographic borders that favor defense and offense are also important. I posit that when controlled for all the other factors which many nations have enjoyed success in, the physical advantage of the North Europeans which they have a monopoly on was what gave them an edge over their opponents

The Serbians were terrifyingly great fighters, like super badass, and they actually held off the Ottomans for a long ass time. In fact in 1 battle the Serbians kicked so much ass they even charged the Ottoman front, smashed it, advanced up to the Sultan's tent, and some say they even killed him despite being heavily guarded. However the Serbians had several issues holding them from being imperial powers:

For starters no matter how strong they were physically they were still going up against an already established and militaristic juggernaut in the form of the Ottoman Empire, that heavily outnumbered them

It's worth pointing out that the Serbians actually did in a sense have imperial power visa vis the Jainessaires. Remember, the Ottomans had a nasty habit of enslaving Christian's and forcing their sons to become Muslim and serve as elite special force fighters in the Ottoman Jainessaries. So when the Ottomans were expanding they had most if not all of their military success come from the Jainessaries who themselves comprised Balkan soldiers, such as the Serbs

Not only that but Serbia at one point was even a Vassal State of the Ottomans and helped them during their expansion. When the Ottomans went to war against the Timurids under Timur the Lane you know who did the most damage against the Timurids in that battle? The Serbian knights who were described as "fighting like lions"

Also Serbia is landlocked, and considering they were landlocked amongst other equally badass European nations such as Croatia imperial expansion isnt as likely

France, Spain and England had the entire Atlantic Ocean as a buffer so they weren't landlocked. England went a step further with the English Channel guarding their south. And with the era of absolute divine rights of Kings in all 3 countries the sort of internal unification and proto-Nationalism to embark upon national conquest was there. Add in the right naval technology to cross such a buffer all the pieces were put in place for a much stronger people to expand and conquer


I'm aware that the Dutch had an empire, but the other powers successfully took chunks of it, if the Dutch were somehow superior by virtue of being bigger they should have been able to defend it, no?

Just because reporters at the time claimed that Crusaders were bigger than the defenders doesn't make it so. Do physical remains bear this out?

Your defences of your OP have been all over the place scattershot with cherrypicked examples, making for a much broader set of poorly supported claims but not for a persuasive argument.


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,412
Location: I'm right here

29 Jun 2021, 1:30 pm

It was superior ships and guns that enabled those western powers to take over the world but there's nothing that made the development of those things inevitable in Western Europe.


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う