Activism of Care said that people with ASD are annoying.

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 11:37 pm

I agree.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 12:22 am

FranzOren wrote:
So, the video that he made is ableist.

Because I used to have communication delays from my early childhood, I might have annoyed others without intending to, but NTs tend to get annoyed easily anyways.

It's from the perspective of someone who doesn't share our struggles and isn't intending on empathizing with us.

I think that is ableist, but at the same time I can empathize.
Maybe that's why I have an anxiety disorder and have become recluse. :oops:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 12:33 am

It makes sense.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 2:25 am

I mean we an be annoying...but that is not the only thing about us.

I mean for sure part of my autistic traits are, I can get carried away with a topic and come off as more lecturing than having a conversation...and that can annoy people. It can even hurt their feelings if they think I am being condescending, not trying to be, but it can come off that way if I over-explain something the person already knows some about.

So I cannot say it is wrong to say autistic people can be annoying, but why are they focusing on this on a channel called Activism Care? like did they even go on to say like how to help the autistic person with that...or just pointing out, 'der hur you guys can be annoying.' And well looked that youtube channel up and seems very specifically focused on narcassists...so not sure the context of mentioning complaints about autistic people on there. But maybe I am missing something.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 9:18 am

Just because someone finds someone else "annoying" doesn't mean that someone did anything wrong

Some people just don't like anyone different from themselves

NTs are in the majority

Plenty of extroverts talk too much and too loud about the slightest little things and I find them annoying. (Noise pollution). Doesn't mean they did anything wrong per se

There are eight billion people in the world and not everyone finds the same thing "annoying"

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 10:11 am

Sorry, I did not get passed the introduction. Not sure I would care about anything he said even if I agree with it. It is just personal opinion.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 11:24 am

It makes sense.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 4:29 pm

What was that he said about Aspies and sarcasm? Something like "they all tell you they don't understand sarcasm, but they do understand it. I hear them use their own brand of sarcasm all the time" Then he chuckles knowingly. WTF is he on about?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 4:32 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
What was that he said about Aspies and sarcasm? Something like "they all tell you they don't understand sarcasm, but they do understand it. I hear them use their own brand of sarcasm all the time" Then he chuckles knowingly. WTF is he on about?

That's a very idiotic comment, since there are different types of sarcasm and he's even acknowledging that we have our "own brand" of it. :roll:

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 5:48 pm

I got confused as well, because I am not that good at understanding jokes.

Cuppacoffee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jul 2021, 5:54 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
Sorry, I did not get passed the introduction. Not sure I would care about anything he said even if I agree with it. It is just personal opinion.

SNAP!
His voice is annoying.
Also, he seemed to be putting down The Beatles.
I used to borrow Beatles biographies (multiple) from the "real" library when we visited it at primary school, and I consider myself NT. He must be off his trotter.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 6:02 pm

It's strange though, he thinks that people like us with ASD are very pompous about everything.

It felt like he was comparing us to people with NPD. It's very strange.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 6:07 pm

FranzOren wrote:
It's strange though, he thinks that people like us with ASD are very pompous about everything.

It felt like he was comparing us to people with NPD. It's very strange.

I think he is. I didn't watch the video, but from the comments + things I've seen on other sites (like this one) there are people who treat their ASD family members and friends as if they are sociopathic/narcissistic, and this seems like the same type of stuff. Ironically, a lot of these people seem very narcissistic themselves and seem to take enjoyment in demonizing people with developmental disorders.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 6:09 pm

It makes sense.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 7:15 pm

If we were social butterflies who could charm the pants off of folks we wouldnt be autistics.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 7:26 pm

I don't think he is saying that, he knows we have history of communication delay. He just finds us very annoying due to our repetitive behavior.