Worried that I'm turning into a hermit

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 12:08 pm

Here in the UK, restrictions have been eased and shops, museums, leisure centres, restaurants and so on have all been open now for a few months and yet I'm still preferring to stay at home when I am off work and still not really going back out to places I used to enjoy when I can just use my common sense to wear a mask and sanitise my hands. I've offered to come down several times by my dad and step-mum to a restaurant and several times I've turned the offer down because I don't feel comfortable when its likely they'll be a lot of people in there and I do feel partly bad about it like I'm going to keep turning it down although I did see my grandparents with my dad and step-mum on Fathers Day and I was fine because I knew they were all fully vaccinated and I've only had one dose. I've visited my local town a couple times only to get something I want and then leave and not hang around. I know from next week I may announce that people will choose to not wear a face mask which I am not comfortable with and I am going to continue wearing masks and social distancing at work and I don't like the idea of screens being taken off the counters, and social distancing spots taken away, I feel like its going to dissuade me from going back out again because people will not be wearing masks and socially distancing like they used to and they'll be more crowding and more people about and seemed as though it was more comfortable before. If I was in charge, I would have kept the restrictions in place until September because according to the vaccine calculator, herd immunity in the UK is estimated to be achieved then as most adults over 18 will have had two doses.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 6:30 am

I know what you mean. None of my peers are as careful as i am, they eat out, meet with friends in closed spaces and such. I also sometimes feel weird for being so careful but if you get sick there is no guarantee that you will get better just because you are young.

People should be understanding of your choices regarding your health as it basically the most important thing in life.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 8:49 pm

oh god going from lockdown and empty streets to mid-of-summer football-drunkards screaming at you up close, with their beer-scented, moist and warm breath, was tough, yes.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 3:39 pm

Dear Chris1989,
You are absolutely right.
Every word.
You stay safe!
Let others do as they please; keep your distance, and wear your masks and gloves!
It’s your health, your life!