Black Lives Matter plan to 'completely dismantle' society

Page 17 of 18 [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,382
Location: Illinois

11 Jul 2021, 4:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Sorry, but a factitious comment is not going to cut it. Try again. I think an apology is in order.


This is Kraichgauer you expect an apology from? He's the most harmless person on WP, he wouldn't hurt a fly,


True! I like him! But I still don't appreciate him calling me a Trump supporter. We've had this conversation before. He knows I'm not what he claims I am. It's disingenuous.


_________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Jiddu Krisnamurti


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,342
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Jul 2021, 4:44 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
This can also be seen in the difference between how members of each "side" treated the death of a prominent member of the "other side" in the past year

David Koch and Donald Rumsfeld obituary topics got nasty comments.

Koch like Limbaugh was another champion of polarization. He wasn't merely somebody with whom those on the Left disagree. He was an enemy.

Rumsfeld was a warmonger. Americans are sick and tired of being asked to demonstrate their patriotism by blindly supporting foreign wars, which is unfortunate because the day could come when there will be a legitimate need to support one e.g. 1914 and 1939. Anger towards him is legitimate and not by any means limited to the Left.


Obama was a bigger warmonger than Rumsfeld and Bush. But I'm quite certain nobody on the left, here, will say an unkind word against him when he dies-- except me, that is.


ARE YOU SERIOUS!! ! Bush and Rumsfeld got us into a completely unnecessary war in Iraq! Tell me when Obama had done that, because I must have missed it!


Syria, Libya Somalia, Yemen. The latter is the most revolting and criminal of all, where we are funding Saudia Arabia while they are basically committing genocide in that country.

We funded terrorist groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS during his regime in Syria with the end goal of taking put Assad.

But he's still a wonderful guy, right? Nowhere near as bad as Bush.


Those conflicts hardly compared to the disastrous war in Iraq, which played a part in the destabilization of the Middle East that lead to said later conflicts.


Well, I guess that absolves Obama of all the dead folks he's responsible for. You may now continue to lionize a war criminal.


Obama F'd up, without a doubt, as he should have known better from Bush's example. That said, he's still a far better President than your man, Trump, ever was.


Oh, yes! Back to, I must be a Trump supporter because I don't like Obama.

Their both horrible. For the record, I've never voted for a Republican, and I haven't voted for a Democrat since 2008.

Any more lies you'd like to tell about me?


I'm such a terrible person! I'd twirl my mustache villainously if I had one! :twisted: :twisted:


Sorry, but a factitious comment is not going to cut it. Try again. I think an apology is in order.


APOLOGIZE? Hell will freeze over first!


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,382
Location: Illinois

11 Jul 2021, 4:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
This can also be seen in the difference between how members of each "side" treated the death of a prominent member of the "other side" in the past year

David Koch and Donald Rumsfeld obituary topics got nasty comments.

Koch like Limbaugh was another champion of polarization. He wasn't merely somebody with whom those on the Left disagree. He was an enemy.

Rumsfeld was a warmonger. Americans are sick and tired of being asked to demonstrate their patriotism by blindly supporting foreign wars, which is unfortunate because the day could come when there will be a legitimate need to support one e.g. 1914 and 1939. Anger towards him is legitimate and not by any means limited to the Left.


Obama was a bigger warmonger than Rumsfeld and Bush. But I'm quite certain nobody on the left, here, will say an unkind word against him when he dies-- except me, that is.


ARE YOU SERIOUS!! ! Bush and Rumsfeld got us into a completely unnecessary war in Iraq! Tell me when Obama had done that, because I must have missed it!


Syria, Libya Somalia, Yemen. The latter is the most revolting and criminal of all, where we are funding Saudia Arabia while they are basically committing genocide in that country.

We funded terrorist groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS during his regime in Syria with the end goal of taking put Assad.

But he's still a wonderful guy, right? Nowhere near as bad as Bush.


Those conflicts hardly compared to the disastrous war in Iraq, which played a part in the destabilization of the Middle East that lead to said later conflicts.


Well, I guess that absolves Obama of all the dead folks he's responsible for. You may now continue to lionize a war criminal.


Obama F'd up, without a doubt, as he should have known better from Bush's example. That said, he's still a far better President than your man, Trump, ever was.


Oh, yes! Back to, I must be a Trump supporter because I don't like Obama.

Their both horrible. For the record, I've never voted for a Republican, and I haven't voted for a Democrat since 2008.

Any more lies you'd like to tell about me?


I'm such a terrible person! I'd twirl my mustache villainously if I had one! :twisted: :twisted:


Sorry, but a factitious comment is not going to cut it. Try again. I think an apology is in order.


APOLOGIZE? Hell will freeze over first!


Alright, then. You go your way and I'll go mine.


_________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Jiddu Krisnamurti


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,342
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Jul 2021, 4:58 pm

^^^
Aw, don't be sore!


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,382
Location: Illinois

11 Jul 2021, 5:04 pm

I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.


_________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Jiddu Krisnamurti


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,342
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Jul 2021, 7:20 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.


