How could any American ever vote republican again?

Page 8 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 12:54 am

auntblabby wrote:
consumer reports did a beer comparison test and said molsen golden was #1 in terms of overall flavor and body. but there is some kinda ganger-esque thing going on with the distribution of it here in amuuuurica, it is only available on the east coast and it may not be shipped to anybody out west. if one wants to taste it, one must go back east. or up north to canada.

Wtf is molson golden? :?

I've legit never heard of it. Googled. Nope, don't recognize that label at all - no version of it. I don't think I've ever seen it in a liquor store/bar anywhere in BC or anywhere else I've ever been in my life.

The typical molson product sold everywhere = molson canadian.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 1:11 am

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
consumer reports did a beer comparison test and said molsen golden was #1 in terms of overall flavor and body. but there is some kinda ganger-esque thing going on with the distribution of it here in amuuuurica, it is only available on the east coast and it may not be shipped to anybody out west. if one wants to taste it, one must go back east. or up north to canada.

Wtf is molson golden? :? I've legit never heard of it. Googled. Nope, don't recognize that label at all - no version of it. I don't think I've ever seen it in a liquor store/bar anywhere in BC or anywhere else I've ever been in my life. The typical molson product sold everywhere = molson canadian.

Molson Golden is a unique blend of ale and lager that delivers the spicy, fruity flavors of ale, combined with the clean, crisp, refreshing qualities of a lager. 5% ABV.
https://www.binnys.com/beer/ales/molson-golden-821282

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 1:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Wtf is molson golden? :? I've legit never heard of it. Googled. Nope, don't recognize that label at all - no version of it. I don't think I've ever seen it in a liquor store/bar anywhere in BC or anywhere else I've ever been in my life. The typical molson product sold everywhere = molson canadian.

Molson Golden is a unique blend of ale and lager that delivers the spicy, fruity flavors of ale, combined with the clean, crisp, refreshing qualities of a lager. 5% ABV.

Not in BC.. https://www.bcliquorstores.com/product- ... esc&page=1

Never heard of it before this thread. It's probably a marketing creation to sell in the USA and say "This is what Canadian beer is, buy it!" and it's just the leftovers from the ends of each batch of lager & ale mixed together for export South..

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 1:29 am

mebbe canada has a similar gangster distribution or sphere of influence thing going where it is only available on the eastern parts of both america and canada? :scratch:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 1:30 am

in any case that stuff is on my bucket list, if only i could find somebody who i could pay to buy me the stuff and ship it to me. no company will let me buy it and ship it out west.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 1:36 am

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Not in BC.. https://www.bcliquorstores.com/product- ... esc&page=1

Never heard of it before this thread. It's probably a marketing creation to sell in the USA and say "This is what Canadian beer is, buy it!" and it's just the leftovers from the ends of each batch of lager & ale mixed together for export South..

Nope, it's a product they've sold since the mid-50s. It's been discontinued in Canada at times but still exported. Canadian, Golden and Export were Molson's big three.

https://www.beeretseq.com/molson-golden-ale/

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 8:40 am

It sounds good but I’ll probably never get to sample it.
All I’ve had was Moosehead.I remember when it first went on sale here and the advertisement was, “ The moose is loose in Arkansas!”

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 11:16 am

Moosehead is ok, but just like almost all basic lagers, it’s nothing special. IMO

Waaaaaaay rather have some flavourful craft beer. Something fruity, or chocolatey, or nutty, or hoppy, or sour etc etc there’s a Zillion different amaaaaazing tasting beers out there from all over the world, why stick to the most basic of basics?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 11:20 am

goldfish21 wrote:
[...] Waaaaaaay rather have some flavourful craft beer. Something fruity, or chocolatey, or nutty, or hoppy, or sour etc etc there’s a Zillion different amaaaaazing tasting beers out there from all over the world, why stick to the most basic of basics?
Why not buy a kit and brew your own?  It is easy!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 11:26 am

I have.
I don’t like beer that taste like chocolate, blueberry, cream, pumpkin, citrus or sweet,etc.I like the bite of hops ,but not overwhelming.
Just give me a good lager or pilsner.I am officially boring.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 11:30 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Moosehead is ok, but just like almost all basic lagers, it’s nothing special. IMO

Waaaaaaay rather have some flavourful craft beer. Something fruity, or chocolatey, or nutty, or hoppy, or sour etc etc there’s a Zillion different amaaaaazing tasting beers out there from all over the world, why stick to the most basic of basics?

Why drink beer at all when you can distill out the good stuff and mix it with something tasty instead? :hic:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 3:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
[...] Waaaaaaay rather have some flavourful craft beer. Something fruity, or chocolatey, or nutty, or hoppy, or sour etc etc there’s a Zillion different amaaaaazing tasting beers out there from all over the world, why stick to the most basic of basics?
Why not buy a kit and brew your own?  It is easy!

I made a couple batches of wine when I had my own place. Gave away all the gear a couple years ago as my landlords, aka parental units, don’t want the smell of brewing wine or beer here at home. My dad even used to home brew beers but in the mid 80’s. If I wanted to save a lot of money on beers I’d do a U-brew batch somewhere - trouble is you have to drink it fast or it spoils.

Beer is super expensive here. $8-16/6-pack.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 3:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Why drink beer at all when you can distill out the good stuff and mix it with something tasty instead? :hic:

I don’t mix spirits with al pay anything ever. No pop or juice or water or typically even ice. Once in a while a twist of lime, but whether whiskey or vodka or gin or rum I just pour a splash in a snifter or a rocks glass and sip it neat. 8)

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 6:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I don’t mix spirits with al pay anything ever. No pop or juice or water or typically even ice. Once in a while a twist of lime, but whether whiskey or vodka or gin or rum I just pour a splash in a snifter or a rocks glass and sip it neat. 8)

If you can find it, Gerst Amber Ale from Yazoo Brewing Company is by far the finest that has ever crossed my taste buds.

Whiskey? Well...you can’t go wrong with black label Jack Daniel’s old #7. Glenlivet 18 year is fine stuff. Macallan 21 is on my bucket list, though.

But...by far the single most interesting and tasty hard liquor I’ve had for casual drinking was Revanche cognac. Liquor tastes best when there’s a story behind it. I was working two part-time gigs and was becoming increasingly agitated and dissatisfied. My boss in particular was prone to temper tantrums—have I ever mentioned I work in churches? That was a bad enough sign, but over time I gained his confidence and he started taking his frustrations out on volunteers. So between the bitties complaining about how we don’t use the pipe organ and shooting down every piece of advice I offered when I was asked, and being humiliated year after year at my other contract job, I was in an overall deep funk. When I came to my senses, I made a trip to the liquor store where I first heard about Revanche, which I’d seen advertised. “Revanche” means “revenge.” Over time, I drained the bottle and have craved more ever since. It wasn’t long after before my wife became pregnant, suffered a miscarriage, became pregnant again, we both quit all of our jobs, and began a new life.

I associate the taste of Revanche with a new sense of determination I gained from being in such a dark place for so many years. I’m abstaining from all alcohol at the moment, but I do look forward to stocking up a few of the nicer things I enjoy the most.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 1:06 am

i must be the only person here who prefers mellow non-bitter beer served ice-cold.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 1:07 am

No I'm not a big fan of bitters. Much prefer mellow ales.