George Floyd Mural Destroyed by Lightning.

Page 8 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 8:10 am

/\That looks more like my version of Hell.
A crowded room full of screaming idiots.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 8:35 am

This probably happened due to that thing in the Ten Commandments about Idolatry.

choeft2018
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2021, 9:19 am

Here is a great sermon from Charles H. Spurgeon after two railroad accidents in just over a week in 1861.
https://archive.spurgeon.org/sermons/0408.php

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 11:41 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
I doubt many of those who "protest evolution" would really care what those who belive in it have to say on the subject of what the "original Adam" looked like

I don't,
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... supremacy/

You can pretend amnesia but every white American christian believed the following till the 1950s

"At the heart of white evangelical creationism is the mythology of an unbroken white lineage that stretches back to a light-skinned Adam and Eve. In literal interpretations of the Christian Bible, white skin was created in God's image. Dark skin has a different, more problematic origin. As the biblical story goes, the curse or mark of Cain for killing his brother was a darkening of his descendants' skin. Historically, many congregations in the U.S. pointed to this story of Cain as evidence that Black skin was created as a punishment."

It explains why a scary number of white christians still believe in a white adam
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/ob ... n-america/

As usual Brictoria this demonstrates science destroys right wing fantasy

And yet now you have creationists saying belief in evolution is racist by conflating evolution with the scientific racism of more than a hundred years ago and also saying the theory of evolution lead to Nazi eugenics.

It seems like creationists have a short memory for their own deeds. They're like "I'm not racist, everyone else is".

To be fair, some of those ideas were derived from misunderstandings of evolutionary theory. It's not fair to blame evolutionists today for those misinterpretations because racists used pseudoscience to support their claims, but the issue (at least for some people making the claim) is an inability to understand that evolutionary theory never supported those racist claims and that evolutionists as a whole aren't responsible for how some evolutionists with racist motives many decades ago abused science to make claims of that sort.

It's like blaming all Christians for the Westboro Baptist Church, but there's people who do that too.
I don't believe in evolution but, if I did I would question how is it possible for all of the varieties of humanity to evolve so differently and yet be identical in the area of mental cognition. If evolution happened we should see as great a diversity in IQ as we do in all other characteristics.

We do see a great diversity in intellect, it's just not connected to ethnicity like you suggest would end up occurring without explaining why that would be the case.

It's not as though some places humans have lived are so easy to live humans wouldn't require their brain power and regress as a result.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 1:51 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
I doubt many of those who "protest evolution" would really care what those who belive in it have to say on the subject of what the "original Adam" looked like

I don't,

You can pretend amnesia but every white American christian believed the following till the 1950s

"At the heart of white evangelical creationism is the mythology of an unbroken white lineage that stretches back to a light-skinned Adam and Eve. In literal interpretations of the Christian Bible, white skin was created in God's image. Dark skin has a different, more problematic origin. As the biblical story goes, the curse or mark of Cain for killing his brother was a darkening of his descendants' skin. Historically, many congregations in the U.S. pointed to this story of Cain as evidence that Black skin was created as a punishment."

It explains why a scary number of white christians still believe in a white adam

And yet now you have creationists saying belief in evolution is racist by conflating evolution with the scientific racism of more than a hundred years ago and also saying the theory of evolution lead to Nazi eugenics.

It seems like creationists have a short memory for their own deeds. They're like "I'm not racist, everyone else is".

To be fair, some of those ideas were derived from misunderstandings of evolutionary theory. It's not fair to blame evolutionists today for those misinterpretations because racists used pseudoscience to support their claims, but the issue (at least for some people making the claim) is an inability to understand that evolutionary theory never supported those racist claims and that evolutionists as a whole aren't responsible for how some evolutionists with racist motives many decades ago abused science to make claims of that sort.

It's like blaming all Christians for the Westboro Baptist Church, but there's people who do that too.
I don't believe in evolution but, if I did I would question how is it possible for all of the varieties of humanity to evolve so differently and yet be identical in the area of mental cognition. If evolution happened we should see as great a diversity in IQ as we do in all other characteristics.

We do see a great diversity in intellect, it's just not connected to ethnicity like you suggest would end up occurring without explaining why that would be the case.

It's not as though some places humans have lived are so easy to live humans wouldn't require their brain power and regress as a result.

I'm not sure I understand your point, but........OK.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 10:26 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

I don't,

I'm not sure I understand your point, but........OK.

I understand his point, and I agree with the premise. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 10:46 pm

Misslizard wrote:

No they literally look like what white heaven must be (if it existed)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 11:39 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I think The Boondocks was more accurate. 8)

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 1:13 am

Or heaven could look like this for some.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 1:35 am

^^ Is that a little Klan baby? :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 2:34 am

cyberdad wrote:

Heaven to those people would mean no need to hide behind those costumes.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 5:17 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Yeah, ain't "it" cute

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It's actually a disguise in case St Peter recognises them at the pearly gates :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 7:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I don’t want to go there.It looks like you have to bleach your hair to get in.Is there an opening in hell instead?
Anyway I’m not eligible, according to the one drop rule ,I’m not white enough.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Yeah, ain't "it" cute

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It's actually a disguise in case St Peter recognises them at the pearly gates :lol:

My cousin Joseph (who is latino) got a big laugh out of this and wants to know if he will have to wear a sombrero in Latino Heaven?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 11:41 am

If I go to Hillbilly Heaven will I have to enter bare foot?And will there be unlimited cold beer and good weed?