Do men dismiss feminism as bad too much?

Page 7 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2021, 2:32 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
Regardless of what a man or a woman does there is no justification to hate, have contempt or have prejudices against an entire gender. I've met gross men and I've met gross women and to me they are equally disgusting but it's not okay to hate an entire gender just because of what one or a couple of said gender does or did. Also, women can be just as dangerous as men(I have personally witnessed it myself).

If 100% men and women I've seen so far are gross, isn't it practical to just assume they all are? Can you give me an example of one who isn't disgusting?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 3:46 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
Regardless of what a man or a woman does there is no justification to hate, have contempt or have prejudices against an entire gender. I've met gross men and I've met gross women and to me they are equally disgusting but it's not okay to hate an entire gender just because of what one or a couple of said gender does or did. Also, women can be just as dangerous as men(I have personally witnessed it myself).
If 100% men and women I've seen so far are gross, isn't it practical to just assume they all are?
No, it is not.  We do not know if the 100% you mentioned is one person, a hundred, a thousand, or even if it is a sizeable enough sample to accurately represent the 328.2 million (or more) people living in America.
StrayCat81 wrote:
Can you give me an example of one who isn't disgusting?
Well, I do not know about you, but no one has called me disgusting since Boot Camp.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 30 Jul 2021, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 3:50 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

If 100% men and women I've seen so far are gross, isn't it practical to just assume they all are? Can you give me an example of one who isn't disgusting?

Well if you think all men and women are gross and disgusting, why are you here talking to men and women if we are all so disgusting? And what about intersex people are they disgusting to?

Also, what traits would a person have to have, for you not to consider them gross or disgusting? I need to know that before I could possible give an example of a not disgusting person.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 3:52 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I think a lot of the modern crowd of "women's rights" is misandrist, though.

I think that it is a smaller segment of the modern crowd.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2021, 4:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
No, it is not.  We do not know if the 100% you mentioned is one, a hundred, a thousand, or even if it is a sizeable enough sample to accurately represent the 328.2 million (or more) people living in America

I'm sure it will be way over 1000 right now, so decent sample. And always happy to enlarge it.

Fnord wrote:
Well, I do not know about you, but no one has called me disgusting since Boot Camp.[/color]

Hmm, what do you think makes you not disgusting? I mean, you are a human, so big ego, violence, cruelty, narcissism, arrogance, hypocrisy, grandiosity, tribalism, sex obsession, greed, all that funny human stuff applies to you, yes?

Quote:
Well if you think all men and women are gross and disgusting, why are you here talking to men and women if we are all so disgusting? And what about intersex people are they disgusting to?

My brain needs stimulation, and there is nothing else to talk to. Humans might be disgusting, but they still have useful knowledge. As for intersex, I don't think I know any, but seeking them out in order to check if they are as terrible as women/men would probably not be very nice... :3

Quote:
Also, what traits would a person have to have, for you not to consider them gross or disgusting?

It's about not having gross human traits (gave some examples above). It's usually easier to give positive examples, there are many, so let's say pigs. Pigs tend to be way nicer than humans.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 4:26 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
No, it is not.  We do not know if the 100% you mentioned is one, a hundred, a thousand, or even if it is a sizeable enough sample to accurately represent the 328.2 million (or more) people living in America.
I'm sure it will be way over 1000 right now, so decent sample. And always happy to enlarge it.
That is only 0.000305%; hardly a significant number.  Let me know if it ever gets to 71% or greater.
StrayCat81 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Well, I do not know about you, but no one has called me disgusting since Boot Camp.
Hmm, what do you think makes you not disgusting?
Nothing.  However, there are certainly a lot of people who seem to have deluded themselves into believing that their opinions of other people have any relevance.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 30 Jul 2021, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 4:29 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
No, it is not.  We do not know if the 100% you mentioned is one, a hundred, a thousand, or even if it is a sizeable enough sample to accurately represent the 328.2 million (or more) people living in America

Fnord wrote:
Well, I do not know about you, but no one has called me disgusting since Boot Camp.[/color]

Hmm, what do you think makes you not disgusting? I mean, you are a human, so big ego, violence, cruelty, narcissism, arrogance, hypocrisy, grandiosity, tribalism, sex obsession, greed, all that funny human stuff applies to you, yes?

