Transgender woman shows herself to other women at a spa

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,564
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

11 Jul 2021, 4:54 am

At the end of the day shouldn't we expect people going into a spa are not going there to harrass and rape people? Like idk why are you zoning in on a transwoman's parts???

Like what now only men can rape women so it is fine to force transwomen to use male specific spaces? cause 'well only cis women get raped' or stupid nonsense like that. How about harrassing and raping people in the bathroom is illegal, so freaking do your piss or poop and leave no questions asked,


I mean does seem a bit silly to have gender seperated bathrooms anyways...sure is a hassle for men or women depending on which bathroom is needing to be cleaned while they need to go at the store. If it was just gender neutral bathrooms things would probably go a lot quicker and people would not have to be stuck waiting 10 minutes if their gender bathroom is being slowly cleaned by the slowest walmart worker that exists, in the store.


_________________
There's a magic spider on the wind
He spins a web for you
And if you wish upon a spider
All your wishes will all come true
-Nekrogoblikon


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,256

11 Jul 2021, 6:42 am

I think Sweden started non-gender bathrooms but spas are different because everyone is naked.

The issue here is there needs to be an understanding that transitioning male-female trans are i) allowed in and ii) might be half way there so the other women are mentally prepared to see male body parts. But, yes, it shouldn't matter in theory.



TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Feb 2021
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 625

11 Jul 2021, 7:03 am

Fnord wrote:
It is only one small step from "I did not commit indecent exposure to that woman because I identify as a woman myself" to "I did not commit rape of that woman because I identify as a woman myself".


That's not fair at all. That's not a small step.

I didn't read the article. I'm going to assume this is a case of someone exposing their genitals in a circumstance where nakedness is normal, but mixed genders is not, and this person does not consider themselves differently gendered than the other women in the spa. This is probably a case of disrespect and lack of good sense, and not of sexual predation.

I know a transgener woman who's advocacy is in-your-face. I don't like that kind of advocacy. It does not make people see your point to get in their face and confront them. It makes them think you are confrontational and possibly loony, and it hurts the cause. I think the best trans advocacy is going about your life being a rational, respectful human being, counter to the stereotypes of reality TV.

Should adults handle nakedness with indifference? Sure. In an ideal world. But that's not the world we live in, and trying to jump directly there is irrational.

League_Girl wrote:
That person might not even be trans, it clearly looks like a man. This is not typical trans behavior and trans women would not walk into a spa and flash their geneticals. Disgusting how creeps will play the trans card for such predatory behavior. This hurts the trans community and feeds into the TERFs ideology.


That might also be the case. It occurred to me, too, that this might be a non-trans person doing advocacy for the anti-trans cause. But "clearly looks like a man" is not an indicator. Typically, trans women try to look as feminine as they are capable, which leads to the whole doubt this is actually a trans woman, who would normally avoid such a spa because sporting a p&^*& isn't very feminine, but it is not universally true that trans women will try to make themselves appear as feminine as they are able.

It is a later trend that trans women have come to see looking feminine and being a woman as two separate things that can exist independently. It's probably always been that way, but it is becoming more known. Non-binary is something else that has probably always been there but is becoming more known. And the existence of both of these things has allowed some people to re-assess their gender, but an expression of gender that is different than identity still makes additional challenges, as most people do not know of it, and some resist it when they become aware of it.

EDIT

I've now watched the video. The man in the video is not the transgender woman. He's advocating for her.

SandWitch wrote:
I've read other articles on this story claiming a Karen was just pissed off that a trans woman had the audacity to share the same space with her and the rest of the public and made horrible accusations against her


It's also possible the trans woman didn't pave a p&^*& at all! Yikes.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,462
Location: I'm right here

11 Jul 2021, 1:24 pm

This incident is a hoax started by one Christian activist and amplified by /pol/ and other alt-right echo chambers.

There's video of the original hoaxster throwing a tantrum and making some claims that have yet to be substantiated. Without substantiating those claims there's no evidence except for the tantrum video, which is to say none at all.


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Feb 2021
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 625

11 Jul 2021, 5:22 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
This incident is a hoax started by one Christian activist and amplified by /pol/ and other alt-right echo chambers.

There's video of the original hoaxster throwing a tantrum and making some claims that have yet to be substantiated.


Who's the hoaxster, the woman in the video, the trans woman or someone else?



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,462
Location: I'm right here

11 Jul 2021, 5:43 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
This incident is a hoax started by one Christian activist and amplified by /pol/ and other alt-right echo chambers.

There's video of the original hoaxster throwing a tantrum and making some claims that have yet to be substantiated.


Who's the hoaxster, the woman in the video, the trans woman or someone else?


