27 Jul 2021, 2:59 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Nades wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I've been noticing that these so called feminists hate trans women and men. They even got a film banned that only aired once in 1993 and it was Men Don't Tell. You can see it on YouTube. Only place you can watch it.

What's that got to do with men being sent to women's prisons when they aren't even trans to begin with? Or being sent to women's prisons if they have a history of abusing women?

Are you seriously saying trans women are not women? This is about TERFs being against trans going to women prisons.

BTW you are saying exactly what TERFs say when they argue against trans gender people. They say these exact words. They do not think trans women are women and think they are just men trying to get into women spaces.

I have no bias against TRANS people, however, TRANS women are TRANS women.
No more.
No less. 8)

To say they are the same as women born as women is self-evident/logical nonsense.
I just wanted to clear up this point.
I am new to the TRANS debate. 8)

The question is, do TRANS women have all the rights as women born as biological women?
I am waiting for more information before giving an opinion.
After all, this isn't a binary situation where you are either for or against. 8)

Yes trans women have the same rights as cis women. But the thing is they don't so hence why this is even a debate and political. They have fought to be allowed to use the women's restroom, fought to be treated like women and they still fight it. Hence why laws have also came out to protect trans women. Then that is how the new debate about trans women trying to get into women spaces started and the term "gender critical" was coined by TERFs. Before that, there was a debate about rather they should have the same rights as cis women and if they should be treated as real women. I remember that all on here and on Fetlife.

I think it's a bad idea to let trans women into female prisons. Rights of complete equality can be legally ignored under certain circumstances where a particular sex is in a situation that leaves them expecially vulnerable, like on a prison for example where you can't escape an abuser.

I been through the whole meat prison grinder before. 90% of prisoners are down to earth and friendly but those 10% who want to cause trouble won't think twice of doing something utterly horrific. I'm not on about the school bully type too. I'm talking considerably worse. They are after all prisons and the top 10% of bad prisoners are the stuff of nightmares and not comparable to the rough ones in general public.

Well you don't think transwomen in a male prison would be harrassed? I could see why actual transwomen would not want to be in male prison. Not sure the exact solution to stop like potentially fake transgender women from getting into womens prison...but I could for sure see mens prison not being the best place to house transgender women.

They could put the trans person in the medical ward and give them their own cell. I am pretty sure a trans woman would not feel comfortable undressing in front of a woman and being naked in front of her if she hadn't fully transitioned yet. This is the best they could do for a trans person to protect them from other prisoners from hostility.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 10:24 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Nades wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I've been noticing that these so called feminists hate trans women and men. They even got a film banned that only aired once in 1993 and it was Men Don't Tell. You can see it on YouTube. Only place you can watch it.

What's that got to do with men being sent to women's prisons when they aren't even trans to begin with? Or being sent to women's prisons if they have a history of abusing women?

Are you seriously saying trans women are not women? This is about TERFs being against trans going to women prisons.

BTW you are saying exactly what TERFs say when they argue against trans gender people. They say these exact words. They do not think trans women are women and think they are just men trying to get into women spaces.

No more.
No less. 8)

To say they are the same as women born as women is self-evident/logical nonsense.

The question is, do TRANS women have all the rights as women born as biological women?
After all, this isn't a binary situation where you are either for or against. 8)

Yes trans women have the same rights as cis women. But the thing is they don't so hence why this is even a debate and political. They have fought to be allowed to use the women's restroom, fought to be treated like women and they still fight it. Hence why laws have also came out to protect trans women. Then that is how the new debate about trans women trying to get into women spaces started and the term "gender critical" was coined by TERFs. Before that, there was a debate about rather they should have the same rights as cis women and if they should be treated as real women. I remember that all on here and on Fetlife.

I think it's a bad idea to let trans women into female prisons. Rights of complete equality can be legally ignored under certain circumstances where a particular sex is in a situation that leaves them expecially vulnerable, like on a prison for example where you can't escape an abuser.

I been through the whole meat prison grinder before. 90% of prisoners are down to earth and friendly but those 10% who want to cause trouble won't think twice of doing something utterly horrific. I'm not on about the school bully type too. I'm talking considerably worse. They are after all prisons and the top 10% of bad prisoners are the stuff of nightmares and not comparable to the rough ones in general public.

