Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 2:07 pm

Honestly I don't, I just want to get the things I worry about off my chest.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 3:21 pm

There's nothing wrong with doing that, even though some people might dismiss you and say that you worry too much and all of that. But this is an autism forum after all, and people should feel free to be themselves and express their thoughts and feelings to other people on the spectrum. Some Aspies have anxiety and tend to overthink things like I do, and usually when I do I need answers and reassurance, not judgement.

It is actually healthy to get things off your chest. I hope nobody has upset you or made you feel like you aren't allowed to express yourself. If people don't want to read our threads then they don't have to. Like I get bored silly seeing so many Trump crap here so I just skip those threads. Threads like this one are much more interesting to me because I'm good at empathising with other people, better than I am at arguing about politics in a country I don't even live in.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 8:00 pm

Aspies are sometimes said to be good at proofreading and other error-checking work, so if that's true then it could be a brain-wiring thing rather than a particularly negative, jaundiced attitude. I get sick of seeing inspirational memes about how we should all count our blessings. Personally I can't seem to help seeing the flaws in things, but it doesn't make me grumpy as such. If I can't see what's wrong, I can't put anything right. I guess it's a mistake to dwell too long on bad things that there's no solution for, but if there's a chance of making it better, I think it's healthy.

I've heard of a thing where some people are critical of others in order to make themselves look or feel superior. It's plausible but I don't know if it's ever been proved. I suppose I'm quite critical of others, but I'm even worse about myself.