Activism of Care said that people with ASD are annoying.

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 7:45 pm

Cuppacoffee wrote:
His voice is annoying.

It sounds rather sluggish and slurring to my ears, characteristic of a trick men have been known to use - reducing the pitch of their recorded voice, to disguise it and (don't laugh) to try to make it appear more manly. So I briefly tinkered with it in an audio editor, and that seems to confirm that he cut the pitch and speed by about 12%. He sounds more normal if you increase it back by that amount, though personally I still don't find it a very pleasant voice.

While doing that I noticed this little gem:

"I am also trying to be more positive"

Didn't do very well there, did he?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 7:49 pm

He sounds very creepy to say the least.

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 9:39 am

I've been told many times im annoying and I personally, when I've analyzed the situation can recognize i am being annoying even.if unintentional. Doesn't mean that just because a negative quality is pointed out doesn't make it not true.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 12:12 pm

^
I don't think anybody's saying we're never annoying. It's a testament to our patience that we're not going that far, given the disrespectful way he presented his case. I don't think he's trying to be helpful. I think his purpose is to whip up hatred against us.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 12:28 pm

It does make sense.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 8:55 pm

CarlM wrote:
What a terrible hater. Oren, why do I identify yourself as autistic and then encourage this terrible YouTuber. Plenty of things NTs do are annoying to us too. The whole thing about sporting events seemed strange. I don't think Aspies are particular to sporting events. Some do become sports fact geeks and I think some males use talk about sports as masking. Sports being a common small talk subject.

At first, he seemd very convincing and scientific-like until he started to compare us as being very pompous to the point of comparing us to personality disorders.

I don't watch his videos at all that much, because not all of it is accurate.

I made a terrible mistake by comparing my restricted interests to NPD, because I thought I had a very superior intelligence, due to my restricted interests, because he seemed convincing, and recently I deleted that comment from there, because it is unscientific in reality and felt guilty for saying that. Even before I deleted that comment I made until very recently, I felt guilty.

I am still subscribed to his channel, because some of his videos are interesting, but I don't agree about what he says most of the time.

I was too trusting of him and hated myself as a result, I am sorry :cry:

OUR_Diagnosis_Doesnt_Equal_We
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2024, 9:46 pm

Dont hate yourself it'll achieve nothing.

Learn from it.

No human ND or NT are the same nor are they infallible. You can agree and disagree at the same time. Its not the justice league. It's real people

We (humans) get taken in from time to time. Fwiw I've never heard of this person but I've done similar. Now I'm more annoying.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 9:49 pm

Thanks! I do feel guilty though, I need some time to forgive myself.