Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

salad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 1:12 am

I didnt want to break her heart but I dont want her to suffer more PTSD in case I die due to worse health

Shes heartbroken but I'm doing this for her own good

As of now my health is getting even worse in ways I dont even feel comfortable sharing because I'd rather not worry anyone

All I want to say is that I'm facing an uphill battle dealing with really bad health issues I'd rather not share that I cant allow her to witness

I've already lost all motor function in my legs and my arms are feeling severe excruciating pain even typing this

:cry: :cry:

Master Oogway

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 7:28 am

I'm sorry.

Best of luck with this severe challenge.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 3:11 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your challenges, and understand that facing them leaves you in a difficult position. But … I wish you wouldn’t decide for your fiancé what she should or should not deal with. No matter how many times you tell yourself you are protecting her, you are actually giving into selfish pride, a male tendency that women find utterly infuriating. You should let her choose. You owe her that; she will be devastated when she eventually finds out and realizes you cut her out to go it alone. Many women find purpose and meaning in being able to be there through the worst of times for someone they care about. Let her choose. IMHO

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 02 Jul 2021, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 3:42 pm

You will get better.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 11:45 pm

Hey salad, please don't burn bridges.

Work on making yourself better first but tell your fiance that still want to be with her.