Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2021, 11:03 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/AutismTranslat ... ame=iossmf

I saw this on Reddit about a week ago.

I started the process of signing up for it, but stopped when I was triggered by a couple things the instructions said:
1. Data would be shared with Autism Speaks.
2. I'd be responsible for the costs of travel to Stanford (in California) for five 1-2 hour meetings, every 6 months.
3. If I got hurt as part of the study, I'd be 100% responsible for all health costs.
4. At one point they referred to Autism as a "disease".

Other than that, it sounded great, a Job fair and a reverse Job Fair (whatever that is). And they'd help me find employment, and follow up with me for 12 months after I was hired.

Has anyone else signed up for this? If you're in California, it feels like a no-brainer, but paying for air fare to California is a non-starter for me.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2021, 1:07 am

I live in California and will not be participating in this. It seems suspicious, some kind of autist tracking program, and the probability of employment seems low. I've looked at some of the available jobs and they seem to be quite niche.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2021, 12:17 pm

Having to pay out-of-pocket to participate is too close to the exploitation of "pay-to-work" pyramid schemes.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 11:47 am

So is this like the Stanford Prison Experiment except in a work environment? Sounds scary.