I'll concede I might have gotten you mixed up with somebody else from back in the time I was constantly arguing with that guy who thought Trump was the coolest thing since sliced bread. If you recall, he was never really straight with us regarding if he was lived in Palestine, America, or Britain. Everyone back then was hurtling weaponized posts, and it got kind of hard to keep track of who was who, as the line was drawn between Anti-Trump and Pro-Trump in that toxic meltdown.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,908
Location: Australia

11 Jul 2021, 7:53 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
This can also be seen in the difference between how members of each "side" treated the death of a prominent member of the "other side" in the past year

David Koch and Donald Rumsfeld obituary topics got nasty comments.

Koch like Limbaugh was another champion of polarization. He wasn't merely somebody with whom those on the Left disagree. He was an enemy.

Rumsfeld was a warmonger. Americans are sick and tired of being asked to demonstrate their patriotism by blindly supporting foreign wars, which is unfortunate because the day could come when there will be a legitimate need to support one e.g. 1914 and 1939. Anger towards him is legitimate and not by any means limited to the Left.


Obama was a bigger warmonger than Rumsfeld and Bush. But I'm quite certain nobody on the left, here, will say an unkind word against him when he dies-- except me, that is.


ARE YOU SERIOUS!! ! Bush and Rumsfeld got us into a completely unnecessary war in Iraq! Tell me when Obama had done that, because I must have missed it!


Syria, Libya Somalia, Yemen. The latter is the most revolting and criminal of all, where we are funding Saudia Arabia while they are basically committing genocide in that country.

We funded terrorist groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS during his regime in Syria with the end goal of taking put Assad.

But he's still a wonderful guy, right? Nowhere near as bad as Bush.


Those conflicts hardly compared to the disastrous war in Iraq, which played a part in the destabilization of the Middle East that lead to said later conflicts.


Well, I guess that absolves Obama of all the dead folks he's responsible for. You may now continue to lionize a war criminal.


Obama F'd up, without a doubt, as he should have known better from Bush's example. That said, he's still a far better President than your man, Trump, ever was.


Oh, yes! Back to, I must be a Trump supporter because I don't like Obama.

Their both horrible. For the record, I've never voted for a Republican, and I haven't voted for a Democrat since 2008.

Any more lies you'd like to tell about me?


A lot of people, on both sides of the political divide, see things in binary terms.
This is simplistic and stifles discussion.
For some, it is all about misrepresentation with the porpoise of point scoring.
As a result, their credibility suffers, even if they are overall "nice" people.

I suggest you keep on pointing out this "binary"/misrepresentation ploy.
Being non-partisan/moderate is a valid political position, and any rational person, with integrity, would acknowledge that. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,963
Location: Melbourne, Australia

11 Jul 2021, 7:54 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.

Had you considered that the most probable explanation for the repeated accusations would be that Kraichgauer is actually a secret Trump supporter?

The accusations aimed at yourself and others, despite his having been corrected on this multiple times, may simply be his way to feel less isolated here and a way to try and find\encourage others to share this support.

Instead of getting frustrated with the accusations in future, you should consider them in this way and while reminding him that he shouldn't feel shame for supporting the person he does, while you do not share that support for him there may be others who do and he should look elsewhere for them.


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,908
Location: Australia

11 Jul 2021, 7:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.


I'll concede I might have gotten you mixed up with somebody else from back in the time I was constantly arguing with that guy who thought Trump was the coolest thing since sliced bread. If you recall, he was never really straight with us regarding if he was lived in Palestine, America, or Britain. Everyone back then was hurtling weaponized posts, and it got kind of hard to keep track of who was who, as the line was drawn between Anti-Trump and Pro-Trump in that toxic meltdown.


:thumright:

Has Uncle Joe in government made you a more politically moderate person?
Evidence suggests so. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,908
Location: Australia

11 Jul 2021, 8:04 pm

Brictoria wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.

Had you considered that the most probable explanation for the repeated accusations would be that Kraichgauer is actually a secret Trump supporter?

The accusations aimed at yourself and others, despite his having been corrected on this multiple times, may simply be his way to feel less isolated here and a way to try and find\encourage others to share this support.

Instead of getting frustrated with the accusations in future, you should consider them in this way and while reminding him that he shouldn't feel shame for supporting the person he does, while you do not share that support for him there may be others who do and he should look elsewhere for them.


Some people engage in misrepresentation of others.
Believe me, I know first hand.
It is a gang/groupthink/political strawman strategy/tactic that is obvious to informed people.

Let me hasten to say, Kraichgauer is showing signs of political moderation, presumably now that Trump is out of government.

I have removed Kraichgauer from my "Hyperpartisan list".
But he is on probation. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,329
Location: Mid-Atlantic US

11 Jul 2021, 8:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.


I'll concede I might have gotten you mixed up with somebody else from back in the time I was constantly arguing with that guy who thought Trump was the coolest thing since sliced bread. If you recall, he was never really straight with us regarding if he was lived in Palestine, America, or Britain. Everyone back then was hurtling weaponized posts, and it got kind of hard to keep track of who was who, as the line was drawn between Anti-Trump and Pro-Trump in that toxic meltdown.

