How could any American ever vote republican again?

Page 10 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 2:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i wish current tech allowed me to have molsen golden.

Lol well I am just drinking Genesee beers, they are not great but it's beer. I find them a little better with some lime or lemon juice and a little beer salt. But so if the tech did exist that is what I'd have to pass over...

But I think I did have Molsen golden one time and it was pretty good, so I can see why you'd want more of that beer.

it has never been sold in my part of the country.

Well what part do you live in?... unless I am mistaking I have seen Molson Golden from time to time here in Colorado. unless I am just mistaking one of the other Molson beers for it, but pretty sure it was that one.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 2:17 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i wish current tech allowed me to have molsen golden.

Lol well I am just drinking Genesee beers, they are not great but it's beer. I find them a little better with some lime or lemon juice and a little beer salt. But so if the tech did exist that is what I'd have to pass over...

But I think I did have Molsen golden one time and it was pretty good, so I can see why you'd want more of that beer.

it has never been sold in my part of the country.

Well what part do you live in?... unless I am mistaking I have seen Molson Golden from time to time here in Colorado. unless I am just mistaking one of the other Molson beers for it, but pretty sure it was that one.

western washington. am pretty sure there is some kind of distribution agreement or contract that prevents its distribution here. you can't even buy it online here.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 2:46 am

I've just had my last Pfizer shot so no drinkies for me for at least 3 days :cry:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 2:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
I've just had my last Pfizer shot so no drinkies for me for at least 3 days :cry:

i didn't know alky was contraindicated. there is a long list of things i will have to keep in mine if and when i get my shot. please let us know if you have major side fx.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 2:50 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

i didn't know alky was contraindicated. there is a long list of things i will have to keep in mine if and when i get my shot. please let us know if you have major side fx.

That's what I thought Blabs. Unfortunately the recommendation by GPs is to avoid alcohol for a few days just as a precaution, In theory you would have to get really drunk to muck around with suppressing white blood cell production but I don't want to risk it. I hate to wait ages to get this shot.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 3:34 am

i still don't know whether to $#!+ or go blind regarding this GD covid shot.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 4:57 am

auntblabby wrote:

Ahh it's just a few days, no sweat

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 5:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

the one i prefer, the "one and done" J & J, just has too many scary side fx for old geezers like me. i HATE the thought of having to get multiple shots, each with nasty side fx symptoms.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 5:26 am

cyberdad wrote:

What are you talking about?

I got both phizers. They didnt tell me not drink.

And even if they did...I dont drink beer often enough for that to be a sacrifice anyway.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 5:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

the one i prefer, the "one and done" J & J, just has too many scary side fx for old geezers like me. i HATE the thought of having to get multiple shots, each with nasty side fx symptoms.

We have the COVID19 delta variant in Australia so it's not the end. There's a Moderna booster shot so...number 3 :roll:
At the moment Moderna isn't available.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 5:34 am

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

What are you talking about?

I got both phizers. They didnt tell me not drink.

And even if they did...I dont drink beer often enough for that to be a sacrifice anyway.

Yes its more of an unwritten recommendation. I agree it probably won't make a difference but GPs are suggesting staying
abstinent for at least a few days just as a precaution
Part of the problem is that heavy drinking is not safe after the jab, so I don't want to wake up tomorrow and see on the news actually even 1 drink can intefere with vaccine efficacy.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/27/well ... ccine.html

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2021, 2:17 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fauci-cpac-vaccines_n_60eb70f6e4b0cb627483a9ae?d_id=2379287&ncid_tag=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=us_politics&fbclid=IwAR2GzqmxfZjYu1Pc0RJMn_RqfDc2nvqumwwyU8crXa6ixFZV_9Xyi7zBwjM

republicans are literally killing people by advising against getting a covid-19 vaccine. How could anyone vote for any member of that party at either a state or federal level ever again? :? Like wtf? Why would people let that slide? Oh, you discouraged people from accepting scientific fact during a pandemic and the result was that a lot more people died for no reason and you want me to vote for you? Hmmmm, let me think about that... how about NO! 8O

As someone who is mostly on the political "right" myself, I find it unfortunate that there is a section of the right that has always been opposed to vaccines. I also think that there are some on the right who are opposed to this particular vaccine for largely partisan reasons.

However, what I also find unfortunate is that so many people continue to buy into the false dichotomy that mainstream politics offers.

I mean, if there are people on the political left who are concerned about covid, I'd ask of them whether they've simply forgotten about the following-

- Leftists/Democrats arguing against combating the spread of covid via tighter US border controls on the ground that tighter border controls would be racist
- Leftists/Democrats joining in the chorus instructing people not to bother with masks before doing a 180 degree turn and telling people they should wear masks
- Leftists/Democracts claiming that the BLM "protests" did not increase the spread of covid (and that anyway "racism" was the real public health emergency), and then later claiming that anti-lockdown protests were superspreader events
- Leftists/Democracts ridiculing Trump for claiming a vaccine would be ready within a year, and leftists/Democracts (like Kamala Harris) saying they wouldn't take a vaccine that Trump recommended.

(And if anyone wants to dismiss this as "whataboutism", please take a minute to think about it - this stuff is clearly relevant to the thread.)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 2:27 pm

She also said she would take one that a physician recommended.
I wouldn’t take a shot a politician ( of any party)told me to take, they aren’t medical experts.
Trump was recommending Lysol or Bleach shots for covid.Glad I didn’t do what he said.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 2:44 pm

Cant believe in 2021 people are still tribal on republican / democrat.

Any smart person will tell you they are both two sides of the same coin in the oligarchy fake democracy.

- George Bernie Shaw

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 3:31 pm

carlos55 wrote:
Cant believe in 2021 people are still tribal on Republican / Democrat.  Any smart person will tell you they are both two sides of the same coin in the oligarchy fake democracy.
Just like the Conservative Party and the Labour Party.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 6:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
Cant believe in 2021 people are still tribal on Republican / Democrat.  Any smart person will tell you they are both two sides of the same coin in the oligarchy fake democracy.
Just like the Conservative Party and the Labour Party.

Yes true though still the remains of the temporary blip with brexit with the fault lines between remain and leave, when Boris leaves it will go back to being both sides of the same coin again.

- George Bernie Shaw