Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 2:31 pm

What do you guys think will happen to the classic NES and SNES games on the Nintendo Switch once Nintendo Switch Online is discontinued? Do you think Nintendo will gave an opportunity to outright purchase the classic games at that point? Also, does anyone think EarthBound will make it to Nintendo Switch Online?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 2:37 pm

When will it be disscontinued? Only last year I bought mine and I only have two online games on it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 2:49 pm

This is why we must keep our virtual console and original NES and SNES games. Those are not yours, it's Nintendo's allowing you to play their titles and they can revoke them anytime. They can't revoke your original cartridges or your virtual console games.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 2:51 pm

My bad, I wasn't clear. I meant when Nintendo Switch Online eventually gets discontinued. I guess that could be years and years, especially if new(er) Nintendo consoles use the same online service. Nintendo Switch Online is not being discontinued that I know of but I was curious about the classic games when it finally does go the way of the dinosaur.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 2:53 pm

I spend too much time on it to be honest. It has however got me to improve my brain sharpness and hand to eye co-ordination.

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2021, 3:01 pm

League_Girl wrote:
This is why we must keep our virtual console and original NES and SNES games. Those are not yours, it's Nintendo's allowing you to play their titles and they can revoke them anytime. They can't revoke your original cartridges or your virtual console games.

Do you think a SNES Classic is worth the money? It has EarthBond which is expensive as a cartridge and I don't have a SNES. I wish I brought the SNES Classic when it came out, its expensive now and there are fakes.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 2:54 am

Dragnet wrote:
Do you think a SNES Classic is worth the money? It has EarthBond which is expensive as a cartridge and I don't have a SNES. I wish I brought the SNES Classic when it came out, its expensive now and there are fakes.

I'd say it's worth it if you can find one at a reasonable price. There's a lot of great games on that thing.
You can also get EarthBound (And EarthBound Beginnings) on the WiiU and the 3DS, BTW.

Video game stuff had been going up in price, but it's gotten a lot worse since the pandemic. Hopefully things clear up soon.