Trump sues Twitter and Facebook in class action

Page 5 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 8:26 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Pepe wrote:
You are misrepresenting and missing the point entirely. 8)

Then what is the point?

The hypocrisy involved. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 9:04 pm

Pepe wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
Pepe wrote:
You are misrepresenting and missing the point entirely. 8)

Then what is the point?

Free speech is an interesting area:
In one case, a bakery is expected to facilitate views (speech) the owners disagree with, and many support them being taken to court for failing to do so.
In another, a website is applauded by many of the same people for not facilitating views (speech) they disagree with, and they complain about a court case against this.

From what I have seen, the current cases aren't too strong, although there are potential ways in which they could be strengthened, particuarly in light of recent comments from the White house.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 9:53 pm

People in glass houses.....shouldn't be casting stones

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 11:00 pm

Pepe wrote:

What hypocrisy? Trump continually violated their terms of service. He was repeatedly warned to change his ways. He did not. He was banned. He snuck back in, and was banned again and again.
It's surprising that they allowed it to go on for as long as they did.

If they willingly allow him to spread his hate and destruction, they are legally accountable for any and all damages, and their reputation is dragged through the mud.
Currently, they are protected by Section 230, but Trump was trying to get that taken away...which would have meant Twitter would have been sued into oblivion, and Trump would've lost his podium anyway.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 11:51 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Pepe wrote:

What hypocrisy? Trump continually violated their terms of service. He was repeatedly warned to change his ways. He did not. He was banned. He snuck back in, and was banned again and again.

If they willingly allow him to spread his hate and destruction, they are legally accountable for any and all damages, and their reputation is dragged through the mud.
Currently, they are protected by Section 230, but Trump was trying to get that taken away...which would have meant Twitter would have been sued into oblivion, and Trump would've lost his podium anyway.

Lip service from so-called impartial individuals :roll:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 9:38 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Pepe wrote:

As mentioned previously, there are other villanous characters on facebook that are not censored, despite it being pointed out, seemingly due to political considerations.

BTW,
Just to clear things up.
Are you seriously saying you think that twitter and facebook *don't* have a left-wing bias? :scratch:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 11:21 pm

Pepe wrote:
As mentioned previously, there are other villanous characters on facebook that are not censored, despite it being pointed out, seemingly due to political considerations.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 4:48 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Pepe wrote:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

"BTW,
Just to clear things up.
Are you seriously saying you think that twitter and facebook *don't* have a left-wing bias? "

Not I hard question to answer.
Well, for most of us. 8)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Jul 2021, 4:16 pm

Trump continually violated their terms of service, that's why he was banned. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
Well, for most of us. 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 7:00 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Trump continually violated their terms of service, that's why he was banned. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
Well, for most of us. 8)

And now he's just "playing the victim" all over again as if
Facebook and Twitter have always seemingly betrayed him from the start.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 9:07 pm

Pepe wrote:
"BTW,
Just to clear things up.
Are you seriously saying you think that twitter and facebook *don't* have a left-wing bias? "

Well, for most of us. 8)

I thought maybe you accidentally asked that question to the wrong person, because I never said anything about it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 12:41 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Pepe wrote:
"BTW,
Just to clear things up.

Well, for most of us. 8)

I thought maybe you accidentally asked that question to the wrong person, because I never said anything about it.

So, where do you stand, in regard to what I have asked? :scratch:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 8:27 am

So ... has Trump shut down FB&T yet?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.