Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2021, 6:52 pm

Why do I have symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder when I am manic?

I only have symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder when I am manic. It's like me being delusional for only a few weeks about having intelligence and then when I am in a normal mood, I stop being delusion related to grandiosity.

I know that I said that I am no longer delusional, but I might become very grandiose if I become manic again, but I hope that does not happen, since I am taking the right medications.

It's very strange, because Bipolar Disorder is a mood disorder, but you can have an overly inflated ego when in a manic state.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 2:26 am

don't play

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 2:27 am

meh jus4 dipsy

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 2:36 am

Because mania tends to involve an inflated ego compared to baseline.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 11:03 am

It makes sense. It just that it is a mood disorder, but inflated ego felt like a personality.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 12:44 pm

FranzOren wrote:
It makes sense. It just that it is a mood disorder, but inflated ego felt like a personality.

Moods influence how one's personality is expressed; they can impact one's self-perception of who they are and this causes behaviour changes.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 12:48 pm

It makes sense.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 12:25 pm

also I think NPD version is a bigger issue, as they force their false ego insanity on others, for example the witch hunt from Sam.

It seems increasingly clear to me the blunders on the vid are in large part due to Sams narcissism, thinking his views on autism are correct when they are not. To be clear Sam is an admitted narccisist, even on this vid, which makes his assimilation of the two a lot more tolerable to me, at least in his own case.

I want to ask sam why he needs a humungous drink to talk about autim, and who was flailing about in his description.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 1:09 pm

I think he gets scared and drinks to cope.