Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

cyclist_Netherlands
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2021, 9:36 pm

Hi, I am "new" here!

In 1997 or 1998 I got in touch with other people on the autism spectrum online through Martijn Dekker, who lives in the Dutch city Groningen, just like me. Martijn and I have been organizing a lot of meetings in Groningen during the years 1999 and 2000. During 2000 until 2010 I have been organizing national meetings in different cities in The Netherlands with other people on the autism spectrum. After 2010 I decided to choose for myself and just be a member and a participant in whatever other people on the autism spectrum are organizing.

During 2005 and 2010 I had my own one-man small IT company in Groningen. It was a lot of fun most of the time, but the market changed and I did not want to keep up with it, so I ended it.

I have had several short relationships with women. Most of these women were also on the autism spectrum.
Today I have my own appartment, eight best friends, a well paid job and a cat.

The name of my cat is Adje. Before that I had two other cats, named Conan and Billie.

Animals are very important to me because they never disappointed me. I get from animals what I invest in them, which is something I can not say about certain human beings that I have met in my life.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 9:53 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

cyclist_Netherlands
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2021, 10:10 pm

Thank you.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 10:19 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

We occasionally have other people from the Netherlands posting here as well.

cyclist_Netherlands
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2021, 10:39 pm

It was actually a post of another Dutch person on the Autsider forum who brought me on the idea to post here as well.

There is a reason for that.

A lot of Dutch phpBB forums about autism have seized to exist.

Autsider seems to be not doing well either. It is 20 or 21 years old now and it is still alive... for now. The most important moderator on Autsider has decided to quit. He is so important because he always remains calm. He is like a Vulcan from Star Trek. Always in control of his emotions. Most of us came to like him a lot. And now he wants to quit and it is uncertain which of the remaining members will be a good successor.

MarcDC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2021, 4:29 am

Hello Cyclist, nice to see you found the way here.

In any case, even if the Autsider forum stays as it is, there are people here that don't speak Dutch and you won't meet them there. It's broadening the horizon.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 4:31 am

Hello.

I need to cycle again but I am stuck.

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

cyclist_Netherlands
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2021, 5:08 am

I only get on my bicycle for 3-4 weeks when I expect that it is going to be fun.

In the summer of 2020 I could still expect that, so I went (cycling to Paris, that is).

Months ago I did not expect that to happen for Sweden, so I decided to stay in my own country and try doing other fun stuff. For example, I recently finished a jigsaw puzzle of 1000 pieces that kept me busey for a good 8 days.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 5:14 am

I need to get my bicycles working so I can ride. About two years ago I had a burnout and it was while working on bicycles, and I have not been able to do much since then. It concerns me because I need to get my body fit to ride again.

I like to ride touring bikes. They are nice to ride.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 11:03 am

Welcome to WP! I think you can meet some nice folk here (and already have).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 11:14 am

Hello and welcome! Image

I love jigsaw puzzles, and I used to be an avid mountain biker. I have two cats, a dog and a fish. In fact I've never not had a cat since I was born! :cat: I hope you enjoy your time here!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 1:00 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hello and welcome! Image

I love jigsaw puzzles, and I used to be an avid mountain biker. I have two cats, a dog and a fish. In fact I've never not had a cat since I was born! :cat: I hope you enjoy your time here!

What frame material did you prefer?