Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 10:56 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
If Hitler had put on canvas what he was feeling inside, all the rage and turmoil, instead of what he saw around him, then he might have produced some great art.

Thanks, I'll try that myself some day.
Perhaps it's much better to make some good art, than to discuss politics...

It also gets a psychiatrist really excited if you show them some of it.Mine said it was better than a Rorschach test.lol

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 10:57 am

My younger brother is a computer animator. He had to display significantly better drawing skills than Adolf Hitler just to be admitted to Animation school - even though drawing by hand is done much less often in animation today.

So what may seem as "brilliant" to outsiders could very well be bland and uninspired to a professional art teacher.

And amateur paintings of famous city landmarks were probably a dime a dozen in Vienna (and other European capitals filled with artistic hopefuls) at the beginning of the 20th century.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 11:53 am

Hitler wasn’t “unjustly discriminated against.”

He just wasn’t all that great in art.

He probably should have stayed in the military. He didn’t do so bad during WW 1.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 1:01 pm

Maybe he should have taken up their suggestion and became an architect.It’s possible he could have excelled in that field.We can only speculate.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 2:14 pm

No one listens to my music, I suppose it's time to start planning genocide? :chin:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 4:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
No one listens to my music, I suppose it's time to start planning genocide? :chin:

Read my OP again. I'm not excusing genocide.
And I don't have any sympathy towards Hitler, at all.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 5:15 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Read my OP again. I'm not excusing genocide.
And I don't have any sympathy towards Hitler, at all.

So how much blame do you feel the art establishment should bear for what unfolded because someone failed to get into art school? Many people fail to get into art school without ever leading genocidal movements.

Read your own OP again and see if you still think it's defensible.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 5:23 pm

Look at this painting:

It is a painting by Adolf Hitler. And whatever one thinks of Hitler, you cannot avoid the fact that he was - indeed - a briliant artist. At least, way better than any contemporary abstract painters.

This was painted before he came to power, and one of the reasons he wanted to mass-murder the left wing artists, is exactly because despite Hitler being a good artist, who could paint details at a very high level of quality, he wasn't accepted in the arts academy in Vienna.

- Simply because the abstract artists had couped the entire arts community and will accept no traditional art.

This behavior exists very much today. The abstract artists claim to be "ubermensch", when in-fact they are the opposite: Inferior artists. They are inferior to the traditional artists.

In the good ol' days when you had a sculptor carving something out of a rock, he'd take months or years to complete his work, and he'd make a lot of details.

Today, the artists do not work, they just take a rock from it's natural place in nature, and place it somewhere in the city park and have the State pay billions of dollars for this rock, money they've taken from the ordinary citizens - by force and threat of imprisonment (it's called "taxation") only to pay for this inferior shit-"art"!

If you want to know how to make a mass-murdering right wing psychopath dictator, the left wing academia know how to do it...

I'm not excusing Hitler and his genocide. But you have to understand that the Left has their share in this too!

When you bully a victim and keep him out of the good society, even though he have proven himself to be a worthy member of the society, you're responsible for the victim's future crimes of vengeance, too.

You're as guilty as the offender.

It depends on what the offender did. In the case of Hitler this argument is ludicrous. Bullying does not conflate with genocide and igniting a world war.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 5:30 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
It depends on what the offender did. In the case of Hitler this argument is ludicrous. Bullying does not conflate with genocide and igniting a world war.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who read the OP and realized how absurd it was.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 9:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
It was obvious from the pic that he was skilled draftsman. But I see no sign of him being "brilliant artist".

Depends how you define "art."

What makes something great "art"? Great skill? Great originality? Something else?

Traditionally, "art" meant essentially the same thing as "skilled trades." Eventually it came to mean more than that.

In practice, "art" is whatever a person (or an institution) who spends money on "art" is willing to pay for. And this, to a large degree, depends on what happens to be fashionable among rich folks in a given time and place.

(Of course, being an unsuccessful artist is no excuse for murdering people.)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Jul 2021, 5:12 am

funeralxempire wrote:

People don't appreciate me playing guitar. Let's do it together! :skull:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 5:48 am

Raise them as a homeschooled Christian child that you feed all your propaganda to because you didn't really want a child you just wanted a vessel to control....at least that may be one way.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 5:49 am

I mean Hitler was the original evil genius like it or not...for sure do not support the guy, but at the same time he was not a stupid person it is kind of a good thing that war strategy was not is strong point but he had such dictatorship authority he wouldn't even listen about problems with his plans. So I mean lucky for the allies he was not a good war stragitizer but was so full of himself he would not listen to military people that had actually been on the field.

Then of course there was the French resistance continuously taking out their supply trains, by bombing them.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 12:24 pm

That painting shows that he would NOT have been a trailblazing artist.Illustrator maybe, but not a great "artist" to rival Picasso, say.

But it also shows that he might well have made a good architect.

He was more sensitive to buildings than to people (the academy that turned him down even said that).

In fact...

Hitler might have rivalled the stature of THIS architect ...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 12:48 pm

In the mid 19th century China a certain young man named Xuan Xinquan flunked out of school, and thus lost all hope to make it into the traditional Chinese civil service.

That prompted him to kinda loose it, and ...he became a kind of Chinese David Koresh. Became convinced that he was "the younger brother of Jesus Christ" a started Branch Davidian type cult based upon a distorted form of Christianity. It gained strength- and evolved into a political movement that started a major civil war that ravaged all of China, and drew in armies from Britain and France. A 14 year long war that cost more lives than the first world war, and was second only the second world war in loss of life.

Flunking out of school, or not being accepted in school, is not an excuse to -bath the world in blood.

But on the other hand you do wonder about how certain notorious and infamous individuals might have achieved positive fame had they only found the right outlet.

Have thought about this while watching "Battlebots" on TV. :lol:

A coworker once suggest that "Ted Kozinski might have never become the Unabomber if he had only gotten involved with Battlebots".

Later it occurred to me that the disgraced athlete, Micheal Vic, might have promptly quit dog fighting if he had also gotten involved with Battlebots".

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 1:28 pm

magz wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

People don't appreciate me playing guitar. Let's do it together! :skull:

I'm down. Do you know any songs by the Ramones? 8)

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う