Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 8:39 pm

It’s hard to talk to my friend, she feel like a stranger. She told me that I’m like everyone else. We been friends for over one year, she lives in my town, she helped me put my new bed together long time ago. She doesn’t understand about my Aspergers. Although I’m like other people, I’m very different too with Aspergers, Psoriasis, Dyslexia, Cerebral Pasly & a Learning Disability. I wish she understood me at least a little bit.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 10:43 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
It’s hard to talk to my friend, she feel like a stranger. She told me that I’m like everyone else. We been friends for over one year, she lives in my town, she helped me put my new bed together long time ago. She doesn’t understand about my Aspergers. Although I’m like other people, I’m very different too with Aspergers, Psoriasis, Dyslexia, Cerebral Pasly & a Learning Disability. I wish she understood me at least a little bit.

Are there some specific ways that these conditions manifest in your interaction with her, that you need her to understand? I'm wondering if it might be better to talk to her about specific observable traits than diagnostic labels.