Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 1:52 pm

There is a body of crtical witch-hunty literature about autism which really seems to have picked up steam about 10 years ago among theory of mind advocates.

I do not use the term "witch-hunty" loosely, and this is like a parody of the Movie "Minority Report", where instead of precogs they have really weak studies. How weak I dont know yet, but scratching the surface of this bs really stinks.

The HFA wiki seems a key source, if not the key source of this literature in current circulation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-functioning_autism

I have said all this before on Franz's threads, but I think this hfa wiki may be the key source of Franz's issues and should have its own thread. Here is one of Franz's

viewtopic.php?t=398070

For one thing this should be documented. I took a screen with the offending section and Franz's response to it.

At first I wanted to edit out the theory of mind crap, but now think it should be left where is as is, and a franz's response to it should be elaborated on.

I have to run so sorry this is kind of a rushed op to such an important topic, but it should get rolling.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 1:57 pm

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 4:52 pm

putting aside that this trancends the internet via springing from these articles,

Quote:
Three specific deficits characteristic of individuals with ASDs (theory of mind, emotion regulation, and moral reasoning) are examined as potential confluent forces leading to criminal behavior among individuals with ASDs. Legal and policy recommendations are presented.

http://jaapl.org/content/40/2/177.long

Quote:
Impaired moral judgment is associated with distinct neural systems, including the right temporal parietal junction4. Gabrieli says his group is working on an imaging study focusing on which brain regions are active in these individuals while they are engaged in moral reasoning.

They’d better work quickly: Frith predicts that the utility of the new test may be limited. “I have no doubt that the Asperger’s community will get hold of the test, study it, and learn the scenarios,” she says.

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/mind- ... in-autism/[/quote]

do you not find it in the least alarming that what is going wrong here is a weird minority report style witch hunt badly assimilating autistics to psychopaths?\

btw I do not think your strange response is due to autism, lol. :heart: :jester:

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 5:21 pm

When you say "HFA wiki," it sounds like a wiki website specifically dealing with HFA. From what I gather, you're talking about the Wikipedia article on High Functioning Autism. Is that correct?

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 6:08 am

Not enough is known about the biology of autism including the causes and what separates it from other disorders to put things in neat boxes divided by thick concrete walls.

However autistic people being linked with psychopathy is a big risk for us. I can imagine in the future if a genetic / brain link is made, us then being associated with high school shootings and serial killers and being then discriminated against for it.

As if we don’t have enough to deal with.

- George Bernie Shaw

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 6:20 am

Cooijmans on Asperger's.

Quote:
These include motor clumsiness, insensitivity to another's feelings, destructiveness, aggression, endlessly bottled-up anger, violent outbursts, and grim sadism

https://paulcooijmans.com/asperger/stra ... erger.html

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 12:01 pm

^ seems [even more] evidence that !Q tests are a joke, lol

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
When you say "HFA wiki," it sounds like a wiki website specifically dealing with HFA. From what I gather, you're talking about the Wikipedia article on High Functioning Autism. Is that correct?

yes, and now I see the problem is more widespread than I had realized when I made this thread a mere day ago.

Last night I read into the science of evil by Baron-Cohen and the War on Autism by Anne McGuire.

here is a review of Anne's book, im not so far into it yet - https://dsq-sds.org/article/view/7865/5860

I guess this witch hunt may be based on selective reading of Baron-Cohen, and possibly errors in BC's work itself?