Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 4:04 pm

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld dies at 88

Quote:
Donald Rumsfeld, the two-time defense secretary and one-time presidential candidate whose reputation as a skilled bureaucrat and visionary of a modern U.S. military was unraveled by the long and costly Iraq war, died Tuesday. He was 88.

Regarded by former colleagues as equally smart and combative, patriotic and politically cunning, Rumsfeld had a storied career in government under four presidents and nearly a quarter century in corporate America.

After retiring in 2008 he headed the Rumsfeld Foundation to promote public service and to work with charities that provide services and support for military families and wounded veterans.

“Rummy,” as he was often called, was ambitious, witty, energetic, engaging and capable of great personal warmth. But he irritated many with his confrontational style. An accomplished wrestler in college, Rumsfeld relished verbal sparring and elevated it to an art form; a biting humor was a favorite weapon.

Still, he built a network of loyalists who admired his work ethic, intelligence and impatience with all who failed to share his sense of urgency.

Rumsfeld is the only person to serve twice as Pentagon chief. The first time, in 1975-77, he was the youngest ever. The next time, in 2001-06, he was the oldest.

For all Rumsfeld’s achievements, it was the setbacks in Iraq in the twilight of his career that will likely etch the most vivid features of his legacy.

"As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say, we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

salad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 4:10 pm

Today is the happiest day of my life!! !

May he burn in hell being tortured in the same pit as Hitler for all the crimes he committed against the Iraqi and Afghan people. One of the most evil men in history, a war hawk that terrorized the Iraqi people, and his policies of torture led to millions of innocent people being tortured and traumatized for life in American prisons in the Middle East where people were tortured for no crimes and without any charge.

Were it not for the fact im in the hospital I would be out right now celebrating at the fanciest steakhouse now that Rumsfeld is dead. As soon as I leave the hospital im taking out every friend of mine, especially all my Iraqi friends, to celebrate at the steakhouse by my house where we will all toast on behalf of the butcher being dead

EDIT: If anyone tries criticizing me or attacking me for this comment they can shove it up their ass because I dont give a s**t who this comment triggered. Both my Quran teacher and 1st grade teacher were blown up by US troops in Iraq and you better believe im pissed off and celebrate whenever any terrorist or war criminal from the Iraq War dies. The Iraq War was a genocide to the Iraqi people, on a scale infinitely greater than what's happening even in Palestine, and to this day Iraq is unstable and destroyed by violence and terrorism thanks to the policies of Rumsfeld that turned a once prosperous land of civilization into a dystopia of war and killing.

Master Oogway

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jun 2021, 6:51 pm

Well I would criticize you but I am currently anticipating the death of a family killer myself.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 6:55 pm

TwisterUprocker wrote:
Well I would criticize you but I am currently anticipating the death of a family killer myself.

Which family killer would that be?

Master Oogway

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 7:17 pm

I believe Jay Sherman has prepared a eulogy.

Thank you, Jay.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jul 2021, 10:24 pm

salad wrote:
TwisterUprocker wrote:

Which family killer would that be?

John William Hummel

https://abc13.com/john-hummel-execution ... /10846750/

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 1:12 am

TwisterUprocker wrote:

Yikes.
He passed the psych evaluation???

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 12:29 pm

One less militarist to worry about.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 12:41 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
One less militarist to worry about.

One less militarist is like one less jelly bean in a giant pickle jar full of jelly beans.

Oscar Meyer Lansky