The woman in the video.
Has it even been substantiated that there was actually a transwoman there immediately prior to the video being made?


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,094
Location: Pacific Northwest

11 Jul 2021, 7:55 pm

After watching the entire video, the woman not only yelled about that fake trans woman, she shouted transohobic comments like "there is no transgender."

My opinion still stands about a cis man being in there pretending to be trans. There is no record of any trans people being there that day of the incident.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,761
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

13 Jul 2021, 12:06 pm

Are other women walking around naked in their change room/spa area? If so, nbd. If everyone is covered up and the culture is such that clothes are to be worn, well then, there could be an issue. I am curious why other women are in there eyeballing one another's genitals, though. I suppose they wouldn't have to be staring to catch a glimpse and notice, though.

As for people seeing nudity period.. I disagree with the OP. I've spent a lot of time hanging out at a nude beach over the last 5 years and there are naked beautiful people of all ages, shapes, sizes, genders etc - including young children and families. Naked and free in the Sunshine just living their best lives and not sexualizing one another. So to say bodies are supposed to be covered etc etc doesn't entirely sit right with me. Everyone's born naked, has a body, parts, flaws, whatever. Sure, time and a place.. I wear clothes in general public and almost always at home, but at a nude beach? Or at a spa where people disrobe? Meh, so what.

The woman who made the video is straight up transphobic. She refuses to acknowledge that trans people exist, that trans women are women. The man in the video is a true hero (not all heroes wear capes!) as he sets the record straight by speaking up in defence of the trans woman at the centre of this ridiculous complaint.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,761
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

13 Jul 2021, 12:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
It is only one small step from "I did not commit indecent exposure to that woman because I identify as a woman myself" to "I did not commit rape of that woman because I identify as a woman myself".


It's not indecent exposure if other women are Also exposed in the culture of this place. They're just bodies that're visible vs. concealed.

I don't particularly care for your comment suggesting that transgender people are rapists in the wait. Find me even ONE article about this ever happening - a transgendered woman just biding their time waiting to pounce on a cis woman and then raping them. I'll wait.

Hint: It doesn't happen because trans women are women, not predatory men. The predators are those who spend their time and energy observing and filming trans womens' bathroom habits in order to create viral videos to spread their hatred and bigotry.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,462
Location: I'm right here

13 Jul 2021, 12:13 pm

League_Girl wrote:
After watching the entire video, the woman not only yelled about that fake trans woman, she shouted transohobic comments like "there is no transgender."

My opinion still stands about a cis man being in there pretending to be trans. There is no record of any trans people being there that day of the incident.


I'm not even sure there's any evidence whatsoever that anyone with a penis was exposing themselves to others there.

Whether it was a cisman, a transwoman or anyone else there would be another witness, or security footage of the person entering or leaving, or something to substantiate the claim besides one person's angry claims.

Literally all we know is that a woman very angrily made a complaint. There's no evidence to substantiate any element of the complaint so far.


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,761
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

13 Jul 2021, 12:19 pm

League_Girl wrote:
After watching the entire video, the woman not only yelled about that fake trans woman, she shouted transohobic comments like "there is no transgender."

My opinion still stands about a cis man being in there pretending to be trans. There is no record of any trans people being there that day of the incident.


Except for the spa employee calmly explaining that the woman in question identifies as a transgender woman.

Not all trans people have had bottom surgery yet, or have it at all in their lifetime. Sometimes due to financial constraints, other times due to medical constraints, or personal preference not to do it. etc. Just because a transgendered woman still has a penis doesn't mean she isn't a transgender woman.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,094
Location: Pacific Northwest

14 Jul 2021, 3:07 am

goldfish21 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
After watching the entire video, the woman not only yelled about that fake trans woman, she shouted transohobic comments like "there is no transgender."

My opinion still stands about a cis man being in there pretending to be trans. There is no record of any trans people being there that day of the incident.


Except for the spa employee calmly explaining that the woman in question identifies as a transgender woman.

Not all trans people have had bottom surgery yet, or have it at all in their lifetime. Sometimes due to financial constraints, other times due to medical constraints, or personal preference not to do it. etc. Just because a transgendered woman still has a penis doesn't mean she isn't a transgender woman.


Sandwitch posted a link that said there were no transwomen at the spa that day.

https://www.advocate.com/transgender/20 ... spa-staged

So this whole thing may be a hoax.

I don't really believe a trans woman would want to flash her genitals in a woman's locker room and would change in a stall instead. Even cis women change in stalls too for their own reasons.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,761
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

14 Jul 2021, 10:31 am

League_Girl wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
After watching the entire video, the woman not only yelled about that fake trans woman, she shouted transohobic comments like "there is no transgender."

