The fitness industry is bullshitting you: stay away!!

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 1:07 pm

Fixxer wrote:
The fitness industry is not about health, but about looks. It's about the Ego a lot of the time and people look nice on the outside, but how many issues are they creating within, for them to see once the benefits of their training goes down the drain.

Fitness industry is about money just like any other industry, including mental health industry. They don't give two s**ts about your health or looks.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 7:29 pm

Fixxer wrote:
The fitness industry is not about health, but about looks. It's about the Ego a lot of the time and people look nice on the outside, but how many issues are they creating within, for them to see once the benefits of their training goes down the drain.

I agree with this. I have no desire to look traditionally fit but I’m on a 1,500 calorie diet to lose weight.

I think wasting those calories on twinkies(those are gross)and soda isn’t a good idea nor am I going to just eat vegetables all day. I just count calories on Fitness Pal and eat veggies, lean meats, fruit and reduced fat dairy.

I have a huge sweet tooth and try to work sweets (with sugar) into my day but make sure I plan my calories in advance.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 4:04 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
reduced fat dairy.

This is one of the least healthy dietary choices one can make.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 10:09 pm

badRobot wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
reduced fat dairy.

This is one of the least healthy dietary choices one can make.

What about unsweetened almond milk?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2021, 9:09 am

Quote:
You body has the best calorie counter - hunger regulation

There are overweight people who only eat when they're hungry. The body may demand enough food to maintain the weight that it's at, which is not what you want if you're overweight.

Maybe you'll make the case that every single of those people just eat out of boredom, and that would be very convenient for your argument, but that'll be tough to prove.

Also, what about underweight people who only eat when they're hungry? In this case, they will need to eat at times when they're not hungry to get their weight up.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 10:40 am

Minervx_2 wrote:
Quote:
You body has the best calorie counter - hunger regulation

There are overweight people who only eat when they're hungry. The body may demand enough food to maintain the weight that it's at, which is not what you want if you're overweight.

Body never really wants to maintain weight, it wants to get rid of any excess, otherwise stuff like muscle dystrophy and osteoporosis would not be a problem when a person is not physically active.

What body wants is to have energy at expense, if you are eating food that affects your metabolic state, suppresses body fat utilization, your body will induce hunger to get more calories from your food intake to cover energy demands.

Minervx_2 wrote:
Also, what about underweight people who only eat when they're hungry? In this case, they will need to eat at times when they're not hungry to get their weight up.

To gain lean body mass, instead of gaining excess fat on top of underdeveloped body (aka skinny fat), these people need to exercise more, anabolic response would upregulate hunger and they will gain mass while maintaining healthy fat percentage.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 12:59 pm

Here is an illustration of how human biochemistry works:

The fact that people reduce that to "calories in, calories out" is laughable. How could a system that complicated follow such a simple rule?

smartHulk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2021, 7:59 am

Ettina wrote:
Here is an illustration of how human biochemistry works:

The fact that people reduce that to "calories in, calories out" is laughable. How could a system that complicated follow such a simple rule?

Just like any other system in this universe it can't work against fundamental law of conservation of energy.

But I agree with you that people who say calories is all that matters can't be more wrong. By taking into account how this complex system works you can affect the outcome of "calories in, calories out" that you find desireable, not the other way around.