GOP Rep. Gosar Plans Event With White Nationalist again

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 6:42 pm

Forbes

Quote:
Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) is making yet another appearance with hard-right commentator Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist who attended the 2017 Charlottesville rally and praised the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, the latest sign of the Arizona congressman’s unwillingness to cut ties with controversial figures.

Fuentes’ channel on the social media app Telegram posted a flyer – including Gosar’s campaign logo, email and WinRed page – touting a fundraiser with Fuentes and Gosar in the Phoenix, Arizona area.

Gosar appeared to acknowledge the event on Twitter early Tuesday morning, tweeting that he’s “not sure why everyone is freaking out” and arguing Republicans should appeal to young voters even though they “will not agree 100% on every issue.”

That’s along the lines of what Gosar said in a speech to Fuentes’ America First Political Action Conference in February, at which Fuentes called the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol “awesome.”

Also appearing at that conference was Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), who was unseated by a GOP primary challenger last year after Republican leadership stripped him of his committee assignments over comments defending white nationalism.

Asked about Gosar appearing with Fuentes, who gained notoriety for attending the white nationalist Charlottesville rally in 2017, House Minority Leader Steve Scalise said he has been “vocal against any form of white supremacy,” adding, “I’ll have to look into that.”

Gosar’s siblings have been vocal advocates for his removal from Congress, particularly over his objection to President Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory in Arizona. Wyoming attorney Dave Gosar called his brother a “traitor to the country” on Monday and questioned why he hasn’t been expelled from Congress.

What is there to look into?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 7:59 am

He ought to plan an event with some Black Nationalists to kinda even things out.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 1:11 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
He ought to plan an event with some Black Nationalists to kinda even things out.

But he doesn't agree with them. He agrees with Fuentes, hence the partnering. They've got the exact same base.

3/10 for the false equivalency, you can do better.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 1:57 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

But he doesn't agree with them. He agrees with Fuentes, hence the partnering. They've got the exact same base.

It was an ironic joke..
Black (or any other tone) Nationalists are seen as beneficial, community involved, public good types. Whereas White Nationalists are seen as evil incarnate.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 2:01 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

It was an ironic joke..
Black (or any other tone) Nationalists are seen as beneficial, community involved, public good types. Whereas White Nationalists are seen as evil incarnate.

Are they? I can't say I've ever encountered that attitude. At most I've seen examples of good deeds performed by groups like the Black Panther Party to offset the usual villainous depiction they're given. Pointing out that they make positive contributions and aren't scary terrorists just looking for an excuse to harm white people isn't the same as the depiction you're suggesting they receive.

They're sometimes depicted as not all bad, it's a stretch to insist they're depicted as good.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 2:35 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

It was an ironic joke..

Are they? I can't say I've ever encountered that attitude. At most I've seen examples of good deeds performed by groups like the Black Panther Party to offset the usual villainous depiction they're given. Pointing out that they make positive contributions and aren't scary terrorists just looking for an excuse to harm white people isn't the same as the depiction you're suggesting they receive.

They're sometimes depicted as not all bad, it's a stretch to insist they're depicted as good.

I can't say I have ever seen a negative MSM news story about the Black Panthers or La Raza. But I do remember the 2008 election video of two armed members of the Black Panthers guarding a polling place. Snopes will probably say its CGI or something.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 2:54 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

It was an ironic joke..

I can't say I have ever seen a negative MSM news story about the Black Panthers or La Raza. But I do remember the 2008 election video of two armed members of the Black Panthers guarding a polling place. Snopes will probably say its CGI or something.

I can't say I've seen a news story about either of those groups since '08, positive or negative. Probably because neither group is particularly influential.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 3:53 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

It was an ironic joke..

2/10 for the lazy shoehorned swipe at Snopes.

I remember the armed Black Panthers at the polling place, too. I remember they did so cos a bunch of red-necks in pick-em-up trucks we're driving around threatening and intimidating POC who were waiting to vote. It was a fairly minor local news story.

But pesky details like that would get in the way of the narrative / illusion you're trying to thrust into the spotlight.

Incidentally, snopes makes no mention of that incident - probably cos nobody disputes it happening, so it likely doesn't need debunking to begin with. It DOES mention an incident where the Panthers were claimed to have been ASKED to march on behalf of a candidate - and while they did march, and did endorse a candidate, they did not do so at the behest of the candidate in question. Also they marched peacefully and lawfully. No polling stations were involved.

You could have spent all of 9 seconds actually SEARCHING snopes to see if your silly claim even had merit - but you seem to think snopes is some type of propaganda site anyways, so who cares, right? "Facts" and "research" only get in the way of sticking to the narrative.

If you're going to say such funny things, you could at least throw in a "HoNkA hOnKa!" every now and then :jester:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 4:46 pm

This is why the GOP can only win via voter suppression. People like Gosar, Gohmert, Bohbert and MTG.

Would it kill them to move to the center?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 9:19 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

The Southern Poverty Law Center has this to say about the "New Black Panther Party," who are quite different from the original Black Panthers of the 1960's:

Quote:
The NBPP has no connection to the original Black Panther Party, whose members have heavily criticized the group. An open letter first referenced in 2007 from the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation, which is run by members of the original Black Panther Party, calls the NBPP a hateful and unconstructive group. Bobby Seale, a founding member of the original Panthers, called the organization “a black racist hate group.” Fahim Minkah and Marvin Crenshaw, original Panthers from Dallas, Texas, won an injunction preventing the group’s first leader from using the New Black Panther Party name or its logo. The injunction was never enforced and NBPP continues to use the pilfered name and logo.

The original Black Panthers provided "free breakfast for school children, sickle cell anemia screening, legal aid, and adult education," according to this article about them on the National Archives site.