Activism of Care said that people with ASD are annoying.

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 12:39 pm

Activism of Care explained that people with ASD are annoying.

What do you think about his video?

Is it true about all people with ASD?

I felt so interested on why he said that people with ASD are very annoying

His video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ophybSoHtQ4&t=1s

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 1:40 pm

Based on your interactions would you agree?

I mean, I can be pretty annoying and a lot of other folks with ASD I know can be annoying at times, it's not intentional but it happens.

If you agree it's not the end of the world just something to be aware of. If you don't agree, it still might be a common perception, and it's still not the end of the world.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 1:45 pm

It makes sense.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 2:03 pm

I honestly didn't watch the video after I saw a comment comparing autism to a personality disorder, though to respond to the general idea of autistic people being "annoying", I haven't found the autistic people I've dealt with to be more or less annoying than NTs. NTs and autistic people often do different things that irritate me, but neither irritate me more in general than the other.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 2:09 pm

It makes sense.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 5:41 pm

Hate speech. I'd report him to YouTube but I never visit their website, I just download them with a program called Youtube-dl.exe. And YouTube probably wouldn't even give him a warning.

He says it's educational but it's just a lowlife rant. And he thinks we're the annoying ones?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 6:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I can be pretty annoying and a lot of other folks with ASD I know can be annoying at times, it's not intentional but it happens.

No question about it, that's a common Aspie trait and it would be hard to find anybody who likes to be on the receiving end of it. But he insinuates we all do it and that there's a problem with all these people who think we're charming when we're like that (does anybody know anybody who thinks that?). In other words, he's spouting destructive criticism. The irony is that in having a go at Aspies for it, he's done it himself, for 20 minutes. The other irony is his brand name - activism of care.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 6:54 pm

It makes sense.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 8:03 pm

What a terrible hater. Oren, why do I identify yourself as autistic and then encourage this terrible YouTuber. Plenty of things NTs do are annoying to us too. The whole thing about sporting events seemed strange. I don't think Aspies are particular to sporting events. Some do become sports fact geeks and I think some males use talk about sports as masking. Sports being a common small talk subject.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 8:20 pm

It's not that I am encouraging this video, I just find it interesting why he thinks people with ASD are very annoying.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to make you all upset.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 10:22 pm

the solar system contains a lot more neurotypicals than autistics.

you can't measure what is annoying.

not everyone finds the same thing annoying.

some neurotypicals don't like anything that is different from them. they don't understand it, so they find it annoying.

anyone could find anything annoying. that does not mean anyone did anything wrong.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 11:13 pm

FranzOren wrote:
It's not that I am encouraging this video, I just find it interesting why he thinks people with ASD are very annoying.

Preface: I don't find you annoying.

If I told you that you were annoying you'd feel a wound to your ego, generally speaking.
If I categorized you in a category of inherently annoying people you'd feel a similar wound to your ego.

If you have impaired social skills and impaired self-awareness you've likely annoyed people without realizing it.
Not realizing it or intending it aren't the same as not producing that response.

Therefore it fair to expect a lot of butthurt and it's also fair to ignore it.

I rarely intend on annoying people, I'm often unaware of it but I've had to own that it occurs.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 03 Jul 2021, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 11:14 pm

It does make sense, I agree.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 11:18 pm

Most NTs tend to just get annoyed easily.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 11:20 pm

So, the video that he made is ableist.

Because I used to have communication delays from my early childhood, I might have annoyed others without intending to, but NTs tend to get annoyed easily anyways.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 11:36 pm

FranzOren wrote:

I think the title you picked for the thread was a good enough warning for people to stay away if they were likely to get seriously upset. And it's probably worth our while to know what rubbish jerks like him come out with. And it gives any YouTube account holders here a chance to comment there and put him in his place, if they think it's worth doing that. I'd be sorely tempted to, if I had an account with YouTube, but I hate Google.

As for your question, why he thinks we are annoying, I'm not even sure if he's being honest. I suspect he's making it up to get a following of nasty idiots so that he feels important. If he really finds Aspie data dumps so annoying, why doesn't he just ignore them or tell them to shut up? He's happy to be that rude (and worse) on YouTube. But he doesn't show his face or his real name there. If he's got a problem with the way some Aspies behave towards him, why doesn't he sort it out himself with them? My guess is that he doesn't have the social skill or the guts. It sounds to me like he's lowered the pitch of his voice with an electronic trick so nobody can recognise him. But maybe I'm wrong and he's not hiding his identity. Like I say, I hate the YouTube website so I can't easily find out. Last time I saw any comments on YouTube (quite a few years ago), a lot of them seemed stupid and nasty. Not all of them of course, but enough.