Well you don't think transwomen in a male prison would be harrassed? I could see why actual transwomen would not want to be in male prison. Not sure the exact solution to stop like potentially fake transgender women from getting into womens prison...but I could for sure see mens prison not being the best place to house transgender women.

They could put the trans person in the medical ward and give them their own cell. I am pretty sure a trans woman would not feel comfortable undressing in front of a woman and being naked in front of her if she hadn't fully transitioned yet. This is the best they could do for a trans person to protect them from other prisoners from hostility.

Serious question:
Do some Trans women still have an urge to use their penis on other women?
Inform me. 8)

Isn't this the concern the women's rights organisation have, or are they predominantly concerned about men *pretending* to be Trans women? 8)

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 10:28 pm

Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Nades wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No more.
No less. 8)

Serious question:
Inform me. 8)

Isn't this the concern the women's rights organisation have, or are they predominantly concerned about men *pretending* to be Trans women? 8)

If the concern is just about a possible attraction to women then lesbians shouldn't be allowed in women's prisons and gay men shouldn't be allowed in men's prisons. If someone doesn't have a history of sexual assault then I don't see how a possible attraction to women is even an issue, unless people still think that gay people are inherently predatory and cannot control themselves around the same sex.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 10:33 pm

Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Nades wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No more.
No less. 8)

Serious question:
Inform me. 8)

Well I figure if they are transitioning as a straight female then they would prefer men, but its not impossible some may be transitioning as lesbian women who'd prefer women. That said though sounds like it is more of an issue of potential insincere transgender women(men faking it) that are causing the main issue.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 10:53 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Nades wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No more.
No less. 8)

Serious question:
Inform me. 8)

If the concern is just about a possible attraction to women then lesbians shouldn't be allowed in women's prisons and gay men shouldn't be allowed in men's prisons. If someone doesn't have a history of sexual assault then I don't see how a possible attraction to women is even an issue, unless people still think that gay people are inherently predatory and cannot control themselves around the same sex.

Good points. :thumright:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 11:03 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Nades wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No more.
No less. 8)

Serious question:
Inform me. 8)

Well I figure if they are transitioning as a straight female then they would prefer men, but its not impossible some may be transitioning as lesbian women who'd prefer women. That said though sounds like it is more of an issue of potential insincere transgender women(men faking it) that are causing the main issue.

That is my best guess.

One way to show commitment is to have a snip & tuck, which should overcome any disingenuity.
If Trans women have had surgery, where is the justification of the Women's Rights organisation, in the prison context, apart from the possible power discrepancy, as in sports?

Reason would suggest the main concern would be with Trans women who haven't fully transitioned physically, apart from fake news Trans women.
Having a penis may cause some XX women distress.
Then again, some XX women might find it sexually "interesting".

I hope people can see that this is not a binary/black&white situation. 8)

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 2:59 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Nades wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No more.
No less. 8)

It is often the case that they're put into the medical ward or some other form segregation. Prisons do appear to protect them from attacks but protecting women from being attacked by a yet to fully transition prisoner is another matter all together. A lot of cells are shared and unfortunately the issue with undressing and nudity is always going to be a problem. One of the things that struck me hardest with prisons is the toe curling, and I really mean toe curling lack of privacy you have. No amount of politely asking or even rioting for more privacy will ever work.

Perhaps modern prisons are better but the 200 year old Victorian one I was on was a case of you get what you're given. You shower in groups of 20 and your toilet is 3 feet from your cell mates head and you have no other choice but to use it. Victorian prisons, or any older ones for that matter in any country were never built with comfort or privacy in mind and treating trans prisoners to their own cell and the ability to get undressed in privacy will aggravate everyone else who doesn't have the same privileges.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 11:17 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Nades wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No more.
No less. 8)

Serious question:
Inform me. 8)

Heterosexual men will sodomise other men, in gaol.
Where there is limited choice, you make do. 8)

Now, "bend over and squeal like a pig." :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 11:24 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily assume that person must be insincere (they may really view themselves as a bullish woman since presenting non-traditionally should be treated as an invalidating factor for transpeople and their identities) and if they are faking I'd say make 'em stick with it but either way they get solitary for the protection of other prisoners.

In fact I really wish anyone who sexually assaults another prisoner got solitary; it's not like this much attention is ever given to rape in male facilities but the state has an obligation to protect everyone in their custody from that issue regardless.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う