Question if I am stupid for being learning disabled.

Page 5 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 4:50 am

OP:

pro: You seem articulate and conscientious.

con: You believed weirdos on Discord who told you to have sex with your own mother to learn about sex, and you had to ask your father for clarification whether or not this was appropriate.

I don't think you're stupid or unintelligent; I do think you're rather naive. Work on that.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 5:02 am

I gotta admit, I think most people are stupid.
Not because they can't do math or don't know the capitals of all of the European nations.
It's the reasoning.
And the lack of taste.
To an extent it's math, if you try to resolve your economic problems by taking a SMS loan, you're stupid, but let's file that in the common sense folder.

/Mats

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 5:14 am

mohsart wrote:
...I think most people are stupid...It's the reasoning.
And the lack of taste.

Seemingly oblivious to their own hypocrisy.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 5:20 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
OP:

con: You believed weirdos on Discord who told you to have sex with your own mother to learn about sex, and you had to ask your father for clarification whether or not this was appropriate.

I don't think you're stupid or unintelligent; I do think you're rather naive. Work on that.

This.

OP is well read and articulate. He seems able to grasp pretty complex theories but has occasional issues with conveying them in writing.

The naivety is something to work on though. If I was the OP I would be focusing a lot on sorting it out. Looking for a job if possible like his parents suggested is sound advice but I would hit the sex education pretty hard too. There are a lot of people here who can help with the latter along with a lot of videos and resources online. It would be best to ask others online and do your own research on the subject before asking parents especially.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 11:30 am

Thank you!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 6:04 pm

mohsart wrote:
And the lack of taste.

Lack of taste?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 6:08 pm

I thought I was talking about my depression on my learning disorder.

TimmyTurnerFan1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2021, 9:38 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I don't know how to do basic math. Does that mean that I am stupid? I feel very depressed.

No you are not stupid! Not knowing how to do something does not make you stupid! Don't you let anyone tell you you're stupid just because you don't know sonething!

I wasn't always good in school either and Social Studies and History are my worst subjects! And to be fair, I felt stupid too or I thought I was and I listened to others who told me and boy was I wrong to do so! I also felt that way because I had trouble doing some things were good at!

I am sorry to hear you're depressed, I know that feeling too!

Sorry, this is all I have time to write.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 10:39 pm

Thank you!

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 5:17 pm

No, not in the least; as, I have had difficulties with mathematics all throughout school, so don't ever let someone make you feel a lesser person if you have problems with a subject(s)..

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 5:59 pm

Thank you!

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 10:57 pm

Off Topic
cyberdad wrote:
My daughter is a math genius but her social skills are way behind her classmates. If she had the choice she'd ditch math to be more socially acceptable.

If you have not done so already, I hope you can find her some true peers to hang out with -- other mathematically talented autistic kids -- and give them some good, challenging, interesting games to play together.

(I wish I had such a peer group when I was a kid.)

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 4:13 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
OP:

No, asked this question, because I think they are stupid. I was never tricked by them, it's just that when they gaslighted me, I felt like I was going insane. I am not in those groups anymore, it's toxic there.