Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 11:11 am

From a New York Times weekend briefing in my email:

Quote:
U.S. combat troops are out of Afghanistan. But the White House is trying to convince Afghans that the U.S. is not abandoning the country.

The military will help Afghan forces by teleconference.

Gotta love that Zoom! Husband and I about died laughing at this quote. (verbatim, by the way)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 1:18 pm

Yeah.

Its gonna be the Fall of Saigon all over again. No party admits to it, but all parties (the Taliban, the Kabul government, and the USA/allies) know it.

But both Afgan govt. and the Taliban also know that the US would come rushing back in if...after they retake Afghanistan, the Taliban were to allow the use their country to stage terrorist attacks against the US.

So...if I were the US backed Afghanistan government I would...hijack an American airliner and then fly it into the new World Trade Center...and then blame it on the Taliban. And ...start the 20 year war all over again! :D

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 1:25 pm

It sounds very efficient. I wonder if the local fire companies could follow that example and respond to fires using Zoom...they could even get rid of those noisy trucks! :wink:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 1:28 pm

Double Retired wrote:
It sounds very efficient. I wonder if the local fire companies could follow that example and respond to fires using Zoom...they could even get rid of those noisy trucks! :wink:

Call 911 to report a fire, receive a text message with a few water drop emojis followed by a survey asking for feedback on your fire department service experience.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2021, 2:40 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

Call 911 to report a fire, receive a text message with a few water drop emojis followed by a survey asking for feedback on your fire department service experience.

:lol:

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers