Are you fully vaccinated for COVID-19?

Page 1 of 13 [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2021, 4:03 pm

I have gotten both the COVID-19 shots.

Last edited by Sonic200 on 12 Jul 2021, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 4:04 pm

I am fully vaccinated, and I will take the booster when it becomes available.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 4:09 pm

Not yet.

I'll get my second Pfizer-BionTech shot Wednesday next week.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 4:12 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Not yet.  I'll get my second Pfizer-BionTech shot Wednesday next week.
You may want to take Thursday off, unless you can handle working with what feels like a severe hangover.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 4:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
You may want to take Thursday off, unless you can handle working with what feels like a severe hangover.

I have actually postponed my summer vacation in case I get some more serious side effects from the vaccine.

No need to feel sick in an expensive hotel room on holiday, when I can do so cheaply at home instead.

I only got sore and tired after the first shot (had to leave work early), but it is quite common to experience stronger side effects from the 2nd shot.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 4:40 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Fnord wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
I have actually postponed my summer vacation in case I get some more serious side effects from the vaccine.  No need to feel sick in an expensive hotel room on holiday, when I can do so cheaply at home instead.  I only got sore and tired after the first shot (had to leave work early), but it is quite common to experience stronger side effects from the 2nd shot.
I know, because I had the Pfizer vaccine too.  The first was nothing; the second was rough for 1 day only.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 4:40 pm

I got both Pfizer shots with only a sore arm both times, plus a headache the second time. I'll get the vaccine again when it's needed.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 4:48 pm

Had the first one in January and second in March

Felt awful for 24hrs after the first - not up to leaving the house

Better with the second - only felt unwell for about 4 hours

Will have the booster when it is available

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2021, 5:10 pm

Yes, I have gotten both my shots, and I will take the booster when it becomes available

I had very little reaction to it. The first time, about 10 hours or so after the shot, I experienced very mild discomfort where the injection was administered, it lasted for less than 12 hours. That was my sole reaction

the second time, I quickly experienced pain where the shot had been administered, and it lasted for 2-3 days It was significantly more painful than the first time, but it still was really mild, no worse than a painful bruise

edit: It was the Pfizer BioNTech, by the way

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Last edited by Redpaws on 12 Jul 2021, 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 5:15 pm

My bride and I got our second Pfizer jabs on the Ides of March.

After both jabs she says she was wiped out for a week. (We're both very retired and, in honor of the Pandemic, had been pretty much living as recluses so I didn't notice much difference in her. :roll: )

I had no side effects from either jab.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 7:30 pm

Nope, I've got more chance of experiencing bad side effects from the vaccine than experiencing bad symptoms from catching COVID.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 7:58 pm

I'm fully vaccinated, at least until the anti-vaxers cause a new strain...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 8:06 pm

Not yet, but I'm planning on getting my first shot sometime soon.

Joe90 wrote:
Nope, I've got more chance of experiencing bad side effects from the vaccine than experiencing bad symptoms from catching COVID.

Are you sure about that one?
I mean you might not wind up in the hospital, but COVID is no walk in the park, especially if you get Long COVID.
I would put Long COVID as probably the #2 worst illness I've ever had. Mono is #1, and cancer is probably #3.

But Long COVID is definitely #1 as far as longevity is concerned. Mono only lasted about seven months.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 8:07 pm

I had my second shot sometime in mid-April, I think. I think it was Pfizer. The rest of my family were a few days ahead of me, same vaccine. None of us had anything more than a sore arm for the following two days, it wasn’t any worse than a tetanus booster for me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 8:07 pm

I got both vaccines (Moderna) in February and March. I did feel some fatigue from the second one, but at least I have peace of mind knowing that I am mostly protected from COVID.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 8:13 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Not yet, but I'm planning on getting my first shot sometime soon.

Joe90 wrote:

Are you sure about that one?
I mean you might not wind up in the hospital, but COVID is no walk in the park, especially if you get Long COVID.
I would put Long COVID as probably the #2 worst illness I've ever had. Mono is #1, and cancer is probably #3.

But Long COVID is definitely #1 as far as longevity is concerned. Mono only lasted about seven months.

Cancer should not be compared to or ranked less severe than COVID-19. Some cancers occur without any symptoms, then by the time you do get some sort of symptoms the cancer has already spread and cannot be cured. My mum was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and is still suffering 5 years later, and it won't ever go away. She's been physically ill for 5 years, and when I say ill, I literally mean ill.

So many people, particularly younger and healthy people, get over COVID without being ill or needing treatment. But if you get cancer and it isn't spotted early enough, it is usually a death sentence.

Last edited by Joe90 on 12 Jul 2021, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.