Quote:

My brain needs stimulation, and there is nothing else to talk to. Humans might be disgusting, but they still have useful knowledge. As for intersex, I don't think I know any, but seeking them out in order to check if they are as terrible as women/men would probably not be very nice... :3

Quote:
Also, what traits would a person have to have, for you not to consider them gross or disgusting?

It's about not having gross human traits (gave some examples above). It's usually easier to give positive examples, there are many, so let's say pigs. Pigs tend to be way nicer than humans.

You must be fun at parties.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2021, 4:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nothing.  However, there are certainly a lot of people who seem to have deluded themselves into believing that their opinions of other people have any relevance.

My opinions have relevance to myself obviously, and that's enough. I would prefer if others didn't care what I think about them, but sadly, they often do, and it creates problems... :3

Quote:
You must be fun at parties.

Why would I go to a party? They tend to be full of gross humans... :3

What do you enjoy about parties though?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 4:50 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
My opinions have relevance to myself obviously, and that's enough. I would prefer if others didn't care what I think about them, but sadly, they often do, and it creates problems.
Since you know your opinions cause problems, then why do you express them?  Is it boredom, or do you just like making people uncomfortable?

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2021, 5:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
Since you know your opinions cause problems, then why do you express them?  Is it boredom, or do you just like making people uncomfortable?

Sometimes I'm just asked about them, or to explain why I don't want to hang out. Sometimes I have to explain to give context, otherwise people make some weird assumptions about me. Sometimes they are relevant to the discussion (like in this topic when I responded to misandry). And sometimes I'm curious if there is anyone else who doesn't like human contact. So there are many reasons, making narcissists uncomfortable is not one, it's just collateral damage.

Although to be honest, it can be pretty funny :3

Last edited by Cornflake on 31 Jul 2021, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed an indrect personal attack

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 6:38 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

This sounds more like misanthropy. Can you tell us why you find people disgusting? Do you think human beings are physically disgusting or morally disgusting?

Do you object to other people existing or only to other people being in the same room as you?

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 10:26 pm

As an analogy, if I think too hard about germs I get totally grossed out. If I keep my thoughts "surface level", I can get by. I have to purposefully pull my mind away from the grossness.

When I was a teenager my dad said that people were basically good and I couldn't understand that at all. I thought people were the most awful things. Now I like people in a delusional, optimistic way. Perhaps I am keeping my thoughts "surface level" for both human physical and mental characteristics. Actually, my head may be in the clouds. At this point I may have the ultimate Stockholm syndrome. So maybe I ought to be more grossed out for reasonable moderation (and poster could be less grossed out).

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Aug 2021, 8:37 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
This sounds more like misanthropy. Can you tell us why you find people disgusting? Do you think human beings are physically disgusting or morally disgusting?

Disgusting personalities. I just can't stand so much lies, delusions and arrogance. I most likely shouldn't delve into details too much though, since I already got growled at by mod... I Should not be provoking humans, they attack easily... :3

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Do you object to other people existing or only to other people being in the same room as you?

Just the same room, or them trying to socialize with me. I'm fine with cooperating though.

Quote:
Now I like people in a delusional, optimistic way.

Most likely your way is way more practical. After all, I'm surrounded by humans, so I have to be constantly vigilant to not slip and let them know what I think, but instead always keep forcing myself to smile and tell them what they want to hear... Very tiring in the long run... :3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 8:42 am

1981 is about when “Stray Cat Strut” came out. Really cool song.

I believe humans are complex beings. Mostly an amalgam of “good” and “bad.”

I take people on a individual basis.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Aug 2021, 9:08 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe humans are complex beings. Mostly an amalgam of “good” and “bad.”

I take people on a individual basis.

Certainly very practical way. Human values seem to look like that:
rich, powerful, winners - good
poor, weak, losers - bad

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 9:46 am

It’s really not that simple.

There are many rich and powerful people who are total losers.

And there are SO many poor people who transcend their poverty and become winners.

I’m not rich. I’m not powerful. I’m a shrimpy man, and physically weak in some aspects—but I’m no loser.