My opinion still stands about a cis man being in there pretending to be trans. There is no record of any trans people being there that day of the incident.


Except for the spa employee calmly explaining that the woman in question identifies as a transgender woman.

Not all trans people have had bottom surgery yet, or have it at all in their lifetime. Sometimes due to financial constraints, other times due to medical constraints, or personal preference not to do it. etc. Just because a transgendered woman still has a penis doesn't mean she isn't a transgender woman.


Sandwitch posted a link that said there were no transwomen at the spa that day.

https://www.advocate.com/transgender/20 ... spa-staged

So this whole thing may be a hoax.

I don't really believe a trans woman would want to flash her genitals in a woman's locker room and would change in a stall instead. Even cis women change in stalls too for their own reasons.


Ok, so if the woman who made the video fabricated a story about a trans woman in the spa, why do you believe there was a cis man in the women's area? :? What evidence do you have of that?

If she made up a story it's much more likely that she simply made it up than there was a cis man pretending to be trans.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


MushroomPrincess
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 254

15 Jul 2021, 12:00 am

I don't know how anyone on WrongPlanet could watch the videos and not immediately see this for what it is, transphobic bullying. The one claiming to be "traumatized" by a trans woman existing in public sounds like a total Karen.

Quote:
Cubana Angel’s Instagram posts are “almost exclusively Christian memes,” so it’s strange that she would go to a spa known for its friendliness to LGBTQ+ people, Lansing added.

The plot thickens!



SandWitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 9 Jun 2021
Age: 30
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 65
Location: Quantum Dust Cloud

19 Jul 2021, 3:52 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
I don't know how anyone on WrongPlanet could watch the videos and not immediately see this for what it is, transphobic bullying. The one claiming to be "traumatized" by a trans woman existing in public sounds like a total Karen.

Quote:
Cubana Angel’s Instagram posts are “almost exclusively Christian memes,” so it’s strange that she would go to a spa known for its friendliness to LGBTQ+ people, Lansing added.

The plot thickens!


The plot thickens and the violence is increasing... the proud boys, Qanon, and simple-minded conservatives and transphobes bit the bait fueled more-so by prominant conservative social media dingbats and mainstream media outlets. They're being blindly led onto the boat of what's about to be the next American social crisis, and hopefully will end (after the decades and decades of bloodshed to come) resulting in a progressive step towards the human rights movement for trans people's basic rights to exist.

There are videos online of the c ops siding with the terrorists who incited this entire scapegoated fascade of a story to begin with, whilst assaulting the trans activists counter protesting all of this made up BS on Saturday; po lice caught tearing up and stomping on the trans flag; protecting the terrorists who paid this Black Christian Karen with an obvious hidden agenda, (paid for her staged antics by the proud boys and the Qanon terrorists to incite this violence with her fake feminazi outrage).

I gaurentee that she will be the new messiah and face of these organizations/hate groups/christian lobbyists/terrorists now being on their payroll..

Objectively speaking, it's a very smart move of the right wing to do this now that the BLM movement and the conservative outrage from it's agenda's have calmed down a little bit; now that they got their foot on the door to some justice with law changes and Chauvin's conviction; the nazis and their sympathizers chose the correct woman with incredible acting skills to start the "new thing" for Trumpers to be on the top of their list of what to be outraged about.. it's honestly brilliant (objectively speaking) and so far a very successful method of inciting violence and shifting public views against trans people, more than already exists in the world today and historically speaking.

She should be charged, but don't expect it, with the authorities already proven and caught unapologetically siding with the terrorists..

Videos posted online also show po lice objectifying and mocking the transgendered activists counter-protesting.. aside from assaulting them and praising the terrorists' efforts..

This type of s**t is frightening for trans people to see. We are not a protected class (We're a targeted class) of people, and the bloodshed that will continue to follow, consequating from the international misinformation compaigns and ancient anti-trans tropes being reignited and spread like wildfire into the psyches of the conservative conspiracy theorists/right-wing terrorist circles, and the world at large; it's atrocious because the ripple affects of violence against trans women will continue to grow..

New laws, near and far will be implicated to impede further against our currently limited human rights to exist and live in peace.

Gaud blesh 'Merica.. :roll:



SandWitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 9 Jun 2021
Age: 30
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 65
Location: Quantum Dust Cloud

21 Jul 2021, 4:07 pm

The trans woman in this video explains things perfectly. She's one of my favorite transgendered women that I watch on youtube.

I figured I'd share her take on the Wi Spa Hoax (in the link below), it's a reasonable response and makes many good points that she speaks of eloquently about and with common sense.

https://youtu.be/2Bpy-7meEd4