American Conservatives declaring war on school boards

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 7:42 am

Don't take my word for it

Fox news claims its the number 1 biggest issue in America

As a movement it's been organised and peddled by Fox news and conservatives looking for new scapegoats
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cr ... s-n1270794

Whenever politicians and the media interfere in the education system it never bodes well for that country.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 6:00 pm

Citizens who are well educated and can think for themselves are a threat to propaganda machines, so of course the next step for feeding the propaganda machine is to attack the mechanism by which citizens can learn to resist it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 7:18 pm

Thanks DW.

This further illustrates the danger of political movements, driven by ideology and conspiracy, attempting to infiltrate and interfere with early learning.

As somebody who works in the education sector I stand by my colleagues in the US and the teachers unions. Teachers are among the most under-appreciated members of the community, and among the most stressed. The last thing they need are sneaky underhanded GOP politicians agitating crazed parents to attack them for doing their jobs.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 7:41 pm

The hardest part of any teacher’s job is always the parents, isn’t it? I tried hard not to be one of “those” parents but I still think I had my moments …

Shame on politicians for riling up parents against schools.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 8:00 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
[...] Shame on politicians for riling up parents against schools.
Apparently, the evangelical/fundamentalist Christian leaders were no longer up to the task.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.