Women's rights group seeks halt to transgender prisoners

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 7:18 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
If I ever go to prison I'm going to claim to be a Masculine Presenting Trans-Gender Lesbian.

In addition, I will identify as being a native Australian, like bruce pascoe. 8)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 10:17 pm

hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I've been noticing that these so called feminists hate trans women and men. They even got a film banned that only aired once in 1993 and it was Men Don't Tell. You can see it on YouTube. Only place you can watch it.

What's that got to do with men being sent to women's prisons when they aren't even trans to begin with? Or being sent to women's prisons if they have a history of abusing women?

Are you seriously saying trans women are not women? This is about TERFs being against trans going to women prisons.

BTW you are saying exactly what TERFs say when they argue against trans gender people. They say these exact words. They do not think trans women are women and think they are just men trying to get into women spaces.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 12:22 am

League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I've been noticing that these so called feminists hate trans women and men. They even got a film banned that only aired once in 1993 and it was Men Don't Tell. You can see it on YouTube. Only place you can watch it.

What's that got to do with men being sent to women's prisons when they aren't even trans to begin with? Or being sent to women's prisons if they have a history of abusing women?

Are you seriously saying trans women are not women? This is about TERFs being against trans going to women prisons.

BTW you are saying exactly what TERFs say when they argue against trans gender people. They say these exact words. They do not think trans women are women and think they are just men trying to get into women spaces.

I have no bias against TRANS people, however, TRANS women are TRANS women.
No more.
No less. 8)

To say they are the same as women born as women is self-evident/logical nonsense.
I just wanted to clear up this point.
I am new to the TRANS debate. 8)

The question is, do TRANS women have all the rights as women born as biological women?
I am waiting for more information before giving an opinion.
After all, this isn't a binary situation where you are either for or against. 8)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 12:30 am

Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No more.
No less. 8)

To say they are the same as women born as women is self-evident/logical nonsense.

The question is, do TRANS women have all the rights as women born as biological women?
After all, this isn't a binary situation where you are either for or against. 8)

Yes trans women have the same rights as cis women. But the thing is they don't so hence why this is even a debate and political. They have fought to be allowed to use the women's restroom, fought to be treated like women and they still fight it. Hence why laws have also came out to protect trans women. Then that is how the new debate about trans women trying to get into women spaces started and the term "gender critical" was coined by TERFs. Before that, there was a debate about rather they should have the same rights as cis women and if they should be treated as real women. I remember that all on here and on Fetlife.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 12:30 am

Because of the actions of some, Trans women in general are in danger of assault and murder if sent to all male prisons.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 2:04 am

League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No more.
No less. 8)

Yes trans women have the same rights as cis women. But the thing is they don't so hence why this is even a debate and political. They have fought to be allowed to use the women's restroom, fought to be treated like women and they still fight it. Hence why laws have also came out to protect trans women. Then that is how the new debate about trans women trying to get into women spaces started and the term "gender critical" was coined by TERFs. Before that, there was a debate about rather they should have the same rights as cis women and if they should be treated as real women. I remember that all on here and on Fetlife.

I think it's a bad idea to let trans women into female prisons. Rights of complete equality can be legally ignored under certain circumstances where a particular sex is in a situation that leaves them expecially vulnerable, like on a prison for example where you can't escape an abuser.

I been through the whole meat prison grinder before. 90% of prisoners are down to earth and friendly but those 10% who want to cause trouble won't think twice of doing something utterly horrific. I'm not on about the school bully type too. I'm talking considerably worse. They are after all prisons and the top 10% of bad prisoners are the stuff of nightmares and not comparable to the rough ones in general public.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 2:29 am

Nades wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No more.
No less. 8)

I think it's a bad idea to let trans women into female prisons. Rights of complete equality can be legally ignored under certain circumstances where a particular sex is in a situation that leaves them expecially vulnerable, like on a prison for example where you can't escape an abuser.

I been through the whole meat prison grinder before. 90% of prisoners are down to earth and friendly but those 10% who want to cause trouble won't think twice of doing something utterly horrific. I'm not on about the school bully type too. I'm talking considerably worse. They are after all prisons and the top 10% of bad prisoners are the stuff of nightmares and not comparable to the rough ones in general public.

Well you don't think transwomen in a male prison would be harrassed? I could see why actual transwomen would not want to be in male prison. Not sure the exact solution to stop like potentially fake transgender women from getting into womens prison...but I could for sure see mens prison not being the best place to house transgender women.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 2:48 am

It would be interesting to consider whether a specific wing\cell block could be set aside for all "trans" people in a prison of their "pre-transition" gender, run under the same restrictions, etc. as all other inmates there are subject to, but that once they have finished transitioning (surgery, etc.) that they are then moved to the facility (general population) of a jail designated for their new gender.

This would, theroetically, provide the required protection both for those in the process of transitioning, as well as for the inmates of the new prison from those who claim to be "trans" simply in order to gain access to that facility\benefits this provides.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 2:58 am

Brictoria wrote:
It would be interesting to consider whether a specific wing\cell block could be set aside for all "trans" people in a prison of their "pre-transition" gender, run under the same restrictions, etc. as all other inmates there are subject to, but that once they have finished transitioning (surgery, etc.) that they are then moved to the facility (general population) of a jail designated for their new gender.

This would, theroetically, provide the required protection both for those in the process of transitioning, as well as for the inmates of the new prison from those who claim to be "trans" simply in order to gain access to that facility\benefits this provides.

I was kind of thinking perhaps something like that could be helpful.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 3:24 am

League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No .I'm saying that men who aren't trans, but say they are trans. They do it to take advantage of women or to take the piss.

I really do believe that some people are born in the wrong body and I have a lot of empathy for them. Biology is complex. There's going to be some mix ups along the way. Who of us are perfect?

It's the chancers taking advantage of the accomodations for those people to be unkind and abusive that I have an issue with.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:09 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Nades wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

No more.
No less. 8)

Well you don't think transwomen in a male prison would be harrassed? I could see why actual transwomen would not want to be in male prison. Not sure the exact solution to stop like potentially fake transgender women from getting into womens prison...but I could for sure see mens prison not being the best place to house transgender women.

They're not the best places for housing transgender women and they could be harassed but blending in among the interesting characters might not be that difficult for many trans. I think they're usually left alone if they don't make a huge scene just like everyone else. Drugs, gangs and debt is what gets people into trouble almost all of the time.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:16 am

Brictoria wrote:

It could work but I think it's not practical. People could be divided and subdivided into boxes all day long but space and money has the final say.

They divide people on sex and seriousness of the crime....sort of, here a low risk prisoner could be put in a much higher category prison but generally those two "boxes" keeps most people safe. A trans person will usually be left alone. If they are out into a separate trans wing then why not make an autistic wing or a skinny person wing?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 11:05 am

Brictoria wrote:

I was going to suggest exactly the same thing.
I wonder if the cost would make it prohibitive.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 11:15 am

We ought to just wall off NYC and turn it into a prison like in Escape from New York.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 11:16 am

League_Girl wrote:

Yes trans women have the same rights as cis women.

But should they?
I am not sure TRANS/XY women should compete with XX women in sports, as an example, for obvious reasons.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 11:18 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
We ought to just wall off NYC and turn it into a prison like in Escape from New York.

I have dibs on the eyepatch.
Just call me Snake. 8)