Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 6:30 am

Trump claims he knows who shot Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump said protesters from the Jan. 6 Capitol riot are being treated "unbelievably unfairly" in comparison with antifa and claimed he knows who shot Ashli Babbitt.

A U.S. Capitol Police officer shot and killed Babbitt, a 35-year-old Air Force veteran and Trump supporter, as she tried to climb through a broken door inside the building.

"People are being treated unbelievably unfairly when you look at people in prison, and nothing happens to antifa, and they burn down cities and killed people," Trump said Wednesday during a press conference announcing a class-action lawsuit against Facebook and Twitter. "There were no guns in the Capitol ... except for the gun that shot Ashli Babbitt, and nobody knows who that man were [sic]."

"If that were the opposite way, that man would be all over — he would be the most well-known — and I believe I can say 'man' because I believe I know exactly who it is — but he would be the most well-known person in this country, in the world," Trump added.

Conservatives post the name of Ashli Babbitt's alleged shooter on social media after Trump invokes Capitol rioter
Quote:
Six months after the riot at the US Capitol, conservatives - encouraged by former President Donald Trump - are spamming social media with the alleged name of the police officer who shot Ashli Babbitt.

On Wednesday, multiple top posts on a fringe far-right message board called for "justice" for Babbitt and shared the alleged name of her shooter. One post, which was one of the site's most popular threads of the last 24 hours with more than 3,000 likes, called for the arrest of the officer.

One Twitter user shared the alleged name of Babbitt's shooter on Wednesday and questioned why he hasn't been "tried or arrested" yet, reaching 8,200 likes and nearly 3,000 retweets. It was not immediately clear whether this violated Twitter's Terms of Service. A Twitter representative did not immediately return a request for comment.

British talk show host Piers Morgan wrote an article for the DailyMail published Wednesday in which he claimed to know the identity of the shooter - though he did not reveal it - and said the name must be released to the public for the sake of "transparency," no matter whether you believe Babbitt was a "traitor or a patriot."

Babbitt, a 35-year-old Air Force veteran with a history of sharing far-right conspiracy theories like QAnon online, was one of five people who died as a result of the riot in Washington. During the riot, an officer shot Babbitt in the left shoulder as she attempted to surge through a broken window and pass into the Capitol building, according to The New York Times.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) declined to bring criminal charges against the officer after it found in an investigation that he did not violate Babbitt's rights. Insider is not sharing the name of the alleged officer, as it has not been verified.

In response to the renewed interest in Babbitt's death, many Twitter users criticized conservatives for treating the rioter like a martyr.

"Conservatives arguing that Ashli Babbitt was unjustly shot & demanding the name of the officer who killed her confirms that they believe the role of police is to murder Black people," the grassroots activist @BreeNewsome wrote on Twitter.

Just shoot them’: Trump wanted military to ‘crack skulls’ of George Floyd protesters, book claims
Quote:
An excerpt from the book claims that on 1 June 2020, amid a nationwide uproar following the death of Mr Floyd, Mr Trump told military officials that to “handle” protesters they needed to “crack their skulls”.

“Trump told his team that he wanted the military to go in and ‘beat the f*** out’ of the protesters. ‘Just shoot them,’” the book titled, Frankly, We Did Win This Election’: The Inside Story of How Trump Lost, alleges.

When Mr Trump purportedly received pushback from officials within the administration on his violent stance, he allegedly said: “Well, shoot them in the leg – or maybe the foot… But be hard on them!”

If you like woke, if you like “defund/abolish the police”, if you agree that racism determines everything in America, if you agree with Antifa that publicly posting the names of people you disagree with is a good thing, you have no better friends then Trump and his cult. If like me you don’t like those things you are guilty by association because the Trumpian’s also say they do not like those things, and gird yourself to live in a woke society because every time they do this that becomes more likely.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman