Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 1:39 pm

Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
... A woman or someone who looks like a woman wouldn’t be in a men’s locker room.
You really HAVE lived a sheltered life, have you not?I’m younger than you. I’m willing to learn from your wisdom. Can you elaborate on what you mean please?
It has happened to me more than once that women have "accidentally" walked into the wrong locker room while I was changing clothes or taking a shower.

Why did you choose the screen name of "Brainiac", anyway?

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

Brainiac42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2021, 1:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
... A woman or someone who looks like a woman wouldn’t be in a men’s locker room.
You really HAVE lived a sheltered life, have you not?I’m younger than you. I’m willing to learn from your wisdom. Can you elaborate on what you mean please?
It has happened to me more than once that women have "accidentally" walked into the wrong locker room while I was changing clothes or taking a shower.

I’m a MENSA member. I also main that character on Injustice 2 the video game. I am actually not stupid, despite you assuming so after a conversation about a locker room.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 2:38 pm

Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
You really HAVE lived a sheltered life, have you not?
I’m younger than you. I’m willing to learn from your wisdom. Can you elaborate on what you mean please?
It has happened to me more than once that women have "accidentally" walked into the wrong locker room while I was changing clothes or taking a shower.  Why did you choose the screen name of "Brainiac", anyway?
I’m a MENSA member. I also main that character on Injustice 2 the video game. I am actually not stupid, despite you assuming so after a conversation about a locker room.
I never assumed you were stupid.

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

salad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 2:43 pm

Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:

Fnord never once assumed you were stupid.

Master Oogway

Brainiac42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2021, 2:53 pm

salad wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:

I think you may be used to his condescending behavior. His comments were very obviously condescending and insulting to my intelligence.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 3:28 pm

That person might not even be trans, it clearly looks like a man. This is not typical trans behavior and trans women would not walk into a spa and flash their geneticals. Disgusting how creeps will play the trans card for such predatory behavior. This hurts the trans community and feeds into the TERFs ideology.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Brainiac42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2021, 3:30 pm

League_Girl wrote:
That person might not even be trans, it clearly looks like a man. This is not typical trans behavior and trans women would not walk into a spa and flash their geneticals. Disgusting how creeps will play the trans card for such predatory behavior. This hurts the trans community and feeds into the TERFs ideology.

I agree. The guy in the video is not the person in question though. I’m not sure if they’ve shown a picture of them, but I haven’t seen one.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 6:05 pm

Brainiac42 wrote:
salad wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:

I think you may be used to his condescending behavior. His comments were very obviously condescending and insulting to my intelligence.

I thought his comments were condescending toward Brainiac42 - and I consider him a friend! It's all right for any of us to call each other out when justified.

However, I have no comment on this thread in general, it's the kind that arouses emotional thinking rather than rational, logical thought.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 6:15 pm

Nudity doesn't particularly bother me and never has. I often think that the cultural reaction to nudity is worse than the nudity itself.

I've often wondered if those who have been nudists most or all of their lives might be better adjusted to life than the rest of us.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 6:27 pm

This is in California.

"Wi Spa points to California Civil Code 51 (b), which makes discriminating against trans and other gender non-conforming people in business establishments illegal in the state".

Be the hero of your life.

Brainiac42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2021, 7:03 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
salad wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:

I thought his comments were condescending toward Brainiac42 - and I consider him a friend! It's all right for any of us to call each other out when justified.

Thank you.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 7:05 pm

Personally, I usually avoid communal changing areas. I prefer to change in a toilet stall and bring a bag to stuff my clothes in. However, if it really is unavoidable then I'll face the wall and get changed (without showing any nudity). I can't fathom being comfortable enough to strip in a changing room, I've only ever seen babies and toddlers with no self-awareness do this. Often to the mother's embarrassment.

Is this person actually trans, or is this just a case of a cis man protesting the civil code? I'm willing to bet it's the latter. Full nudity is a no-go in general in women's changing rooms, usually.

Brainiac42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2021, 7:23 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Personally, I usually avoid communal changing areas. I prefer to change in a toilet stall and bring a bag to stuff my clothes in. However, if it really is unavoidable then I'll face the wall and get changed (without showing any nudity). I can't fathom being comfortable enough to strip in a changing room, I've only ever seen babies and toddlers with no self-awareness do this. Often to the mother's embarrassment.

Is this person actually trans, or is this just a case of a cis man protesting the civil code? I'm willing to bet it's the latter. Full nudity is a no-go in general in women's changing rooms, usually.

The only women I have seen fully naked in public changing rooms have been women 60+ in age at the gym, in changing room next to the pool.

SandWitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jul 2021, 9:52 am

This honestly just sounds like another conservative anti-trans trope hit piece.

Ya'll weren't there. It's all based on speculation.

Transwoman don't transition to put themselves in life or death situations.

They transition to be their authentic selves and live among the rest of humanity in peace.

I've read other articles on this story claiming a Karen was just pissed off that a trans woman had the audacity to share the same space with her and the rest of the public and made horrible accusations against her as to many, unfortunately trans people are considered subhuman monstrosities deserving of being deemed as lesser than by a lot of ignorant and/or hateful people; as been done many times before.For instance, there was a story about a trans women going to use the woman's bathroom, she was labled a per v and got beaten to a pulp... a fear that all trans people face, when all we want to do is piss and s**t in peace.

Don't believe everything you read.

With that said, it's infuriating to still in 2021, trans people are thought of as dangerous people, attemping the do a satantic rituals on your family, with a human sacrifice.. give me a f*****g break..

Because we belong in cages, in a basement, where nobody can be in danger of our world dominating transness washing the brains of the old and young, the same!

World domination is coming soon as we're out to lower the standards of morality and sanity, oh me oh my!

Cis gay and lesbians went through the same ignorance and bigotry that put their rights to freedoms on hold for millennias.

Now it's the trans and nonbinary communities time in history to be shat on..

SandWitch

11 Jul 2021, 2:12 am

I stand correct... unfortunately.. this made up story has now caused violence and shows the danger trans people face on a daily basis...

All because some Christian nutjob c*nt wanted her 5 minutes of fame under the cloak of religious mumbo jumbo and terf ideology.. she's obviously a plant from the right and was paid handsomely by terrorist groups like "que a none". Jesus effing christ.. what's wrong with people?..

This is terrifying.. to live in a country where right wing extremists roam about, just killing on people... and for what?..

Because the same type of transphobes that make up these stories are the ones that put our lives at risk every god damned day.

Links to stories below.. very sad turn of events based on utter BS.

https://www.advocate.com/transgender/20 ... spa-staged

https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/0 ... otest.html

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 2:28 am

Brainiac42 wrote:
A transgender woman who has not had bottom surgery showed herself to women in a spa. I personally feel that this is not a representation of all transgender women/men, and that it was disrespectful to the other patrons. Especially if children were present. Nobody should get naked in front of a child. Transgender or cisgender. I feel like everyone should have a little decency and cover up to not make strangers uncomfortable.. but, in this situation especially, the woman should have kept covered to prevent this, knowing that others will more than likely have this reaction. Women can have male genitalia.. but not everyone understands, and it is a touchy subject. Decency should have been displayed here.
How do you all feel about this?

I couldn't see the link but in your description so I am assuming "she" showed herself to women in the spa, but do women bring their children in front of other naked women?? I don't think so.

I think this is one which is going to test the boundaries of offensiveness as I doubt any of the women in the spa would be mentally prepared to see a penis.