John Powell. Quite certain he was British. Claimed sympathy for Palestine due to antisemitism.


_________________
My WP story


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,963
Location: Melbourne, Australia

11 Jul 2021, 9:55 pm

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.

Had you considered that the most probable explanation for the repeated accusations would be that Kraichgauer is actually a secret Trump supporter?

The accusations aimed at yourself and others, despite his having been corrected on this multiple times, may simply be his way to feel less isolated here and a way to try and find\encourage others to share this support.

Instead of getting frustrated with the accusations in future, you should consider them in this way and while reminding him that he shouldn't feel shame for supporting the person he does, while you do not share that support for him there may be others who do and he should look elsewhere for them.


Some people engage in misrepresentation of others.
Believe me, I know first hand.
It is a gang/groupthink/political strawman strategy/tactic that is obvious to informed people.

Let me hasten to say, Kraichgauer is showing signs of political moderation, presumably now that Trump is out of government.

I have removed Kraichgauer from my "Hyperpartisan list".
But he is on probation. 8)


I'll take your word for that :)

In much the same way that a racist would introduce another's race (known or assumed) into a discussion (either to weaponise this in order to devalue what the person said\believed\etc., or via the "bigotry of low expectations" to show surprise a person of the given race was capable of saying\believing\etc. what was being discussed), I would have thought that a person who introduced the subject of another's political support for similar reasons (to demean their words\actions, or show surprise that the person was able to say\believe what they did as a result of who they "supported") would fit the definition of hyper-partisanship.

This is not to suggest\imply racist beliefs on anyone's part, nor to suggest\imply any link between racism and hyperpartisanhip, but simply to demonstrate how the introduction a characteristic of another person into a discussion in these ways shows a lack of "neutrality" (and a position some distance from "neutral") on the part of the person who does this.


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,342
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Jul 2021, 11:18 pm

Brictoria wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.

Had you considered that the most probable explanation for the repeated accusations would be that Kraichgauer is actually a secret Trump supporter?

The accusations aimed at yourself and others, despite his having been corrected on this multiple times, may simply be his way to feel less isolated here and a way to try and find\encourage others to share this support.

Instead of getting frustrated with the accusations in future, you should consider them in this way and while reminding him that he shouldn't feel shame for supporting the person he does, while you do not share that support for him there may be others who do and he should look elsewhere for them.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! !!


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,342
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Jul 2021, 11:19 pm

MaxE wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.


I'll concede I might have gotten you mixed up with somebody else from back in the time I was constantly arguing with that guy who thought Trump was the coolest thing since sliced bread. If you recall, he was never really straight with us regarding if he was lived in Palestine, America, or Britain. Everyone back then was hurtling weaponized posts, and it got kind of hard to keep track of who was who, as the line was drawn between Anti-Trump and Pro-Trump in that toxic meltdown.

John Powell. Quite certain he was British. Claimed sympathy for Palestine due to antisemitism.


Okay.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,342
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Jul 2021, 11:20 pm

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.

Had you considered that the most probable explanation for the repeated accusations would be that Kraichgauer is actually a secret Trump supporter?

The accusations aimed at yourself and others, despite his having been corrected on this multiple times, may simply be his way to feel less isolated here and a way to try and find\encourage others to share this support.

Instead of getting frustrated with the accusations in future, you should consider them in this way and while reminding him that he shouldn't feel shame for supporting the person he does, while you do not share that support for him there may be others who do and he should look elsewhere for them.


Some people engage in misrepresentation of others.
Believe me, I know first hand.
It is a gang/groupthink/political strawman strategy/tactic that is obvious to informed people.

Let me hasten to say, Kraichgauer is showing signs of political moderation, presumably now that Trump is out of government.

I have removed Kraichgauer from my "Hyperpartisan list".
But he is on probation. 8)


As long as I'm not on the naughty list anymore! :lol:


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,242

12 Jul 2021, 2:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not sore, just tired of the BS. If you want to have a real discussion about politics, then step up to the plate. Claiming I'm a Trump supporter is just plain absurd, given the lack of evidence.

Had you considered that the most probable explanation for the repeated accusations would be that Kraichgauer is actually a secret Trump supporter?

The accusations aimed at yourself and others, despite his having been corrected on this multiple times, may simply be his way to feel less isolated here and a way to try and find\encourage others to share this support.

Instead of getting frustrated with the accusations in future, you should consider them in this way and while reminding him that he shouldn't feel shame for supporting the person he does, while you do not share that support for him there may be others who do and he should look elsewhere for them.


Some people engage in misrepresentation of others.
Believe me, I know first hand.
It is a gang/groupthink/political strawman strategy/tactic that is obvious to informed people.

Let me hasten to say, Kraichgauer is showing signs of political moderation, presumably now that Trump is out of government.

I have removed Kraichgauer from my "Hyperpartisan list".
But he is on probation. 8)


As long as I'm not on the naughty list anymore! :lol:


I think your on the probation list