Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2021, 3:51 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/haiti-president-jovenel-mo%C3%AFse-assassinated-in-middle-of-the-night-attack-at-his-home/ar-AALSBn8?ocid=uxbndlbing

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 8:01 am

Did he have dirt on Hillary?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 5:47 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

Wouldn't know. I did hear that one of the suspects is a U.S. citizen.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 5:53 pm

So terrible.
I'm not about to assume he was an upstanding paragon of public service, but this is hardly something Haiti needs right now.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 6:17 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

More likely on Bill,

AND, on Trump, and on Bill Gates, and on Prince Andrew, and anyfamousmalepersonyoucanthinkof, and on Santa Clause, and on...

because he once hung out with the late Jeffery Epstein. :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 8:06 am

Haiti assassination allegedly involved Americans and retired members of Colombian military, officials say

Quote:
The armed group who assassinated Haiti's President, Jovenel Moise, were "professional killers" consisting of more than two dozen people, including two American citizens and retired members of the Colombian military, authorities have said.

But as more details begin to emerge of the people who killed Moise early Wednesday morning, little is known about the suspected masterminds and their motivation for the attack.

Police have so far detained 17 suspects in connection to the fatal shooting and a mass, country-wide manhunt is underway for at least eight additional suspects.

Haitian officials have given conflicting accounts and numbers for those killed following the assassination attack. Citing figures from Haitian police, the office of acting Prime Minister Claude Joseph told CNN that three suspects were killed in a shootout with authorities.
As the pursuit of those responsible intensifies, details have emerged relating to the arrest of 11 armed men in the grounds of the Taiwan embassy in the capital Port-au-Prince on Thursday.

With tension high in the capital, crowds of people took to the streets Thursday night, burning cars and demanding justice. For weeks, Port-au-Prince has been reeling from violence which has claimed the lives of many citizens. Moise's death has left a power vacuum and deepened the turmoil from the violence, a growing humanitarian crisis, and a worsening Covid-19 epidemic.

Much of the public anger has so far centered on the foreign nationals arrested in connection to the shooting

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 8:00 pm

Poor Haiti, it’s had more than its share of troubles.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 8:06 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Poor Haiti, it’s had more than its share of troubles.

France invested great effort into ensuring Haiti would never succeed. The US and UK helped.

Haiti won their freedom but was forced by those three to pay France for 'her losses', basically the Haitians paid for their freedom in blood and still had to pay in cash.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 8:10 pm

I remember the Duvalier family, Papa Doc and baby Doc from the news.And necklacing, what a horrific death.