You are not authorised to read this forum

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jul 2021, 10:13 pm

I'm suddenly getting that page & message when I click on any watched post notification that I received in my email. If I preform a search for the posts they do not show up in the results. However if I go into the section that the posts were in, they show up.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

11 Jul 2021, 7:31 am

Sounds like it might be caused by posts that were removed, but the source link of the post was incorrectly left in place.
Please PM me with some example links showing the issue.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jul 2021, 2:16 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Sounds like it might be caused by posts that were removed, but the source link of the post was incorrectly left in place.
Please PM me with some example links showing the issue.
I thought so too at 1st but it was at least 6 posts across at least 3 different sections, I quit trying after that. Those threads also did not show up when I performed searches for them in the search box on here. Other threads showed up but not those even though they were on the 1st page. I found them very quickly when I actually started looking through the pages myself. I also later had that error message when I was was going to post a reply to a thread. I clicked Reply & instead of showing me a space to type one, I got that error. I gave WP a break for the night after that & ATM everything seems to be working normally. Those same 6 links now work & those posts also showed up in the search box when searching for them. I musta happened to be on at really bad time for the site. Maybe WP or it's server was having an overload or something. WP does have lots of random weird glitches that suddenly happen for a while & then quit happening. Hopefully this won't be one of those regularly recurring 1s. Thanx for the offer to PM you Cornflake, I'll def let you know if I start noticing the issue again.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

11 Jul 2021, 3:32 pm

Well, I hope it's just a glitch! :lol:
I've experienced a few - one where a subscribed thread gets updated but I don't receive an alert, even though I'm still shown as subscribed to the thread and all other subscriptions were still sending alerts Ok.
That self-corrected in a short time for no obvious reason - I hadn't changed a thing.

There was a similar post here in May on the "not authorised" issue but that was definitely caused by a post being removed - the forum software has no way of "un-sending" a thread update alert so if one was sent and then the post generating the alert got removed, clicking on the link in the alert message would certainly generate the "not authorised" message.